Windows 10: HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor

Discus and support HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey just joined this forum because i cant find a fix to my computer with my Nvidia graphics card here's what happened. - Windows 8.1 update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by felipe221, Dec 26, 2015.

1. felipe221 Win User

HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor

Hey just joined this forum because i cant find a fix to my computer with my Nvidia graphics card here's what happened.

- Windows 8.1 update to windows 10 happens.
    - Successful upgrade so i start up games to see changes into fps.
    - Graphics card is not working so i uninstall them and try to reinstalled them again but to no avail ( should have restarted my PC i know).
    - Get message to start restart on safe mode and so i do so.
    - Suddenly I receive a black screen to which after many attempts to fix it via online including the installation media flash drive and the start+P key bind whatever thing.

I am extremely pissed that I am not able to play my games, talk to my family and study for my ISU for my school which i need now because the work is inside! I need to fix this but am running out of options.
    Also i wouldn't say am bad with computers I do know how to get to control panel, run commands on cmd, etc. But some detailed course of action explaining what do would helpful. Please help.

EDIT: After much research, if possible a link on how to downgrade to windows 8.1 or even 7 would be helpful but not necessary, don't want my computer updating something I don't know.

:)

felipe221, Dec 26, 2015

2. window 10 enterprise problem

After i installed window 10 enterprise it showed desktop, after 1 minutes it showed a blank black screen with the cursor only, and whenever i try to start my pc it shows a black blank screen with only cursor without showing the desktop,help me rally important.

shashiRajT, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Install Fails On Reboot

While I was not looking at my desktop screen the Windows 10 installation rebooted to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I rebooted, watched the Bios text scroll by, and was left at the black screen with a blinking cursor. Need a little help!

JamesMitchellJr, Dec 26, 2015
  4. HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor

I am also a newcomer and had a similar problem when I went from Win 8 to 8.1. Banging away at the keyboard on created more problems [long story]. The problem was with graphics drivers.

I later upgraded the motherboard for other reasons. Next time it happened was again during an update, another BSD. More out of curiosity than anything else, I switched my TV over to input HDMI 2 which is the Desktop input. There was Mr. Microsoft happily upgrading, yet my LCD monitor was still black. I left it alone.

Yep sometime in the next hour my monitor was restored [I had left the room].

It has happened twice since, always with major Windows 10 updates. I don't think we call them updates anymore, they're re-installs. For some reason, the monitor drivers are axed, then a BSD until the new drivers are re-installed.

Of course that might not be your case, but it is one possible explanation.

IanCPurdie, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Not long after I made that post above I then had to do a "Refresh/re-install" of Windows 10 where I get the welcome "Black Screen of Death".

Been there before.... So from prior experience, I cunningly switch my TV to HDMI Input No. 2 [that's the DeskTop] - yep there it is in all it's glory. Updating, updating...

When finished, I can assess on screen the extent of lost programmes on my desktop.

Looking at the 19" LCD Monitor? My usual background, the task bar with minimal applications....

BUT NO DESKTOP PROGRAM ICONS! - They're on the TV. A long story but here's what happened today:

SOLVED - albeit accidentally stumbling across the solution, when looking for something completely unrelated.

This HAS to have been caused by an update or whatever. Nothing in the Intel Graphics Control Panel helped me at all. Ready for it?

1. Have HDMI connected to TV
    2. Right click on Desktop
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select Graphics Options
    5. Select Output To
    6. Select Clone Displays [other recommended options didn't work for me]
    7. Select Monitor+Digital Television

Boom! Boom!

I have never had to do that before, even in earlier versions of Windows 10. Grrrr!

IanCPurdie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor

1. HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor - Similar Threads - HELP black screen

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  5. Need help with Black Screen and cursor.

Need help with Black Screen and cursor.: So pretty much ever since I restarted my computer one day, I can not get to the windows login screen. The monitor was working just fine so it can’t be that. When ever I restart cpu it goes to a black screen with a disappearing and reappearing mouse cursor. Ctrl alt dlt or and...
  6. Black screen with cursor help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor help: Hello! Today I had this issue when starting up my laptop. When I first opened it there was something like an update going on which I have never seen before,it was not in the windows theme it was in the black screen with the computer's brand logo(Asus in this case). I didn't...
  7. Black Screen Cursor HELP

Black Screen Cursor HELP: So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an...
  8. Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in: Hi everyone, I’ve never had this before but an hour ago i started up my pc and after log in my pc screen goes black and you only see a white cursor. I’ve tried some online methods like ctrl alt del and do the explorer trick and restart but that doesn’t work for me. So...
  9. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...
  10. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 help with black monitor and a cursor