Windows 10: Help identifying items disabled in safe mode

Discus and support Help identifying items disabled in safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Anniversary with all updates HP dv6 laptop i5 12 Gig RAM I have one third party application that will cause the task bar to freeze for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drjulian, Oct 11, 2016.

1. drjulian Win User

Help identifying items disabled in safe mode

Windows 10 Anniversary with all updates
    HP dv6 laptop i5 12 Gig RAM

I have one third party application that will cause the task bar to freeze for up to 2 minutes when the app is closed. I contacted the vendor who advised me no one else has reported this problem, so I am trying, with their help, to diagnose.

If I start Windows in safe mode with networking, the application functions normally with no freeze.

I have disabled all the startup items in taskmgr but this does not solve the problem, so something is starting that is causing a conflict which is not in the startup items.

My question:
    How can obtain a log or list of the items that are disabled in safe mode, so I can, one-by-one, disable them until I discover which is conflicting with my third party app?

Thanks

:)

drjulian, Oct 11, 2016
  2. Morejazz Win User

All Windows 10 troubleshooters don't work - error 0x80070005

Hello,

I restarted Windows in safe mode, with networking, and tried the troubleshooters.

They do seem to work in safe mode, albeit with limited functionality, as can be expected in safe mode.

I followed the steps to perform a clean boot, disabled all start up items, then restarted my pc.

Once restarted in clean boot, the troubleshooters are reporting errors again.

Thanks for your help so far

Morejazz, Oct 11, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    boot problem

The reason a Windows PC boots directly to Safe Mode is that it can't boot normally. If you can't boot normally but you can boot to Safe Mode, that usually means something else that starts with Windows is preventing Windows from starting normally. In Safe
    Mode, nothing else starts with Windows except for the bare necessities.

In Safe Mode, open Task Manager [CTRL+SHIFT+ESC] and select the Startup tab. Disable everything you see there and restart your computer. Windows will probably boot normally. In that case, go back to the Startup tab and re-enable each item, one at a time,
    rebooting after every time. When you find the Startup that prevents Windows from starting normally, you've identified the cause of your problem.

BulldogXX, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

In safe mode open çmd prompt type net start>safe.txt in normal mode same net start>norm.txt take on from the other will tell you

Samuria, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Help identifying items disabled in safe mode - Similar Threads - Help identifying items

2. Disable Fingerprint sign-on while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Fingerprint sign-on while in safe mode?: My computer for whatever reason is only showing this part of the screen that is referenced in this KB >>...
  3. Safe mode disables my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode disables my headset: So its required to run windows 11 in secure boot in order to play valorant but if I try to do that my headset wont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-disables-my-headset/16bd9fa9-d9d4-4711-b6bb-729498722fd4
  4. Safe mode disables my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe mode disables my headset: So its required to run windows 11 in secure boot in order to play valorant but if I try to do that my headset wont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-disables-my-headset/16bd9fa9-d9d4-4711-b6bb-729498722fd4
  5. disabled startup items, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disabled startup items, help?: Well I think I screwed up big time now. For some dumb reason I decided to disable all of the startup items in msconfig thinking maybe that would magically speed things up. Then I restarted my computer and I appear to be screwed. I can't login with my pin or password, I can't...
  6. Help! With safe mode etc

Help! With safe mode etc: Help! My call of duty crashed, and asked if I wanted to enable safe mode. I said yes, because it said it was recommended for most people. After that, my quality dropped immensely and I tried to fix it. Later, it asked me the same thing. Not wanting my display to go bad again,...
  7. Safe Mode disabled services

Safe Mode disabled services: I'm having an issue where a (or some) program(s) won't launch or install normally but will in safe mode. Is there a way to get a list of the services that safe mode disables so I can narrow down the problem? submitted by /u/Shadowlord87 [link] [comments]...
  8. Help in safe mode

Help in safe mode: Is there a way to see your password history? I decided to put my pc in safe mode to clean it up but i forgot the password and im now stuck in the log in screen. submitted by /u/dotohnodot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euam9i/help_in_safe_mode/
  9. Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt: Win 10 ver 1803(os Build 17134.1) on HP Envy x360 M6 Specs https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05315774 I made an inadvertent error. I was running a rootkit scan in safemode and rebooted; without remembering that I was on Airplane mode and I am preset to login with a...
  10. Safe mode, not working, help.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safe mode, not working, help.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...