Windows 10: [Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic

Discus and support [Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help me as I'm running out of ideas here. My microphone was working perfectly until yesterday when windows update popup appeared. I let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by binks, Jul 12, 2018.

1. binks Win User

[Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic

Please help me as I'm running out of ideas here.
    My microphone was working perfectly until yesterday when windows update popup appeared. I let it update and from that moment my mic is dead.
    I knowthat it's working cause when I tried to set it up I when I've checked "listen to this device" in properties, I could hear myself. Mic is being detected when I plug it in or out, but none can hear me and even when I tried to run "set up microphone" in control panel it told me that hardware is not working properly and wizard can start.
    Windows version is 1803
    There are no yellow exclamation marks in device manager.
    I haven't changed anything in my system. The only change was this yesterday's update.

:)

binks, Jul 12, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 12, 2018
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jul 12, 2018
  4. [Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

[Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic

1. [Help]Last W10 update disabled my mic - Similar Threads - Help Last W10

2. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update: Hello. I hope I can get some help with this; I'm at my wits' end. Sorry for the wall of text but I do not want to explain myself more than once. I must first say that only my personal laptop has been affected by this. My work laptop, tablet and phone all connect to wifi just...
  3. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update: Hello. I hope I can get some help with this; I'm at my wits' end. Sorry for the wall of text but I do not want to explain myself more than once. I must first say that only my personal laptop has been affected by this. My work laptop, tablet and phone all connect to wifi just...
  4. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. miracast disabled by W10 update KB5009543

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast disabled by W10 update KB5009543: I have determined that the "Project" Windows 10 feature using miracast is being disabled by the update KB5009543. If I uninstall this update, everything is fine. There is no way I have found to prevent this update from automatically reinstalling the next time Windows does a...
  6. miracast disabled by W10 update KB5009543

miracast disabled by W10 update KB5009543: I have determined that the "Project" Windows 10 feature using miracast is being disabled by the update KB5009543. If I uninstall this update, everything is fine. There is no way I have found to prevent this update from automatically reinstalling the next time Windows does a...
  7. W10 Last update broke voice dictation

W10 Last update broke voice dictation: I extensively used for work voice dictation in italian, now it seems that Italian is no more supported why?The toggle can be enabled, but error message appear. Pressing "OK" the toggle stays enabled but dictation do not work....
  8. W10 Last update broke voice dictation

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Last update broke voice dictation: I extensively used for work voice dictation in italian, now it seems that Italian is no more supported why?The toggle can be enabled, but error message appear. Pressing "OK" the toggle stays enabled but dictation do not work....
  9. W10 Last update broke voice dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Lost home network connections with last W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost home network connections with last W10 update: We have two computers in a home network connected by cable to the same router. A printer is connected by USB to one of the computers. Before the last W10 update in February, the other computer could print to this printer as long as the first computer was turned on. This...