Windows 10: Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?

Discus and support Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help and/or advice needed. I have suffered a disastrous hardware failure on my work computer. Apart from the horrendous job of re-installing all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyKay1950, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?

Help and/or advice needed.

I have suffered a disastrous hardware failure on my work computer. Apart from the horrendous job of re-installing all my graphics and cartographic applications, I am concerned that I will not be able to re-install my Windows 10 Pro to the same version that I have been using until midday today. on the new HDD that I have had to order. Ironically, I have been setting up a foolproof multi backup system, and before I have completed it, my main HD has failed!!

I now have no record of my Windows 10 Serial number or activation code, and I do not want to needlessly have to buy another version, when I have been using W10 since it was introduced, after having upgraded from W7.

I have a Microsoft Account, and always log on my computers with it.

Will I be able to re-install W10 on the new HD, and will Microsoft recognise that this is a genuine problem and allow me to revert to my, now inaccessible, version of W10Pro?

Thanks

Andy Kay

:)

AndyKay1950, Aug 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 13, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?

1. Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive? - Similar Threads - Help Failure Install

2. Windows 10 installation failure. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation failure. HELP!: Hi, I could really do with some help.I've purchased Windows 10 and have tried numerous times to install it and it keeps failing. I checked the system requirements prior to purchasing so know these are OK. I have tried installing any updates and disabling my anti virus...
  3. Windows 10 installation failure. HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation failure. HELP!: Hi, I could really do with some help.I've purchased Windows 10 and have tried numerous times to install it and it keeps failing. I checked the system requirements prior to purchasing so know these are OK. I have tried installing any updates and disabling my anti virus...
  4. Windows 10 installation failure. HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HD failure after installing Win 10

HD failure after installing Win 10: I just installed Win 10 Home on a PC that had been running Win 8.1. I did not upgrade, I did a complete install. The install & activation went fine , but shortly afterwards the HD has apparently failed, as now on startup all it will do is check the disk for a long time and...
  6. Help installing windows on a new drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help installing windows on a new drive: I have a new 1tb ssd and i want to make it my boot drive, but I dont want to touch or move anything right now on my old hhd. If I use the Windows Tool to do a clean install of windows on the ssd is this going to affect anything on the hdd? I also have a flash drive that I...
  7. Help installing Minecraft for Windows 10 on a new HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help installing Minecraft for Windows 10 on a new HD: Hi folks, Got my newly repaired computer back and am trying to set everything back up. I own the starter collection for Minecraft and am trying to set it back up on this PC. According to the MS Store app it is installed, but when I try to launch it I get a big orange...
  8. Installing windows 10 to a new HD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing windows 10 to a new HD: I recently had an HD fail and I am stuck replacing it. I assume that I should have no troubles downloading the files I need to get going but what do I do about the install key? Somehow the key sticker on the bottom of the laptop case was damaged to the point of not being able...
  9. Can’t install Windows 10 on a new HD

Can’t install Windows 10 on a new HD: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideacentre B320 in which I was using Windows 10 1803. After replacing the hd for an ssd I tried to install Windows 10. The install procedure ends without problems. After five minutes using the PC I hear the unplugging/plugging sound, the screen goes black...
  10. New HD/Install windows 10

New HD/Install windows 10: New hd old one crashed. Is there a way to put windows 10 back on that was originally downloaded from the web when they offered it? If I downloaded an windows 10 ISO will it not ask for a key or does it install a media creation tool? I have read some on the comments on the...