Windows 10: Help my laptop has an error

Discus and support Help my laptop has an error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have windows 10 on my laptop and every time I boot up it tells me this Cirtical error Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrRandomMan, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Help my laptop has an error

So I have windows 10 on my laptop and every time I boot up it tells me this

Cirtical error

Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Sign out now

Please help!

I wanna be able to use my laptop again.

:)

MrRandomMan, Aug 18, 2015

2. Help My laptop keeps showing an error screen anytime i try to start it

Hello,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Since you tried with all troubleshooting steps, but problem still persist. Try to do Reset.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Reset this PC.
    While performing reset ensure to select Keep my files.
    It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Help My laptop keeps showing an error screen anytime i try to start it

I tried the boot commads but it still gives me the same error screen when i try to restart the laptop (see image).
    Help my laptop has an error [​IMG]

Segobanton, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Williams Win User

Help my laptop has an error

Try a system refresh and see if it helps.

Williams, Aug 18, 2015
  5. I can't get to that.

MrRandomMan, Aug 19, 2015
  6. rezpower Win User
    If you get nowhere booting to windows then first try to get in safe mode and see if it works. From there you can try to fix things.
    If not you need to boot with a windows iso and try the repair option

rezpower, Aug 19, 2015
  7. I can boot Windows. I just can't do that method because I have no recovery media.

P.S for my detials the error appers on my desktop.

MrRandomMan, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

you can get into recovery by powering off the pc by keeping the power button pressed until windows shuts off from when you see the windows logo on boot, you need to do this 3 times in a row.

9. rezpower Win User
    also you can get the recovery data which is simply windows 10 iso. You can download it directly from Microsoft with the tool.
    Burn it to cd or create usb and boot with it. Or use your downloaded windows file when you updated to make that iso from:
    for this see guides already posted on this forum.

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

rezpower, Aug 19, 2015
  10. Bazz Win User
    So you would spend 2,3,4,5 hrs downloading something that windows has built in, each to their own.

11. rezpower Win User
    2,3,4,5, hours? maybe it's time you change your internet provider *Smile I downloaded the iso in max 10 minutes!

Help my laptop has an error [​IMG]

I also proposed that he make an iso from his windows10 upgrade download already on his computer.
    Anyway I believe that it's a good idea to have an iso at home. sometimes pc has a problem and you can't
    boot and get access to build-in options as you say.

rezpower, Aug 19, 2015
  12. Hey. Sorry I didn't reply quickly. But I fixed it!

All I did was turn avast off of autostart then updated my laptop then updated avast. Works like a charm now.

Thanks!

P.S WHAT INTERNET PROVIDER ARE YOU USING TO GET THOSE NUMBERS SO HIGH?

MrRandomMan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help my laptop has an error - Similar Threads - Help laptop has

2. My laptop has a BSOD error called gnf.sys. I need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has a BSOD error called gnf.sys. I need help.: Before I installed the new RAM, I always get a BSOD error named nvlddmkm. Which forced me to replace my bad RAM.Now it's been a month ever since I installed a new ram Kingston Fury. After waking up this afternoon and opening my laptop. It suddenly shows a BSOD error related...
  3. My laptop has a BSOD error called gnf.sys. I need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has a BSOD error called gnf.sys. I need help.: Before I installed the new RAM, I always get a BSOD error named nvlddmkm. Which forced me to replace my bad RAM.Now it's been a month ever since I installed a new ram Kingston Fury. After waking up this afternoon and opening my laptop. It suddenly shows a BSOD error related...
  4. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  5. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  6. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My Laptop has the sign in is disabled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop has the sign in is disabled error: I have a laptop that I got 3 years ago and I upgraded last year to windows 11 but its giving me the sign in is disabled and I have no device to go to my contact email since the laptop is locked and I tried another device but I had to email my backup email for the backup to...
  8. My Laptop has the sign in is disabled error

My Laptop has the sign in is disabled error: I have a laptop that I got 3 years ago and I upgraded last year to windows 11 but its giving me the sign in is disabled and I have no device to go to my contact email since the laptop is locked and I tried another device but I had to email my backup email for the backup to...
  9. My pc has to many errors please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc has to many errors please help: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7Qcw1a8cWHvZQbSQc-KdGGBdTnQ9EQi/view?usp=share_linkhere is the link to see all the errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-to-many-errors-please-help/3d00bef3-6d3c-41f0-b6ba-62ff57c1d8b0
  10. My laptop screen has a yellow tint to it, help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen has a yellow tint to it, help?: Hello, my laptop on Windows 10 I recently bought has a yellow tint to the screen. I didn't notice this tint to the screen right away so I don't remember if it was like that when I bought it or not, but I noticed it when looking through my photos that the screen looks more...