Windows 10: Help me please with Norton Ghost 15

Discus and support Help me please with Norton Ghost 15 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi everyone itstohru. I need help, a person told me to try this ------------------>Disabling Secure Boot 3 minutes to readIng this articleDisable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tohru1529, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Tohru1529 Win User

Help me please with Norton Ghost 15

Hi everyone itstohru. I need help, a person told me to try this ------------------>Disabling Secure Boot 3 minutes to readIng this articleDisable Secure Boot Re-enable Secure BootRelated topicsYou may need to disable Secure Boot to run some PC graphics cards, hardware, or operating systems such as Linux or previous version of Windows.Secure Boot helps to make sure that your PC boots using only firmware that is trusted by the manufacturer. You can disable Secure Boot through the PC’s firmware (BIOS) menus, but the way you disable it varies by PC manufacturer. If you are having trouble disabling Secure Boot after following the steps below, contact your manufacturer for help.For logo-certified Windows RT 8.1 and Windows RT PCs, Secure Boot is required to be configured so that it cannot be disabled.WarningAfter disabling Secure Boot and installing other software and hardware, it may be difficult to re-activate Secure Boot without restoring your PC to the factory state.Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS menu is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your PC from starting correctly. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.Disable Secure BootBefore disabling Secure Boot, consider whether it is necessary. From time to time, your manufacturer may update the list of trusted hardware, drivers, and operating systems for your PC. To check for updates, go to Windows Update, or check your manufacturer's website.Open the PC BIOS menu. You can often access this menu by pressing a key during the bootup sequence, such as F1, F2, F12, or Esc.Or, from Windows, hold the Shift key while selecting Restart. Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options: UEFI Firmware Settings.Find the Secure Boot setting, and if possible, set it to Disabled. This option is usually in either the Security tab, the Boot tab, or the Authentication tab.Save changes and exit. The PC reboots.Install the graphics card, hardware, or operating system that’s not compatible with Secure Boot.In some cases, you may need to change other settings in the firmware, such as enabling a Compatibility Support Module (CSM) to support legacy BIOS operating systems. To use a CSM, you may also need to reformat the hard drive using the Master Boot Record (MBR) format, and then reinstall Windows. For more info, see Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style.If you’re using Windows 8.1, you may see a watermark on the desktop alerting you that Secure Boot is not configured correctly. Get this update to remove the Secure Boot desktop watermark.Re-enable Secure BootUninstall any graphics cards, hardware, or operating systems that aren’t compatible with Secure Boot.Open the PC BIOS menu. You can often access this menu by pressing a key during the bootup sequence, such as F1, F2, F12, or Esc.Or, from Windows: go to Settings charm > Change PC settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery > Advanced Startup: Restart now. When the PC reboots, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options: UEFI Firmware Settings.Find the Secure Boot setting, and if possible, set it to Enabled. This option is usually in either the Security tab, the Boot tab, or the Authentication tab.On some PCs, select Custom, and then load the Secure Boot keys that are built into the PC.If the PC does not allow you to enable Secure Boot, try resetting the BIOS back to the factory settings.Save changes and exit. The PC reboots.If the PC is not able to boot after enabling Secure Boot, go back into the BIOS menus, disable Secure Boot, and try to boot the PC again.In some cases, you may need to refresh or reset your PC to its original state before you can turn on Secure Boot. For more info, see How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC.If the above steps don’t work, and you still want to use the Secure Boot feature, contact your manufacturer for help.For additional troubleshooting steps for PC manufacturers: see Secure Boot isn't configured correctly: Determine if the PC is in a manufacturing mode (info for manufacturers).
    Its for Nornton Ghost it did not work I got a blue screen with letters and numbers I will show it to you.

Help me please with Norton Ghost 15 [​IMG]

Please help me, I want to have my Norton Ghost fix for windows 10.
    In order for me to restore my back up, I have to be able to boot to a boot disk. We try it and laptop my will not let us do it.

:)

Tohru1529, Jan 25, 2018
  2. marks1964 Win User

Norton Ghost 15 Requests Product Code

Hi,

I also used Norton Ghost 15 in the past.

Norton Ghost 15 does NOT work with Windows 10 nor does it work with Windows 8 / 8.1.

The team that built and updated it was disbanded in 2011 and therefore there are no more updates.

It is not usable and therefore you need to find another backup program just as I did or go back to Windows

7 instead.

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Norton Ghost 15 Requests Product Code

Seem the upgrade from Windows 7 made my registered Norton Ghost 15 unregistered. Upon re-entering my valid code that had been working for years claims invalid. Tried to re-install Norton Ghost and it stops after 2 hours of installing. Is there any fix
    for this?

