Windows 10: [HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers

Discus and support [HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It had something to do with Cortana maybe, i dont know but my microphone started playing (once i activated it for cortana) through my speaker and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VenKazi, Apr 30, 2016.

1. VenKazi Win User

[HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers

It had something to do with Cortana maybe, i dont know but my microphone started playing (once i activated it for cortana) through my speaker and i have no idea how to turn this around, any help is welcome.

:)

VenKazi, Apr 30, 2016

2. need help with N93i Video sound/audio problem......

How does the video play on a PC? or over headphones?, is the noise only coming when playing through the hands free speaker?

If the noise is present in all the different options then you may have a damaged microphone (or both microphones). The microphones are the two small holes next to the power key.

Hope this helps

el_loco---01, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Voice Recorder App

Voice recorder will not playback my recording. Well, it plays, but I hear no sound. I can't open the file through any other player on my Surface either, now. The microphone has been on, and my speakers play every other sound. PLEASE HELP.

KaileaSaplan, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Do you mean you're getting feedback from your mic?
    In Sound/Recording/select the mic you're currently using/Microphone Properties make sure "Listen to this device" is unselected.

[HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  5. VenKazi Win User
    Yes i did, thank you so much, i have a very intricate sound set up and i was scanning though a lot of things but didnt think about that, thanks again!

VenKazi, Apr 30, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. I have forgotten after making a screen capture video to turn it off once, and through my Home Cinema... Ow my ears, and the poor neighbors*Roflmao2

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers - Similar Threads - HELP Microphone playing

2. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  3. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  4. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  5. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  6. The Party Chat is playing through my speakers and everything else is playing through my...

The Party Chat is playing through my speakers and everything else is playing through my...: I have done nothing prior to this. I joined a discord call and it is working fine. As far as I know, it's just a problem with Xbox not detecting my headphones. Here's the weird part, some widgets from Xbox work fine. Like when I was watching my gallery of game clips, it...
  7. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  8. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  9. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  10. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers: I have a tablet with builtin speakers and microphone. I'm using it for a voice recognition senerio, but when I ask it a question, the microphone picks up its answer, and it replies I don't understand over and over again until I mute the speakers. Is there a program, or...