Windows 10: Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Discus and support Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harshsaini, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Hi All,

I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see if it is corrupt but WinZip didn't give any error.

Can someone help me to create bootable USB from that ISO i downloaded via Media Creation tool. I dont want to download again, it took 10 hrs earlier.

Thanks.

:)

harshsaini, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 4, 2015
  3. NebulaPlayz, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

1. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus - Similar Threads - Help creating Bootable

2. Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.: I downloaded the latest available windows 10 iso file using the media creation tool. > Plugged the 32gb drive> Opened Rufus in Admin mode > selected the iso and everything > after a few seconds I'm getting either 1. error: device is already in use by another process or 2....
  3. Help creating a Windows 10 bootable USB using Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating a Windows 10 bootable USB using Linux: Hi, I am trying to create a bootable Win10 usb using dd on Linux. When I try to boot from the pen drive, nothing happens, the pc just boots straight into the Linux Mint (cinnamon edition) OS I have installed. I tried the following: sudo dd bs=4M...
  4. Create bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  5. Using Rufus to create installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Rufus to create installation USB: Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie...
  6. best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs

best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs: I'm a happy camper using Rufus to create a bootable USB from just one ISO. Now I have a 32 GB USB 3 thumb drive and I want to install various 3, 4, maybe more rescue disks plus Win 64 1803 on this one thumb drive. What's the best, or what are the best choices? Why? There are...
  7. New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives: Version 2.0 (2015.03.03) Major UI improvements (improved font, new info field, no separate progress dialog, etc.) Add support for Windows To Go (when Rufus is running on Windows 8 or later) Add support for Grub4DOS and GRUB 2 based images (e.g. FreeNAS) Add portable...
  8. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?: I had downloaded the latest Media Creation Tool which is the Windows 10 AU update and downloaded the ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive whenever I need to perform a clean re-install of Windows 10 AU. I do not want to install the AU update...
  9. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...
  10. Need help creating a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help creating a bootable USB drive: Hello all, Here's what I'm trying to do. I want to wipe my C drive and start over with the latest edition of Windows 10 from an ISO disc downloaded from Microsoft. I want to use another program to wipe the partition rather than use the Windows reset function to do it. It's...