Windows 10: Help me, activation has a problem

Discus and support Help me, activation has a problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can active my laptop, please help me resolve this problem. Thank you. 47128 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mr Bear Win User

Help me, activation has a problem

I can active my laptop, please help me resolve this problem. Thank you.

:)

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016

2. help me to activate!!

what do you mean?

Pringsal Marak, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 12, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

How did you install Windows -- from New or via an upgrade from W7/8/8.1
    If you did an upgrade from W7/8/8.1 enter that serial number.
    You have to be on Windows 10 build 1511 for that to work BTW (current Retail branch).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 12, 2016
  5. Mr Bear Win User
    I upgrade from win 8.0, which serial number to enter friend ?

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Mr Bear Win User
    I did enter my key end with H8Q99, but this is the notice i get

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    What happens when you enter your Win 8 key?

The one you have is the incorrect GVLK - the correct Home generic key is the one ending -8HVX7

Superfly, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Mr Bear Win User

I don't have the Win 8 key now

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016
  9. How did you do the actual upgrade? Online via the Get Windows 10 App, online via Windows update, locally with install media created from the media creation tool? If with local media, did you boot from it or just run setup from your current Windows install? Your windows 8 key should have been auto detected? Was that original Windows 8 install a factory OEM install?

alphanumeric, Apr 12, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    That H8Q99 key was the 10240 generic key. You should run showkeyplus to try and see if you have a bios embedded 8.0/8.1 key, then upgrade to version 10586 if you have not done so, and then you can use the old key to activate it.

cereberus, Apr 12, 2016
  11. Mr Bear Win User
    My Win 8 is a factory OEM install, then I upgraded to Win 10

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016
  12. There are several ways to do the upgrade? Telling us how you did it with more info, may help figure out what went wrong? Your Windows 8 key should have been read automatically, if you used the correct install media. If for example, you had an older version of the Media Creation Tool saved to your PC, and ran that instead of the latest version. You'll end up with an older build. If it's one that won't accept Windows 8 keys, that could explain what's going on.
    If you open the System page, and go to help . about windows, what version of Windows does it report?
    Also what does Settings > Update & security > Activation show for status?

alphanumeric, Apr 12, 2016
  13. Mr Bear Win User

One day I saw the Upgrade Notice on the right corner and then I click to upgrade. Now my laptop is running Win 10 but can not activate.

The status in the place you said (Settings>Update & Security>Activation) is the pic of my first post.

Mr Bear, Apr 12, 2016
  14. Run showkey, https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html to get your Windows 8 key. Then do a Change Product Key on the system page and type it in. Report back what happens? If it won't activate with your 8 key, click on the product codes show by showkey, this will blank them out so only the last 5 characters show. Then please post a screen shot of showkey.

alphanumeric, Apr 13, 2016
  15. I think I would try doing a phone activation, then if that fails, talk to a real person and see if they can sort it out. I should know this, but I think OEM: DM is Core Single language? If true Home Single language should have been installed instead of 10 Home. Maybe that's why it won't activate? Microsoft tech support should be able to sort it out.

alphanumeric, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Help me, activation has a problem - Similar Threads - Help activation has

2. Please help me with this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me with this problem: your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information...
  3. Please help me with this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me with this problem: your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information...
  4. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  5. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  6. help me to fix this problem

in Cortana
    help me to fix this problem: i am the only member unable to access chat in a meeting what should i do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-fix-this-problem/595221fe-6398-4b25-9187-b817749a9002
  7. Help me to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help me to activate Windows: I’ve downloaded Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store but don’t know how to activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-activate-windows/ad7d2293-302f-4451-ad52-cfd52338bd90"
  8. Please help me. My touch pad has a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me. My touch pad has a problem: I own a windows10 software (installed into a laptop) and suddenly i found that my touch pad has a problem. Whenever i hold on a button on my keyboard, the touchpad stops working until i stop holding on the button (for example : when i hold the button "w" to move my character...
  9. help me solve a problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help me solve a problem: why does my pc very slow in opening bluestark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-solve-a-problem/194a1f66-2ea1-47df-a59c-c21273d7991a
  10. Help me fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix this problem: I downloaded different first shooter games on steam and now when I play I cant look and shoot when I am moving sometimes it works but rarely. I think its a problem with my touchpad if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please help I cant play any games with guns it...