Windows 10: Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot!

Discus and support Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't boot my laptop and it keeps showing the BSOD. I tried every options in the blue screen but nonthing works! Plz help!! 14839 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanL, Aug 9, 2015.

1. RyanL Win User

Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot!

I can't boot my laptop and it keeps showing the BSOD. I tried every options in the blue screen but nonthing works! Plz help!!

:)

RyanL, Aug 9, 2015

2. Win 10 update causing network issues

I am running Win 10 on my desktop and Win 7 on my laptop with a home network connecting them. Three or four weeks ago a Win 10 update of some kind wrecked the network. My laptop can see the desktop just fine, but the Win 10 desktop can't find the path
    to the laptop. The Win 10 network diagnostics can't identify the problem. Help!

Florida Clay, Aug 9, 2015
  3. alihaila Win User
    About Win 10 Repair and recovery

Hi

I forget external HD with win7 plug in in my win 10 laptop , I went far from laptop and the laptop restarted and make boot from external HD , now the problem my laptop didn`t start win and always take me to the black screen with win boot manager and keep
    asking for win 7 repair , BTW my laptop was win7 before upgraded to win 10 ,please help me to fix this issue without losing my data.

Regards

alihaila, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

Try to boot into safe mode with networking and go to Windows Update and let it run.

If this doesn't work, you could still try to download new drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Last option, is doing a clean install on your system. (I had to do it on mine, but it was also because with Win8.1, I already had sometimes a BSOD and the upgrade messed it up even more. Now with a clean install, it seems everything is working fine again.)

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  5. MatthewE Win User
    Seems Rudy has put it all quite nicely in a post, however I would recommend a clean install or even in safemode if you're able to reach recovery then return to Windows 7 or 8.1.

A clean install tends to be a good option at times.

MatthewE, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Apie Win User
    I am having a similar problem. How do I go into a menu to select booting into safe mode? My Laptop also won't boot. Keeps on saying "diagnosing your PC" sometimes it says "repairing you disk drive (D*Smile: 100%" but without any progress. Then I get to the blue screen to try and reset it but that also doesn't help.

Apie, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Rudy Mas Win User
    Look at this: 4 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Apie Win User

I have had a look. I sometimes get into the Troubleshooting menu mentioned in number 2. But it boots into that on its own, without me getting into windows to select it to boot like that. Any other way to get there?

Apie, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Rudy Mas Win User
    When there is a problem, Windows 10 tries to boot a few times, and then automatically goes to the troubleshooting menu. Here you choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> Restart.

It should then startup in the menu where you choose how you want the PC to start. F5 is the option you need to try and fix Windows 10 by using Windows Update. Hopefully, it finds a new driver which will fix your problem. Else, you can try to update your Graphic Card driver manually with the latest version of the manufacturer. There could be other drivers that cause the error, but my experience is that the driver of the Graphic Card is often the cause.

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Apie Win User
    I tried it as you said, but once I selected restart in Safe Mode, it again went into the reboot loop. First it says "Scanning and repairing drive (D*Smile: 100% Complete". After almost an hour it changes to "Diagnosing your PC" and if I'm lucky it goes into Automatic Repair. But almost no option works to resolve the problem.

I am at a pc now so I can give a bit of background. I have an Asus Laptop that came with Windows 8, upgraded to 8.1. Then upgraded to Windows 10. Laptop worked for a week before it crashed. I don't know if I still have the Windows 8 install disk, or if I ever had it. Also have MS Office on the laptop, but don't know if I have the installations. But now I just want my pc to be able to log into Windows. And every time I try something new, it takes almost 2 hours to cycle back to the Repair screen.

11. Rudy Mas Win User
    To speed this up, you can also make yourself the Windows 10 installation media. (USB bootable media)

This way, you can start up with this and try a repair installation. I think at this point, this is you best option. My oldest laptop also worked for a few days after the upgrade, but then went wild and only wanted to start with a sad smiley face (BSOD). Because I knew Win8.1 was also a bit out of shape before the upgrade, I didn't even try a repair installation, but went straight for the clean install.

