Windows 10: Help identify usb device

Discus and support Help identify usb device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I didn`t have any issues in Device Manager with 1607, but Windows installed 1703 tonight, everything is fine but I found this small issue in Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017.

1. AddRAM Win User

Help identify usb device

I didn`t have any issues in Device Manager with 1607, but Windows installed 1703 tonight, everything is fine but I found this small issue in Device Manager. Should I just start unplugging usb devices to see if maybe a connected usb device is causing the message ?

Or does it look like it`s on the motherboard ? Or just a 1703 glitch ?

Thanks, Brian

:)

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017

2. Kernel-P-n-P issue

Hi Jhessica,

The troubleshooter identified "Device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI_00\0"

Thanks for your help.

Dave

DavidSiegfried, Jul 27, 2017
  3. N95 updating problem - cannot identify device

I´ve tried 2 cables and various USB ports....still the same :/ NSU can detect it but cannot identify device Help identify usb device :( Please help

jakub55555, Jul 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Help identify usb device

From many years ago I recall this tool - valid for Win 10 - you could give it a whirl- no guarantees, no recent experience of it.
    Download Unknown Device Identifier - MajorGeeks

also mentioned here e.g.
    3 Different Ways To Find Unknown Devices Drivers In Windows

Another possibility is to scan using DriverMax, which may reveal sthg useful.

See this:
    Fix USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10/8.1/8/7 - YouTube
    - you don't need the audio- the 4 methods are quite well illustrated.

And of course, you might even notice something isn't functional..

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Ya so far everything seems to be functioning, it even says the device has the latest driver, but I'll look into your suggestions *Smile

Thanks

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    In the properties go to the Details tab. Under the Property Heading, take the drop down arrow and select Hardware ID. Copy the ID and paste it into Google.
    Other then that, unplug one USB device at a time until the Unknown device goes away, then you will know which one it is.

spunk, Jul 27, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    I think it`s the Corsair liquid cooler usb cable that goes from the pump to the motherboard, because I uninstalled the device in Device Manager and removed the device from Devices and Printers.

Device Manager now looks normal, but now the Corsair Link software does not show the pump speed, it was working fine with 1607, it also does not show the led logo color changer either, but yet it shows everything else, that is odd, how`s it getting the info if I removed the device.

I suppose the cable from the pump to the motherboard just sends the pump speed and the led logo info to the motherboard and all the other info is magically sent from the board to the Corsair Link software.

I connect my radiator fans directly to the PSU, so they don't show up in the software.

So maybe if I uninstall the Corsair Link software and reinstall it, maybe I`ll get lucky *Smile Be back soon.

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

Help identify usb device

I thought of that but there was no hardware ID, it would not give it to windows, and maybe that`s why it displayed the descriptor failed message.

Oh well, no luck *Sad I wonder if anyone else has this issue and does not realize it.

Yep, seems like an issue with the CU.

Corsair Link doesn't work with Windows 10 Creators Update - The Corsair User Forums

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    If so, and if MS knew about it, then theoretically you shouldn't have been offered the CU. But hey, that's theory, and it's been shown MS doesn't succeed fully with this- a Broadcom example comes to mind, and that was known by MS.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  10. AddRAM Win User
    All fixed, all I had to do was disconnect the cable from the board then reconnect it *Smile So it had nothing to do with the Creator`s Update *Biggrin

The suggestion to do that came from the Corsair User Forum I linked, thanks to all who tried to help, I appreciate your time *Smile

AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help identify usb device

1. Help identify usb device - Similar Threads - Help identify usb

2. Help to Identify Unknown usb device Port_#0007.Hub_#0001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help to Identify Unknown usb device Port_#0007.Hub_#0001: Hello i am on windows 11 and since today i get every 2 minutes unknown usb device from windows explorer so it is this port Port_#0007.Hub_#0001 and the message error is :Les paramètres de l’appareil pour USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&cc3f949&0&7 ont été migrés à partir de...
  3. Help to Identify Unknown usb device Port_#0007.Hub_#0001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help to Identify Unknown usb device Port_#0007.Hub_#0001: Hello i am on windows 11 and since today i get every 2 minutes unknown usb device from windows explorer so it is this port Port_#0007.Hub_#0001 and the message error is :Les paramètres de l’appareil pour USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&cc3f949&0&7 ont été migrés à partir de...
  4. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  5. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  6. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB Serial Device Fails to Identify as COMx Port

USB Serial Device Fails to Identify as COMx Port: I am struggling to get my SainSmart 3018 Pro to connect to my Acer Windows 10 laptop. I have read and installed . . . uninstalled . . . reinstalled . . . and found the device is under USB Input Device in my Device Manager. The software running the SainSmart 3018 is expecting...
  8. USB Headphones identifier

USB Headphones identifier: Hi all, Im just wondering about this but it's kinda hard to explain. I have my USB Headphones but whenever i plug them on a different they got a different identifier number. My computer has four USB ports and I've plugged on three of them creating "1 - Headphones", "2 -...
  9. USB cannot be identified.

USB cannot be identified.: I shut off windows insider preview, try to use USB to install Windows 10 version 1809 on my computer as dual system . When the windows installer runs, it says that the USB device cannot be indentified and windows installation cannot continue. This problem has happened in...
  10. "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?

"Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?: I just got this error message. I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any have gone bad. So, to do trouble-shooting,Is there any way to enumerate USB logical ports and the devices that are attached? I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI_00 windows 10