Windows 10: HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES

Discus and support HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, my pc turns on fine and i can watch Youtube and all that stuff but into 2-3 min in a game like Far Cry 5 my screen's (2) goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FocalPlains2682, Aug 19, 2018.

1. HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES

Hey guys, my pc turns on fine and i can watch Youtube and all that stuff but into 2-3 min in a game like Far Cry 5 my screen's (2) goes black My specs are 12gb ram , motherboard asus z97m plus, i5 4690k cpu, R9 280X radeon Video card My PSU is Cooler Master 600W it happened last night after i updated to latest driver 18.8.1 i rolled back and now i am with 18.6.1 and its the same ... I am with windows 10 i played like 3-4 hours and it happened ITS ONLY HAPPENING WHEN I PLAY GAMES !

Any help would be appreciated thanks. I am desperate HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES :(

:)

FocalPlains2682, Aug 19, 2018

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2018
  4. HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES

1. HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES - Similar Threads - HELP PROBLEM SCREEN

2. PC turning off when I play games and watch something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turning off when I play games and watch something: Hey! So when I play any game and watch anything youtube, netflix ect my pc will freeze, two screens turn off, but the sound stays for a short time then needs to be reset. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176This comes up before it...
  3. PC turning off when I play games and watch something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turning off when I play games and watch something: Hey! So when I play any game and watch anything youtube, netflix ect my pc will freeze, two screens turn off, but the sound stays for a short time then needs to be reset. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176This comes up before it...
  4. PC get turn off when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  5. PC get turn off when playing certain games

PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC: I just got this laptop around March of 2022, a few months in it started to blue screen anytime I was playing a really intensive game. Games that are 2D or require very little to run haven't ever crashed my laptop, it's mainly ones that are 3D AAA games with really high...
  7. Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC

Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC: I just got this laptop around March of 2022, a few months in it started to blue screen anytime I was playing a really intensive game. Games that are 2D or require very little to run haven't ever crashed my laptop, it's mainly ones that are 3D AAA games with really high...
  8. Need help with Sound when pc turns off the screen

Need help with Sound when pc turns off the screen: I listen to music on Spotify. When my computer turns off the screen, the music starts playing really loudly through the computer speakers. how can I stop this from happening without putting the computer on sleep mode?...
  9. Need help with Sound when pc turns off the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Sound when pc turns off the screen: I listen to music on Spotify. When my computer turns off the screen, the music starts playing really loudly through the computer speakers. how can I stop this from happening without putting the computer on sleep mode?...
  10. Need help with Sound when pc turns off the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming