Windows 10: HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it.

Discus and support HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was working on some designs for my client, and I was about done with the different parts on photoshop. I saved all the files in a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LucasFF, Dec 28, 2017.

1. LucasFF Win User

HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it.

Hello,

I was working on some designs for my client, and I was about done with the different parts on photoshop.
    I saved all the files in a new folder I created specifically for them and saved them both in the .PSD and .PNG format. In total the files where definitely NOT over 4GB, so I cant have instantly deleted them. They are not in the recycled bin, or any other folder. the folder is just gone. There is nothing in the photoshop auto-recover folder and my daily backup was done before I was finished with working, so its not backed up. In the recently opened tab, If I click on the files, the name disappears and it says "file could not be found"

Please help me, its quite urgent since my client needs to get it done by today.

:)

LucasFF, Dec 28, 2017

2. my dvd/cd rom drive is gone?!?!? where did it go???

Hello Jacob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click
      regedit in the Programs list.

HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it. [​IMG]
      If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Warning There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before you change the
      UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class value is CDROM.
    • If you see UpperFilters in the pane on the right side, right-click UpperFilters, and then click
      Delete.
    • Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
    • If you see LowerFilters in the pane on the right side, right-click LowerFilters, and then click
      Delete.
    • Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
    • Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Note: After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs, such as CD recording programs. In this
    scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs. If this problem occurs again, contact the program vendor to determine whether an update is available for the program.

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Dec 28, 2017
  3. my dvd/cd rom drive is gone?!?!? where did it go???

Hi, I have the same problem. I have followed the instructions above and found the correct subkey. however, I do not have one with a default value of DVD/CD ROM. It says value not set. The class value is CDROM, but I do not have any upper or lower filters
    on this subkey. There is one a little further down the list that once again has no value set in the Default box, in the class box it says disk drive, and this subkey does have upper and lower filters. at a bit of a loss at the moment.

johnringwood-788, Dec 28, 2017
  4. LucasFF Win User

by the way, I have searched every drive for it. It's simply gone and I've got no idea how or why. I even viewed the graphics inside the folder, so it did save properly.

LucasFF, Dec 28, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Just to be sure they are not on your disk, and maybe somewhere that Windows has not indexed(it has happened to me before) as some software saves to it's own folder in AppData or ProgramData folders(hidden), download and install UltraSearch which scans the master file tables(MFT) and faster & more thoroughly searches for stuff: Fastest File Search: UltraSearch

Use the "+" to add disks to be scanned:

Cliff S, Dec 28, 2017
  6. LucasFF Win User
    Thanks! I did find the file. The problem is that its a shortcut TO the file which doesnt work. Do you have any other tips? Thank you.

LucasFF, Dec 28, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    If you found it using UltraSearch, just right click what you need and select open file location and you can then move the files to where you wish, or copy address to clipboard and use that inside your adobe program to open the file directly to make and changes(such as saving to another spot). or select "open with" and use adobe, and so on:

Cliff S, Dec 28, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

Download the free version of Recuva. Let it search your whole entire drive that the files were on. It may take some time depending on your drive. And search for your files after the search is complete with its results

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it. - Similar Threads - HELP gone did

2. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  3. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  4. My work is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My work is gone: First attempt at making a beautiful slideshow video for my mother funeral. Went to finish the Project, the progress bar too a long time. Then when I looked screen was blank. Nothing worked, including crtl, alt, del. Woke up this morning and the mp4 file won't play, corrupt or...
  5. My work is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My work is gone: First attempt at making a beautiful slideshow video for my mother funeral. Went to finish the Project, the progress bar too a long time. Then when I looked screen was blank. Nothing worked, including crtl, alt, del. Woke up this morning and the mp4 file won't play, corrupt or...
  6. The Captures folder is gone and I did not delete it !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Captures folder is gone and I did not delete it !!!: Hello everyone, I have a problem : The Captures folder is gone and I did not delete it !!! When I search for: C: \ Users \ world champion \ Videos \ Captures I see the folder, with a double click an error appears: "The Captures item to which this shortcut refers is changed or...
  7. Help I did a bad and deleted system 34

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I did a bad and deleted system 34: . submitted by /u/cooperthegreat0708 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvn3z9/help_i_did_a_bad_and_deleted_system_34/
  8. I reset my pc and when I did it deleted my activation. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my pc and when I did it deleted my activation. Please help: I reset my pc to wipe all my files and when I did it said I didnt have a key anymore. Ive been having this hard drive for awhile now and it never done this. So now I have a watermark on my screen I was running windows 10 home now its saying im running windows 10 pro which...
  9. Did I delete my user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Did I delete my user account?: I got a new computer with Windows 10 on it and saw it gave me a username that is half of what I want it to be. I went to start>netplwiz and changed the name to what it was on my old computer. It changed the name. Great. Then I got the following error when I went to the start...
  10. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"