Windows 10: Help - How can I get menu back to proper size

Discus and support Help - How can I get menu back to proper size in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. Is there any way of getting back the menu to it's original size. I don't know what I did but most of it's gone and the menu won't re-size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Help - How can I get menu back to proper size

Hi there.

Is there any way of getting back the menu to it's original size. I don't know what I did but most of it's gone and the menu won't re-size again.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  2. RicW-nw Win User

How can I move music files back to their proper albums?

Pleased to see you have resolved this... Regards, Ric.

RicW-nw, Oct 3, 2014
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    How can I move music files back to their proper albums?

No apology needed.,, and forget that 'too old' bit (I'm pretty ancient myself!) - Ric.

RicW-nw, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Help - How can I get menu back to proper size

Hi,
    Not sure if it will work, but you could try enabling the start screen, and then switch back to menu again after that
    see if that clears anything that has gone wrong

paulsalter, Oct 3, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

didn't work

What I might have to do is create another user - delete my own user (having copied everything first) and then create myself again.

System Restore also might be in order -- I get the option with the mouse to stretch the menu but it doesn't work --I've swapped mice too !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  6. Boozad Win User
    How did you go about shrinking it? By removing items? I have a feeling it dynamically changes to fit the amount of items in there although I could be wrong.

Boozad, Oct 3, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Not sure now -- I know I removed some tiled apps !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  8. Boozad Win User

Try right clicking the Start Menu > Properties > Start Menu > Customise and add some items to be displayed, it should extend then. Then remove them and see if it shrinks back down.

Boozad, Oct 3, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

It just creates a scrollable window !!! doesn't change the size.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  10. Boozad Win User
    Oh. Bugger. I'll have a play around in a minute and see what I can find out.

Boozad, Oct 3, 2014
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks - but take an image first in case it also hoses up your system !!!! - I also now haven't got any option to add items to the menu and if you have a look at another thread I can't personalize unless windows is activated !!!! -- I have a feeling I've hosed this install up !!! - Still it's testing. I'm off now to follow UK "Footy" -- I can get 15.00 (14.00 out time) U.K Saturday footy feeds here.

Will logon again after the footy.

Thanks again

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    Can you drag them up from top edge ?

CountMike, Oct 3, 2014
  13. Boozad Win User

It seems like you can, I've just managed to stretch mine upwards but can't resize it up or down now even though the cursor does change to the resize arrows.

EDIT: OK, you need to hover over the top of the Start Menu until the cursor changes to the resize arrows. Left click and hold then drag up or down, the menu resizes in increments to certain sizes, you can't just move it up or down slightly.

Help - How can I get menu back to proper size [​IMG]

Boozad, Oct 3, 2014
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

That's the key -- you have to move the cursor a discrete amount (about 5 cm on my monitor) then the menu changes in size

Not very intuitive !!!!!

+1 for you

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  15. LittleJay Win User
    Hey jimbo, does re-sizing the menu upward change the size of the text for you as well? It didn't for me when I just tried it.

LittleJay, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Help - How can I get menu back to proper size - Similar Threads - Help menu proper

2. Laptop Stolen how can I get back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stolen how can I get back: How can I get my laptop which is and I don't have the Mac id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stolen-how-can-i-get-back/62568a70-784c-4072-b663-1d8f74768a33
  3. How can i get my sound back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get my sound back?: Hi good evening,My computer is not producing sound when my headphones are not connected. I found a message when looking at the NVIDIA High Definition Audio that says "Device settings not migrated." I tried researching fixes but came to no prevail. Everything that I have...
  4. How can i get back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get back to administrator: I have change my account permissions to `Standard user` instead of Administrator and now i can't reback to AdministratorI have follow opetion2 from Herebut now when i open anything as administrator he said should type the Administrator password and when type my microsoft...
  5. How can i get back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get back to administrator: I have change my account permissions to `Standard user` instead of Administrator and now i can't reback to AdministratorI have follow opetion2 from Herebut now when i open anything as administrator he said should type the Administrator password and when type my microsoft...
  6. How can I get a desktop shortcut for this menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get a desktop shortcut for this menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/idonthavexbox [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vu934c/how_can_i_get_a_desktop_shortcut_for_this_menu/
  7. .how can i get back it ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .how can i get back it ????: i lost my power point file when i tried to change its folder to another and i chosen skip after it was disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-it/2850b162-dd65-440c-84c2-bf4622216d7c
  8. how do I get my Start Menu back

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my Start Menu back: How do I get my start menu back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-start-menu-back/df4065de-17b7-4e29-a2ba-a92dca50d907
  9. Help on getting left menu back in PC settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Help on getting left menu back in PC settings: Hi All Fairly new to Windows 10 and my left hand side menu in PC settings has gone and i cannot get it back *Sad Looks like this: [img] Want it to look like this: [img] Can anyone help please? Thanks 118343
  10. How Can I Get Windows 10 Back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Get Windows 10 Back?: So, I just recently decided to reset my Laptop to its Factory Settings. However, in doing so, it changed back to Windows 8.1. Is there anyway I can get Windows 10 back..? Thank you. 26825