Windows 10: Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator'

Discus and support Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator' in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently downloaded Windows 10. For some reason, my account on the computer --which is the only account on the computer-- is a 'standard account'.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jwelle2, Dec 23, 2015.

1. jwelle2 Win User

Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator'

I recently downloaded Windows 10. For some reason, my account on the computer --which is the only account on the computer-- is a 'standard account'. Because of this, I can't download or make some important changes that I need to make. I admit that I'm not computer savvy, but I've tried a few things. I've tried activating the 'hidden' Windows 10 administrator password but I can't because you have to run the cmd as an administrator to do this [when I try it doesn't give me the option to click yes]. I also tried adding family members to my account in order to make those accounts administrators. I created new email addresses, send the invitation, and accepted the invitations, but every time I log on to my Microsoft account, it still states that they invitations are pending.

At this point, I really don't know what to do. Does any one have suggestions or clarification questions?

Help:  My only account isn't an 'administrator' [​IMG]

:)

jwelle2, Dec 23, 2015
  2. ElieHayek Win User

Can't login to Windows 10 after deleting the admin account

Thank you for helping me Joy

But I have another problem: I obviously deleted all my accounts from the administrator account.

Then while logged in administrator account, I disabled it in cmd then obviously logged out from the account then restarted!

And now, I only have the disabled administrator account. Everytime I press enter, it tries to login and says what I already told. The power logo isn't appearing because the computer have booted and I didn't put a password to the administrator.

Thanks again for your help.

ElieHayek, Dec 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Enabling a admin password for my windows 10 laptop?

No, there isn't. An Administrator account has elevated privileges by design.

That's another reason why we should do our day-to-day work in a Standard account, and only use the Administrator account for tasks that require Administrator privileges.

BulldogXX, Dec 23, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

OldMike65, Dec 23, 2015
  5. jwelle2 Win User
    Options 1-3 haven't worked.

I'll try option 4 and update this page for other people that are having this problem

jwelle2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator' - Similar Threads - Help account isn't

2. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  3. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  4. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  5. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I have disabled my only administrator account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have disabled my only administrator account.: I just got out of my house, locked the door, and slid the key under the door. This basically the nutshell of the whole situation. If you had to know the reason, I was experimenting with the whole system administration thing. I have disabled the admin account by...
  7. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  8. forgotten my only administrative account password

forgotten my only administrative account password: ok so i have three usable accounts on my computer but only one of them has administrative privileges. one day i was playing around with command prompt and doing the net user command but i think i typed in the command to change this password beachside the next day i tried to...
  9. I cannot sign into my only administrator account

I cannot sign into my only administrator account: I don't know if its an update or not but when I try to sign into my admin account it doesn't say "use pin" or "use password". it just says sign in. when i click sign in it tells me to sign into my Microsoft account. when I try to sign in it tells me to create a pin because i...
  10. Administrator account HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account HELP: Hi wonder if anyone can help me. I have separated from my ex partner. We shared a laptop and with everything needed to be sorted this detail was not. I am currently the administrative account on this laptop, the laptop is 5 hours away so I cant just pop over to sort...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my only widnows account isnt admin

2. my only account isnt administrator