RichardEmiley, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Are you trying to boot to restore an image or create one? There were queries about Ghost not being compatablewith windows 10

Samuria, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Tohru1529 Win User
    Yes I am trying restore an image from Norton Ghost that is back up. People say Norton Ghost is Compatible with 10 you would have to do this --------> Norton Ghost install for Windows 10 I was reading THIS POST on Symantec Connect and user cjm found a solution to activate SSR 2013 in Windows 10. I just made a couple of adjustments and tried Ghost 15 in Windows 8.1. It worked! I edited his instructions for Ghost 15. This is at your own risk. Ghost is outdated and I personally would not feel comfortable using a backup software that is not designed for the OS you are backing up!1. Open the services control panel (View local services control panel)2. Find "Symantec System Recovery" "Norton Ghost" and open the properties3. Change startup type to Disabled and click apply4. Click Stop5. Open a windows explorer and navigate to the install directory (for me it was C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent "C:\Program Files (x86) \Norton Ghost\Agent")6. Right click on VProSvc.exe and select properties7. Change to the Compatibility tab8. Click "Change settings for all users"9. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"10. Change the compatibility mode drop down to "Windows 8 Windows7"11. Click OK12. Click OK again to close the properties13. Go back to Services and open "Symantec System Recovery" "Norton Ghost" properties again14. Change startup type back to Automatic and click apply15. Click Start16. Close the service properties

Tohru1529, Jan 25, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You are ignoring the warning from the author of that thread...

How to activate Ghost 15 in Windows 8(.1) and probably Windows 10... | Norton Community

..and ignoring this announcement.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/...rProfile_en_us

7. Tohru1529 Win User
    How do you boot to a boot disk?

Tohru1529, Jan 25, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Ghost is no longer supported, and did not support UEFI PCs properly.

Ditch it and move to Macrium Reflect Free.

cereberus, Jan 25, 2018
  9. RolandJS Win User
    I think you're asking how to boot a boot USB or DVD device? Desktop or laptop, one has to enter UEFI or BIOS and establish a boot order roughly: USB 1st, DVD 2nd, internal hard-drive 3rd. Some computers will require the user to not have a NON-boot in a USB port while booting via the internal hard-drive.

RolandJS, Jan 26, 2018
  10. Tohru1529 Win User
    DVD device, I am using a laptop. My laptop has a BIOS and UEFI.

Tohru1529, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help me please with Norton Ghost 15 - Similar Threads - Help please Norton

2. please help me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please help me!: why cant I download the game????? Anything wrong???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me/8103ee39-432f-4b57-acc0-03b67025779e
  3. please help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help me: คอมขึ้นแต่คำว่าrestartแล้วก็ขึ้นแบบไม่หายเลยค่ะกดอะไรไม่ได้เลยพอขึ้นแล้วก็ดับไปแล้วก็เป็นแบบนี้ไปเรื่อยๆไม่หายสักทีเลยค่ะ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me/918c34a9-a59f-497e-a873-a0c2e5794fcc
  4. PLease help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLease help me: I have this reoccurring issue: So... every time I reboot my laptop, another program displays this error message Cookies must be allowedYour browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use a Microsoft account.Cookies are small text...
  5. Help me please

Help me please: I was resetting my pc because of windows 10 with 2gb ram but it got stuck at 44% and the hdd led was off strangely the loading circle was spinning. I force shutdown and restart it was undoing changesAnd when I put my password and unlocked it, it showed reset was failed. I was...
  6. Please Help Me

Please Help Me: Im keep getting blue screen with stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALsomeone who knows how to fix it please REPLY THIS MESSAGE ASAP.this is my Minidump i got from C:\Windows\Minidump. please analyze the Minidump file for me and tell me whats wrong with my PC. THANK YOU FOR...
  7. please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    please help me: My windows 10 just done an upgrade and now all my music and photo folders have dissapeared its saying i have nothing on my computer. Its never done this before please help me restore them...
  8. Help me Please...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me Please...: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎25/‎2020 2:36 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 1020 Parameter 2:...
  9. Help me! Ghost system!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me! Ghost system!: Guys, I have a huge doubt. I left the lid of my notebook (Lenovo Ideapad touch screen) open, but over time the lock screen was activated and automatically went into standby, but a few hours later it turned on by itself, without my touching it. Not to mention that there was...
  10. Help me PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me PLEASE!: Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I come home from work to discover my computer was shut off and a windows update had occurred. Now, I can't connect to the internet through my router which is an old Linksys WRT54G. I can plug in the Ethernet directly to my computer...