Windows 10: help! keyboard doesn't work

Discus and support help! keyboard doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) using on screen keyboard. worked fine until after lunch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Sep 4, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

help! keyboard doesn't work

HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540)

using on screen keyboard. worked fine until after lunch [about 5 hours ago]. changed batteries; no luck. disabled all startup progs and cold booted. boot menu offers run cmd prompt and tried it. cmd accepted keyboard. rebooted again [without startups]. still no kb. dev mgr says driver ok.

[earlier today the dvd drive was unrecognized but i found a registry fix that worked.]

edit: started in safe mode: no luck. tried system restore. it stalled and never restarted. will try another restore point. tomorrow [tuesday] i'll try out a system recovery usb that i made recently.

:)

tcebob, Sep 4, 2017
  2. Timm164 Win User

Keyboard doesn't work

At the rate i was going id never figure it out. So i just dropped it off at a repair place.

Timm164, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Keyboard doesn't work

We appreciate your response.

We'll include to open "on screen keyboard" if we encounter the same issue.

Your comment is highly appreciated and it will serve as a good resolution for the community users who may face the same concern.

Kindest.

Raymond Ave, Sep 4, 2017
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    ICIT2LOL, thank you for your comments. I am happily typing away with my old keyboard after running system restore from the boot menu. Just why this post is typing in green is a mystery. Oh, Text Color on the menu. Don't know what happened to the system but I am glad I don't have to totally reinstall it. orare pro me.

Oh, yes, I got into safe mode but still couldn't use the keyboard.

tcebob, Sep 4, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Try the following steps for the on screen keyboard malfunction:
    1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) net user test /add
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) shutdown /r
    7) when the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test
    8) check the performance of the on screen keyboard and report results into the thread

zbook, Sep 4, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    zbook, thanks for your input. It wasn't the on-screen keyboard that failed, it was the manual one. Sorry for being unclear about that. I was using the on-screen keyboard to type the original post. I will mark this as solved.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. help! keyboard doesn't work - Similar Threads - help keyboard doesn't

2. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.: Hello! My friend extract the zip to his desktop and got black screen, he restart it and tried to do something with it but the keyboard and mouse stopped working. Can someone help me?...
  3. Keyboard doesn't work for search

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard doesn't work for search: I noticed a while back that my keyboard didn't work on the search bottom left of screen. Then looking into it more didn't work on the file search either, but the keyboard does work in Word/Excel. I tried a number of fixes from online and found this. I copy/paste this command...
  4. Help, my keyboard doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help, my keyboard doesn't work!: The keyboard on my touchscreen windows 10 laptop doesn't respond at all! I've tried updating and restarting it, but nothing worked. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-keyboard-doesnt-work/dd7de31e-8940-4e69-b359-7714614f9cee
  5. Keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard doesn't work: Computer HP laptop updated 1/15/2021. I found right away that the keyboard no longer worked. Mouse is fine. As I cannot get past the log-in password without a keyboard, how do I get into my computer?...
  6. Keyboard doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard doesn't work.: So two days ago i was playing with some friends and out of nowhere my keyboard wasn't working. The RBG's in it were still glowing, but not a single button worked. Since then my keyboard is still not working. I tried every USB port, also tried using my mouse USB port (my mouse...
  7. keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard doesn't work: Hello, i booted and run windows on my mac on an extern SSD, but my keyboard doesn't work. Only the on/off button works and not even the touch bar and track pad. How can i "activate" my full keyboard? Thanks for every help. submitted by /u/pure-toxic [link] [comments]...
  8. Keyboard doesn't work

Keyboard doesn't work: My keyboard just stopped working.How can I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-doesnt-work/78cc4473-ac97-4d35-a6bc-a44b3cc750f0
  9. Keyboard doesn't work at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard doesn't work at login: I discovered this problem shortly after building my PC a few months ago. When I go to type my pin into the Windows 10 login screen, my keyboard doesn't work. I figured out I can get it to work by clicking the ease of access button first, then going back and typing my pin. I'm...
  10. Win10 keyboard doesn't work after unplugging it..HELP

Win10 keyboard doesn't work after unplugging it..HELP: hey, my usb keyboard doesn't work anymore after unplugging it. ive restored my pc, installed new windows, deleted ''old'' drivers and installed new. nothing. ive tried device troubleshooting from 'run'. ive tried every usb-slot too. HELP. 145617