Windows 10: Help? Live chat is not helping.

Discus and support Help? Live chat is not helping. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On the windows April update I believe, my monitor was locked on 60Hz(Asus ROG PG279Q) Its a monitor that can use turbo button to change 60-120-144 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FlyOnBed, Aug 25, 2018.

1. FlyOnBed Win User

Help? Live chat is not helping.

On the windows April update I believe, my monitor was locked on 60Hz(Asus ROG PG279Q)

Its a monitor that can use turbo button to change 60-120-144 and overclockable to 165

after that win10 update, the fresh rate was locked, but it got fixed by microsoft around 4 days and I can change my refresh rate again.

After the update of Auguest build 17134, now is NY time 8/25/12:48 I am writting

my monitor is still locked.

I went to microsoft support 4 times,

first time, I was saying about this problem and want them to fix it, I did not let them access my computer

by the way, people thinking that my driver or any compatibility is outdated, its a EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, newest driver.

other spec I don't think its a problem.

after the first talk, I recovered my PC to the previous version where I can change my refresh rate.

after 2 days, it auto-update to 17134(don't tell me microsoft can stop the update permantely, then whats the point of me getting a Win10 Pro, why don't I go to China store get a 10 Chinese Yuan Win10 that never update, ofc I know it is not "legal" but is microsoft really going to solve a default setting problem by stop updating a system?

After it auto update, I began searching for post that for the same problem

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...fullscreen-optimizations-in-windows-10.14287/

a website I have went and really helped me,

but first, why is fullscreen optimization(The Main Problem) setting is gone, why we cannot change it anymore after 17134, a setting that customer cannot choose to turn on/off?

the Game .exe compatibility setting helped me, for a bit of time.

I mainly play Rainbow 6 and PUBG with my friend.

Before PUBG was update the uncapp FPS, it work on 144 Hz(I still cannot use my turbo button to change my refresh rate, but its still 144Hz, using that)

and R6 works as well

After the PUBG update, there is a PUBG Compatibility DAT FILE that I don't think is there before?

that even though I disable the fullscreen optimization file in the .exe application

it still lock on 60Hz

But Rainbow 6 still work(the 144 Hz in my thought is because there is a setting of graphic of refresh rate(it also detect my monitor) so I set it on 144, therefore it lock at 144)(not sure, just thinking)

But PUBG is lock on 60Hz and that is what making me upset

the last 3 time is today, starting around 11:30PM on 8/24 and now is 8/25 12:57AM

Just finished the last one.

I gave the access of my PC because I want to solve the problem today

The first one, very simple

I just got connect called"some some secure?" and reboot my PC, restart and disconnect nothing solved.

The second time is fair enough

went to every step that I have told him/her I tried, and circle a setting called"disable fullscreen optimization" in a .exe application of google chrome.

(this time, finally a case number that was given)

after that, he/she go to a command and open some service and "hide all microsoft product(service?) and disable all, and restart.(according to the third help, it is a clean boot of pc, really clean, clean enough that I need to reenter my steam account)

After that, it restart disconnect again.

the third time, this is why I am not going back and came here registered an account and talk want help.

I showed step by step what I have done and what other agent have done,

After all he done, he said that after build 17134, microsoft cannot change default setting, so that means it forever on?

I can see clearly he tried to help me, but why microsoft have the setting to turn it off before 17134 I don't get that, a dafault setting that customer cannot choose to turn it on or not?

he said I can recover and not auto update it permantly, again as I said on beginning, 10 Chinese Yuan, like not even 2 dollar. Then after we chat and he fail to solve the problem. HE, He end the session of access my pc and left chat, I didn't even have time continue talking, seriously? he just close the chat window himself.

I was really planning to recover and never update it because 60Hz is a nightmare on FPS game when people get use to 144.

He just quit without a word?

seriously?

can anyone help with the fullscreen optimiza setting or having the same problem?

I am bad at english but I believe I made myself clear enough...

Hope if someone can help my post

I am so tired of the support

by the way, they restart my computer without even talked to me(I said to the third help that if he want to restart, tell me first) not the previous 2.

I am so upset.

Now,

8/25/2018 4:54PM

Going to recover to the previous version until I can have a solution

Recovering right now, and I was want to ask for a chat history and they said they are not authorize to save a chat history, seems like I cannot even have a history of how the previous 3 agent helped me. (Maybe I am wrong about this that it is about privacy of customers) but Riot Games auto send the chat history into my email after I Live chat. I know it is different company, but I don’t get why they cannot send the chat history to their own customer instead we need to save it while we chatting.

Now, I am on Build 16299

refresh rate monitor is working perfectly

can be change 60-120-144 and overclockable

:)

FlyOnBed, Aug 25, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 25, 2018
  3. mlee49 Win User
    mlee49, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Help? Live chat is not helping.

live chat any one.

I thought about making a live chat app, but like Erocker said "lack of interest". Plus solving problems thru a IM tool doesn't help anyone searching for answers... cause basically that's why were all here

CrackerJack, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Help? Live chat is not helping.

1. Help? Live chat is not helping. - Similar Threads - Help Live chat

2. does live chat ever help anyone,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does live chat ever help anyone,: I spent almost 2 hours on chat and the only thing that was accomplished was me explaining my issue multiple times and the only answer I was given was it is a hardware issue. I asked for my case to be escalated and was told that they are just going to say the same thing. I...
  3. does live chat ever help anyone,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does live chat ever help anyone,: I spent almost 2 hours on chat and the only thing that was accomplished was me explaining my issue multiple times and the only answer I was given was it is a hardware issue. I asked for my case to be escalated and was told that they are just going to say the same thing. I...
  4. live chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live chat: My computer is throwing an error this happened after your tech worked on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/6f24b040-584b-4aea-a1ad-7edf50b8b626
  5. chat help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    chat help: I was given a chat link to return to tech chat I was getting, the link was supposed to get me back to chat with no queue, but now the link won't work and I'm back to waiting at least 5 hours for help. Please help...
  6. chat help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chat help: I was given a chat link to return to tech chat I was getting, the link was supposed to get me back to chat with no queue, but now the link won't work and I'm back to waiting at least 5 hours for help. Please help...
  7. chat help

8. What is the Chat help.... I need help from a live person?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Chat help.... I need help from a live person?: I have been looking for help from Microsoft Tech. How can you get a hold of someone at Microsoft. The phones I found are no good. and I don't need directions I need help....
  9. What is the Chat help.... I need help from a live person?

What is the Chat help.... I need help from a live person?: I have been looking for help from Microsoft Tech. How can you get a hold of someone at Microsoft. The phones I found are no good. and I don't need directions I need help....
  10. What is the Chat help.... I need help from a live person?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware