Windows 10: Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

Discus and support Help! Local Drive changed from C to F in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone assist me to change a Local drive to C from F? Basically I had trouble with my PC and it kept crashing. Microsoft helped to reset Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by colonelmustard9, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

Can anyone assist me to change a Local drive to C from F? Basically I had trouble with my PC and it kept crashing. Microsoft helped to reset Windows 10 but the Drivers are not the same as they were before. Before they were: C (Local), D, E, F.

But now they are: F (Local), E, G

This also causes an issue with a particular file: PowerDirector 15 file that won't load up my project and is saying that the files are missing. Originally the files were saved under C Drive (Local)

I appreciate if anyone can help me.

Many thanks.

:)

colonelmustard9, Oct 21, 2016

2. I Accidentally made "My Documents" as Default Folder in Local C, My Hard Drive Local Drive F

I ACCIDENTALLY made "My DOCUMENTS" default Folder in local C, MY hard drive local Drive F

It's a new computer, and first time using Windows 10. I wanted to move the folders in HP user in local c to local f. Which lead to this catastrophe, It looks like this now (picture from the Internet)

http://puu.sh/gCJqE/14682fa90b.png

i tried relocating to default location from properties but it doesn't work.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

maryse_2017, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Geoffc1 Win User
    Groove (version 3.6.1210.0) Keeps Losing My Album Collection!

Nope - same thing; it completed adding all my albums, and then less than a minute later, everything disappeared again, apart from two test albums I have in my local Music folder at F:\Users\Geoff\Music (I store my local data on my F: drive; it's bigger
    than the C: drive).

Geoffc1, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

A re-install is going to be your best bet. You can't re-assign the drive letter on a boot volume while it is in use. You would need to boot into a recovery disk or partition to do that. Once in the recovery media you would type
    • diskpart
    • list disk (to get available disks)
    • select disk #
    • list vol (to get currently available volumes)
    • select vol # (for the volume you want to change)
    • assign letter=C

The problem with this is you could potentially screw up the whole system if there are any registry paths that are pointing to F:\... for critical files as well as the BCD store may also point to F:\.....

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
Thema:

Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

1. Help! Local Drive changed from C to F - Similar Threads - Help Local Drive

2. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  3. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  4. How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\: I need someone to tell me how to change or setup the path of Downloads in my desktop. One of my son did the change way back more likely two or three years ago because the solid state drive for C:\ is running out of space. So he did setup the path from C:\Downloads to...
  5. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  6. What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:): Is there any way possible for me to switch (C:) to (F:) for downloads. submitted by /u/Thecassandragoth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i91yrh/what_is_the_difference_between_local_disk_c_and/
  7. Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive: So I accidentally selected my SSD that I wanted to have for boot purposes as the Local Disk C and want to change the Local Disk C to a HDD I also have installed. How would I achieve this? Thanks for the help in advance! submitted by /u/KingAlain_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files from scandisk drive F: to Harddrive C:: I got files off the internet that I need to put in my Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-scandisk-drive-f-to-harddrive/5e3a2cf4-23ff-43dd-827b-5b1226677136"
  9. Can i change a drive letter from os c: to f: and it will revert everything to the f:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i change a drive letter from os c: to f: and it will revert everything to the f:: Please someone help me.....it was an accident to begin with and it messed up my access to my portable in the f: altogether https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-a-drive-letter-from-os-c-to-f-and-it/ebe3c083-aed2-4fbc-9c88-b16c023f4dd7"
  10. local disk f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk f: [img] Hi everyone This has just appeared on my computer, and I cannot delete, can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this. Regards 60557