Windows 10: HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps

Discus and support HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have pc with GE port n using cat5e cable but when im conected to modem huawei HG8245 its only detect 100mbps when im try manual set to 1.0gbps lan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thendrata, Oct 17, 2015.

1. thendrata Win User

HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps

i have pc with GE port n using cat5e cable but when im conected to modem huawei HG8245 its only detect 100mbps
    when im try manual set to 1.0gbps lan network say unplug...can some help me to solve this problem

:)

thendrata, Oct 17, 2015
  2. SVI1 Win User

computer running windows 10 cannot connect to internet via gigabit switch

After trying to expand the only gigabit port of my technicolor modem router by using the d-link switch failed i then grab the d-link dsl-2770l gigabit modem router to make use of all the gigabit ports provided by the modem instead and of coure the asus still
    failed to recognise the ethernet connection (error: cable in unplugged).

So strange both modem router is gigabit (well the D-link ethernet ports are all gigabit whereas only Technicolor only has 1 Gigabit port (GbE) but that is the port I have been connecting the K52F to) but only the one on techincolor modem worked with my
    laptop NIC

After many searches on google some one suggest changing the speed & duplex of the adapter so i give that ago and this what i found:

When the Asus reconnect to the Technicolor modem via the gigaport (GbE) on the modem, on the Laptop I went to: Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network connections, Local Area Connection (the ethernet card), change settings of this connection, Configure,
    ADVANCED, Speed & Duplex, and changed from:

AUTO NEGOTIATION to: 10Mbps/Full Duplex - WORKED ! and then

100Mbps/Full Duplex - WORKED ! then

1 Gbps/ Full Duplex - WORKED

I then went to: Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network connection, Status, speed is 1Gbps, went to Task manager, Performance, Ethernet the throughput shown is 100 Kbps.

When connect to the new d-link gigabit modem router, changed from:

AUTO NEGOTIATION to: 10Mbps/Full Duplex - WORKED ! and then

100Mbps/Full Duplex - WORKED ! then 1 Gbps/ Full Duplex - nothing, and back to

Auto Negotiation - NO CONNECTION

1 Gbps/ Full Duplex - NO CONNECTION

Back to 100Mbps/Full Duplex, I then went to: Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network connection, Status, speed is 100Mbps, went to Task manager, Performance, Ethernet the throughput shown is also 100 Kbps.

Both speed 100Mbps and 1Gbps give the same through put, 100Kbps so that 100Kbps through put is my internet connection and not data transferring speed between computers on the next work hence no differ whether adapter speed is set at 1Gbps/100Mbps/10Mbps?????

The latest driver available for this adapter is dated back to 2012 so perhaps the driver is so old that it isn't compatible with more update gigabit provided by more modern hardware like one use in the D-Link, worked for the Technicolor because it
    uses older hardware?

I assume the K52F is not compatible with gigabit modem router/switch so data transfer between all computers on my network will never be able to connect to the K52F at gigabit speed, 100Mbps max HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps :(

3. Windows 10 task manager network utilization issue

I recently upgraded my router from 100Mbps to 1Gbps and I noticed that task manager still thinks my connection is 100Mpbs though the value that it displays exceeds it. Router is a TP-Link Archer C2 and network card is Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 Gigabit running
    the latest driver I could find, 2.1.0.21 (16/7/2013). Does task manager only detect up to 100Mbps or is there something else wrong on my part?

HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps [​IMG]

Iulian Luca, Oct 17, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

So does the ethernet go direct from your PC to the router?

swarfega, Oct 17, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    Have you gone into the settings of the Gateway to make sure that it is set to allow Automatic of the speed of the adapter it is connecting to? If you are connecting directly to the Gateway and have your adapter set to automatically set itself to the speed of the adapter of the device you are connecting to, it should go to 1000 mb/s.

bro67, Oct 17, 2015
  6. thendrata Win User
    yes it dircect conect use cat5e...i dont why it always 100mbps im try use 2 cable cat5e but still same

thendrata, Oct 17, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Are the ethernet ports on the router rated for gigabit connections?

@bro67: It doesn't matter whether the speed is automatic or set to 1 gigabit, if the conditions are correct it should change automatically to gigabit.

swarfega, Oct 17, 2015
  8. thendrata Win User

im think it support to gigabit
    Port: 2POTS+4GE+1USB+WiFi.
    im already try 4 port still unplug if im set manual 1.0gbps but if im set auto it detect but only 100mbps

or im missing something???

thendrata, Oct 17, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    I would check the router's manual. Also the ehternet connection on the PC would need to support gigabit so check that.

I would also recommend cat 6a cables for that extra reliabilty. I can recommend Duronic Cat 6a cables.

Essentially everything between the pc connector and the router connectors need to support gigabit.

swarfega, Oct 17, 2015
  10. thendrata Win User
    i will try to buy cat 6a tommorow
    thx for answer me

btw for ethernet pc im think it support to gigabit like picture Intel(R) 82578DC gigabit Network

thendrata, Oct 17, 2015
  11. sml156 Win User
    The huawei HG8245 is capable of 1 Gbps connections the manual states that it is autosense 10/100/1000 Mbps .

My guess would be a faulty or damaged lan cable the same thing happened to me but it was connecting at 10 Mbps, I replaced it with another cat5E and the connection went to 1 Gbps

sml156, Oct 17, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    The connectors on the end of the cable also make a difference. Everything has to be higher grade stuff to get a 1 Gbps connection. I use solid copper cat 6 wire and three piece cat 6 connectors:

I was surprised, not even just a 6' patch cable made with cheap stuff will do 1 Gbps.

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

All my cables are cat6 on everything I have connected to my router, modem, and computers. I have no problem with 1gbps connections and speed. Changed all my cables long time ago to cat6 Cost a little more, but well worth the money.
    Think the guys on here are 100% right about maybe its your cables. Just my 2cents on this. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 17, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    I use Cat-5e jumpers and wiring in my house. No issues with it. I do keep a loopback tester that if a cable may show issues, I use it to see if I have a bad one or not.

I have gotten bad cables out of the packaging. I order all of my jumpers through monoprice.com and never have any issues. Wiring I pick up 100' packages at either Menard's or Lowe's and never have had any issues at all with it.

Unless you plan on watching 4K/UHD on a server in your home. You will not see any difference between Cat-5e or Cat-6 for regular web browsing or network.

bro67, Oct 18, 2015
  15. thendrata Win User
    im already buy 5m cat6 2 pcs but still same stuck at 100mbps
    -_-
    im using win 10 pro 64bit

thendrata, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

1. HELP!!! Lan gigabit alwasy detect 100mbps - Similar Threads - HELP Lan gigabit

2. Windows 10 downspeed gigabit internet to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 downspeed gigabit internet to 100mbps: I'm using windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1586, and have been running into some problems with the network. Im currently having gigabit internet, but windows 10 just put my linkspeed at 100mbps by force. Sometimes when I start the PC, the linkspeed is 1000mbps, but after some...
  3. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet: I recently switched to gigabit internet and for some reason on this dektop built myself I am not able to get more than 100 mbps on ethernet or wi-fi. This is only happening with my PC because I have tried it with every other device in the house. The Ethernet cable is fine...
  4. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet: I recently switched to gigabit internet and for some reason on this dektop built myself I am not able to get more than 100 mbps on ethernet or wi-fi. This is only happening with my PC because I have tried it with every other device in the house. The Ethernet cable is fine...
  5. Internet speed on Wi-fi and Ethernet do not exceed 100mbps with Gigabit internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Help with LAN

Help with LAN: Hello, I upgraded my pc yesterday with a new motherboard and cpu but now the LAN doesnt work anymore. It says the LAN Driver isnt installed. (sorry for bad english) I already installed the new LAN Drivers from the Mainboard page with an usb stick but when the installation...
  7. Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status

Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status: I'm using 3600+B450 tomahawk max mobo with CAT6 LAN cable plugged in. I'm using Win10 1909 18363.815 All the while it has been 1Gbps until few days ago it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting by its own. And when reconnects it shows 100mbps. Cable should be working fine as...
  8. Gigabit connection limited to 100mbps

Gigabit connection limited to 100mbps: Hello everyone. I have a gigabit connection, but using the ethernet I can reach only 100mbps. Yes, my router supports gigabit connection. Using the 5ghz Wi-Fi I can reach up to 600mbps. My network adapter is the "Realtek pcie gbe family controller". Gbe means it support...
  9. Gigabit lan not going past 140mbs outside sandbox vm

Gigabit lan not going past 140mbs outside sandbox vm: sorry for the bad English. I have a gigabit connection (940mb day1 700mb tested with my laptop port today) my motherboard is an MSI z170 gaming m5, the LAN port is e2400 Atheros killer, the cable is cat6, the switch is gigabit and it always worked. For a bit, I found the...
  10. Gigabit LAN to USB adapter

Gigabit LAN to USB adapter: Hi, I am looking to buy a Gigabit LAN to USB adapter and I have seen that all of them are USB3.0, but my PC has only USB 2.0. The question is, due the USB 2.0 limitation, the adapter will work only as 10/100Mbps LAN, 1GBps is not possible on USB 2.0. It that right? 67152