Windows 10: Help! I am not able to restore Windows 10

Discus and support Help! I am not able to restore Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since my computer updated to Windows 10 it has been running slow to the point where it is unusable. This has made restoring the operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by montana13, Jun 29, 2016.

1. montana13 Win User

Help! I am not able to restore Windows 10

Ever since my computer updated to Windows 10 it has been running slow to the point where it is unusable. This has made restoring the operating system impossible. I have gone into settings > update & security > recovery > reset this PC > keep files/remove file (I have tried both) but the computer either doesn't let me get this far or when I do and I restart to allow it to restore windows I get a message saying that i was not able to restore.

I have also gone into setup at while the computer is starting up but I don't know how to get the system to restore from this point. I clicked F7 (restore user defaults) and then hit "yes" but nothing happens. I immediately his save and exit setup and the computer still does nothing. What am I missing here?

I want to be able to reset the computer completely back to the factory settings. Help! Thank you so much in advance for any input.

-Elliot

:)

montana13, Jun 29, 2016

2. Not able to do Sytem Restore. Windows says I am not an administrator

Maybe your account does not have administrative privileges.

Regardless of this, you can launch the System Restore process by booting the machine with a bootable Windows 10 Repair flash disk. There will be no need to enter any account details.

Frederik Long, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Not able to do Sytem Restore. Windows says I am not an administrator

Whenever I try to do a system restore, Windows restarts and goes into the recovery menu but says that I need to be an administrator to do a System Restore. But I am an administrator. So what do I do ? I thought I had solved this when I changed my account
    to full Administrator recently. But clearly it hasn't worked.

AllenAntony, Jun 29, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

That means as it was before the upgradation to windows 10?

If you upgraded within a month, try this: Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums

If the upgrade is older than a month .... do you have an image backup of your previous OS? If you have, then restore that image.
    If you dont have a image backup, then the best way would be to perform a clean install of your previous OS, unfortunately.

I personally think that an upgrade is needed to get the digital entitlement (permanent activation) of the device. To have a smoothly working windows 10, it is always better to do a clean install of windows 10 after the upgrade.

5. montana13 Win User
    My computer won't even start up now. My only option is to go into the BIOS setup utility. I don't know how to restore the computer back to factory setting from this point. I tried to click on the "restore user defaults" but that didn't do anything. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

montana13, Jun 30, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Factory restore is possible if you have the restore partition provided by the vendor, or you have restore disks provided by the vendor, or you have system images made previously.

Do you have any one of those?

If not, please forget about the factory restore. Go for a clean install.

Decide which OS you want for a clean install, the previous OS (specify what it was) or the Windows 10. We will help you accordingly.

7. montana13 Win User
    I don't have any of the restore disks provide be the vendor available to me right now.

What are the steps to do a clean install?

montana13, Jun 30, 2016
  8. DavidE Win User

If you have the factory recovery partition, and it still works, and you want to recover back to the original factory setup,
    try this (and read the article source below):
    Source: Acer System Recovery Partition Hotkey Instructions (eRecovery)

DavidE, Jun 30, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Excellent suggestion by @DavidE. Try it.

For the clean install, if you really have to think about it, let us know which Windows you want to install (7, 8 or 10).

Thema:

1. Help! I am not able to restore Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help able restore

2. I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?: Last week I downloaded Windows 11. I have a Brother DCP-L2540 DW. All works well including printing. However, in the Brother's Utility, I can't open Control Center 4 so that I would be able to scan something. I contacted Brother support 3 times. Did all kinds of...
  3. I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to scan. Can anyone help?: Last week I downloaded Windows 11. I have a Brother DCP-L2540 DW. All works well including printing. However, in the Brother's Utility, I can't open Control Center 4 so that I would be able to scan something. I contacted Brother support 3 times. Did all kinds of...
  4. why am i not able to download windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am i not able to download windows 10: Windows 10 updateI am trying to download Windows 10 device tool everytime I try the following message appearserror code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000I have tried various methods but nothing has worked can someone give me some useful information so that this can be resolvedI have a...
  5. I am not able to use windows 10 search.

in Cortana
    I am not able to use windows 10 search.: Whenever I click on it it expands, starts loading, then stops. When I type in anything nothing happens. This happened a few days after I got my computer and it was working fine before....
  6. I am not able to update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not able to update windows 10: I am not able to update windows 10 and getting error it's say something when wrong try after sometime and even get other errors also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-update-windows-10/6f685d9e-4cbe-40bf-b15a-592c3d4a5516
  7. I am not able to cast windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to cast windows 10: I want to watch movie on my tv but i am not able cast my screen even my tv is smart tv and my system has windows 10 any suggestion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-cast-windows-10/1f531f31-08bf-484a-ad70-73d60670fe07
  8. I am not able to update my windows 10

I am not able to update my windows 10: I can't update windows 10 to latest it given update fail error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-update-my-windows-10/58429033-7c20-44bc-bfd6-beccd0862f51
  9. I am not able to update windows 10

I am not able to update windows 10: Don't know but i am not able to update windows 10 build 2004 help me to troubleshoot this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-update-windows-10/462e26f6-956d-47d1-800a-b225c33c2874
  10. windows 10 Crashed not able to reset or restore pls help

windows 10 Crashed not able to reset or restore pls help: after update my windows pc not able bookable also tried reset but not successful.tied so many times but giving same window [ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im not able reset windows 10

2. WINDOWS TEN INSTALL FACTORY WINDOW.WILL IT INSTALL AUDIO BACK

3. im not able to restore windows

4. windows 10 not able to restore due to virus