Windows 10: HELP: Is my network infected?

Discus and support HELP: Is my network infected? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is creepy... So, I decided I would visit HURR-DURR (basically like the original YouAreAnIdiot) on my Windows XP virtual machine (I use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by missing, May 5, 2017.

1. missing Win User

HELP: Is my network infected?

This is creepy... So, I decided I would visit HURR-DURR (basically like the original YouAreAnIdiot) on my Windows XP virtual machine (I use virtualbox). The machine was connected to the same WiFi as the host. I went to the page but instead of seeing the old comic sans, goofy song and infinite popups, there was nothing. Then, I got a popup FROM MY HOST saying that Avast Free Antivirus has stopped a virus with a name along the lines of JS.HurrDurr (I forget full name).

I'm wondering if some exploit may have slipped through.
    Can host PC's detect viruses in VMs?
    Can Hurr-Durr do real damage and is it in my network right now?

I'm really confused and I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks
    -

EDIT: I was using Firefox browser.

:)

missing, May 5, 2017

2. Nokia Lumia 920 camera is not working on windows 10 mobile

HELP: Is my network infected? [​IMG]
    My
    Nokia Lumia 920's camera is giving this error. Please help? (windows 10 mobile)

Help Me My Computer Is Loud, May 5, 2017
  3. From product key scams to broken boot

I tried all this with the installation USB Drive, but no such luck. I might get a new, uncorrupt hard drive from Dell. Thanks!

Help Me My Computer Is Loud, May 5, 2017
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Clintlgm, May 5, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi missing and welcome to Tenforums.

Not familiar with these symptoms, but I would do this:

Restore your XP VM to a saved version before the incident.

On the Host, download and run

RogueKiller
    RogueKiller Download

ADWCleaner
    Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

Malwarebytes Antimalware
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download
    (get version 2.2)

JRT
    Junkware Removal Tool Download

Then go into Control Panel>Programs and features, and Repair Avast.

Please post the logs if anything is found.

simrick, May 5, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    FYI: VMs need their own AV.

NoScript is a good addon for Firefox. Anything (javascript) that's not whitelisted in NoScript won't run.

Might want to reset Firefox as well.

simrick, May 5, 2017
  7. missing Win User
    I've already seen that... Doesn't explain how it got from the VM to the host..

missing, May 5, 2017
  8. missing Win User

No need to reset the browser, I reverted to a previous snapshot.

missing, May 5, 2017
  9. missing Win User
    Also, I ran a Malwarebytes Custom Scan, with every option ticked using the Free Pro Version Trial you get with it. Found nothing in any of the scans (including rootkit one). I'll get an antivirus on my virtual machines. In case I was RATted, I disabled my camera and mic in device manager, and I also covered my camera with a peice of cardboard held on by some masking tape. I also rescanned with avast and no issues were found. I think I'm good.

Does anyone know what the virus from HURR-DURR does to one's computer? Is it built to trash the PC, collect information or just a small exploit to mess with you until you restart the comupter?

Thanks
    -

UPDATE: RougeKiller found some registry keys..
    (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters|DhcpNameServer

(X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{d3ef6ce5-3a44-
    4160-ad3c-d5abbc988bdf}|DhcpNameServer

(X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3002187930-671386894-702731269-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_TrackProgs

(X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3002187930-671386894-702731269-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_TrackProgs

I wonder what these mean... Does anyone know? I'm still only half way through the scan.

missing, May 5, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    The hurrdurr site has 4 hits on virustotal as malicious
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/e2...is/1494095498/

It uses a javascript exploit to move the browser window around and cause constant popups. As far as I can tell that's all it does. But who knows if it's been modified to do more?

Hard to say what those keys are doing, but DHCP refers to your internet connection and the others refer to Windows Explorer and Start_TrackProgs? who knows. Doesn't look good to me.

Will you be posting the logs of the recommended scans for us to have a look at?

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP: Is my network infected? - Similar Threads - HELP network infected

2. Need help with a infected laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help with a infected laptop.: Few months back my computer got hijacked and I couldn't go into safe mode or boot at all and my mouse was being controlled so I powered of my machine I was freaking out so I didn't do anything for the past months now I factory reseted my laptop and everything was good until I...
  3. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  4. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  5. Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.

Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.: Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.Hello Community Members.I need a big help from you guys. Some how my Laptop HP 850G1 got infected with a trojan virus. now I can't remove it. All my files are got infected. Every file become .tisc . Now I really need help to...
  6. Help my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help my network: How can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-network/634cbcca-198f-4b63-9e6f-d4613a7aed67
  7. Help with Virus Infection

Help with Virus Infection: What in the registry needs to be changed after infection with"LogiCampNotifier"? [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/help-with-virus-infection/6ef0d3c9-21e9-4632-bccc-1b7015adf1e0
  8. Help cleaning infected PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help cleaning infected PC: Hi I have a used PC running Windows 10 there is a chromium app that I am unable to uninstall from the control panel as well as other pop ups... there is AVG antivirus installed on it but I don't have the money to subscribe to it to actually use it... any free software's I can...
  9. Possible Network/Device Infection

Possible Network/Device Infection: Hi, recently i noticed a command prompt window (terminal shell script) running a script on startup occasionally. After noticing this occurrence multiple times on multiple devices, i decided to reformat my machine. After reformatting my machine, the same instance happened one...
  10. Please help me HRM.file infected on my pc

Please help me HRM.file infected on my pc: Hi Guys, I don't know what to do, just found out on my desktop a new icon when i was clicking on it it says that i got randsomware, when i was looking on my drives some files where encrypted even my USB. Please tell me what to do are there any free software that i can use?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network infected windows 10