I had hoped that with Windows 10, the upgrade procedure would be a bit better, but I guess, we can't hope for miracles. At least, this time, I only had to do 1 forced clean install, and 1 were I decided to do it because I had too much worthless stuff installed on it and wanted to have a clean start. *Smile At least, my main PC, where most of the import things are on, survived the upgrade without a hitch. (It's also the one with the most recent hardware in it and where I didn't do any experimentation with. *Wink)

Rudy Mas, Aug 10, 2015
  12. Apie Win User
    I think I did create a Windows 10 installation media usd. Included is a picture of where I am stuck right now.
    Should i have the usb inserted and select Use a device?

Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot! [​IMG]

13. Apie Win User

I proceeded with use device. IT picks up the USB. The it proceeds to installation and asks me for the Product Key. But I don't have one because of the upgrade from 8.1.

14. Apie Win User
    I clicked skipped the key. Now I am here.

I have been here once before, I think I selected Upgrade. It then went on to say something about I need to select die Advanced Custom Install to save the data on it. Issues is still that I can't get into Windows to try and back up anything. I am happy to do a Clean Install, I am able to make peace with that, But I need to know whether it would work if I go through with it or if I will cause irreparable harm to the system.

(Edit*Smile
    If I click Upgrade I get this message:

If I click Custom I get this:

I was only under impression that I had 2 partitions (C: for the OS and D: for whatever else.)
    I have attempted to recover but the Laptop then still only goes into repair loop as described above without getting anywhere.

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

If I say Reset this PC and keep info I get this message:

If I click Reset this PC and wipe everything I get this message:

I really have no idea what to do next.

15. sh4ronn Win User
    I have been experiencing this same problem, just replying here to wait for an answer, i can't even use my laptop right now because he is in this infinite loop.

sh4ronn, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot! - Similar Threads - Help laptop can't

2. Laptop win 10 can't unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop win 10 can't unlock: is anyone can chat with me live please l m getting trouble with my laptop unlock please help me out , l can't figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-win-10-cant-unlock/e28ad63f-b91a-4a86-bab6-d1e0e05ca05d
  3. Laptop win 10 can't unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop win 10 can't unlock: is anyone can chat with me live please l m getting trouble with my laptop unlock please help me out , l can't figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-win-10-cant-unlock/e28ad63f-b91a-4a86-bab6-d1e0e05ca05d
  4. Laptop win 10 can't unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 boot issue...help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 boot issue...help!: Hi everyone, My Acer laptop crashed from a BSOD and I'm no longer able to boot into Win 10, I suspect it was a recent Win 10 update but cannot be 100% sure. These are the things I've attempted to troubleshoot my laptop. - Attempted to use Win 10 self fix service, system...
  6. Can't boot my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot my laptop: Hi guys and gals, I desperately need someones help. One day my laptop won't boot anymore, saying that "boot failed/boot manager not found" something like this. I have an acer Aspire ES1-731, This is what I already tried to solve the issue, but unsuccessful. I changed...
  7. Help choosing a Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help choosing a Win 10 laptop: Hi all I'd really like to find out what people's opinions are on some of the new 11 or so inch tablets with Windows 10. I gave my Chromebook 3 away to my brother who is very happy with it since he's not so hooked on windows at this point. But now I'm in search of a...
  8. Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.: In preparation for selling it, I tried to wipe the hard drive of my Toshiba X-70. This computer I think has a demon in it because it's given me every problem imaginable. First it got caught in the 46% loop. I fixed that by editing the registry. Now it's caught in the 64%...
  9. Can't boot my laptop..help!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot my laptop..help!!: Hi, I'm using Asus laptop with windows 10 OS. I kept failing updates so I tried to find a way to solve this problem. I found one post saying that modifying registry will do. I must have done it wrong. When I deleted some of them and restarted, this started to happen. Only...
  10. Please help i can't boot to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help i can't boot to win 10: Hey i've just updated my asus a555ln laptop from win 8.1 to win 10... Everything went nice with drivers automatically installed but the display drivers is lost. So i've installed the intel hd drivers and it does nothing so i installed nvidia drivers and it just fine. But...