Windows 10: Help! Need guide to reset some appearances...

Discus and support Help! Need guide to reset some appearances... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] Why is the taskbar black??? I remember this to be white... Please help guys... 35509 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DamienJQ, Dec 28, 2015.

1. DamienJQ Win User

Help! Need guide to reset some appearances...

Help! Need guide to reset some appearances... [​IMG]

Why is the taskbar black??? I remember this to be white...
    Please help guys...

:)

DamienJQ, Dec 28, 2015

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

Hi, thanks for your answer. So, at the point we decide to go back up to Windows 10, will we be able to download it from Microsoft's website, or is there another way? Should we make some sort of backup of her current hard drive? or... ??? Thanks tons again!

Need some help with..., Dec 28, 2015
  3. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Help! Need guide to reset some appearances... :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Dec 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try Settings, Personalisation, Colours, scroll right down to the bottom and look at the two options.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2015
  5. DamienJQ Win User
    Sorry I meant the right click menu, not the taskbar.

DamienJQ, Dec 28, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    That's a relatively new MS thing.. their attempt to start to begin to introduce consistency in popup and context menus.. except it's not actually at all consistent yet.

Some people using high contrast themes as a basis can get different colours.. see elsewhere in Customisation.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    @ DamienJQ:
    For the most part it takes a 3rd party theme and patching to accomplish changing the colors of the right click context menus.
    I must say though, the black context menu looks great against your wallpaper! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 28, 2015
  8. DamienJQ Win User

Thanks guys for replying, it just bugs me a bit for not staying the same as before...(though I can get used to it).

DamienJQ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help! Need guide to reset some appearances... - Similar Threads - Help Need guide

2. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  3. Need some help with some icons

Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  4. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  5. Factory resetting my windows but I need some help

Factory resetting my windows but I need some help: So I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff at all, and don't ask why but I'm completely resetting my pc. I'm just wondering, from doing the method that cleans my drive completely and erases all my data, I'm pretty sure I have to download my driver's again right? My pc is...
  6. need some help

need some help: i have downloaded windows 10 for my mac (my mac is compatible as i have already checked) and i have got some folders that say (in order) - autorun.inf , boot , bootmgr , bootmgr.efi , efi , setpup.exe , sources , support . how do i launch windows 10? submitted by...
  7. Need Help With Reset

Need Help With Reset: My pc has been acting up so I have decided to reset. I have about 30gb worth of data I want to keep in a folder, how do I reset and remove everything but that one folder without using an external drive? submitted by /u/CreepsGamer_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Need some help :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some help :: Hi! I recently update my windows 10 and got this issue: Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. I followed this question first:...
  9. Needs some help with - windows reset engine stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Needs some help with - windows reset engine stopped working: Hi, So I've been having this error for idk at least 2-3months now, happens every now and then, but at least 1x by each windows login. Think it started by one more recent Cumulative Update probably around December,. I also stumbled on one MS thread and that user...
  10. Need help assigning my own GUID in bcdboot or capturing the GUID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help assigning my own GUID in bcdboot or capturing the GUID: I know you can do something like bcdboot.exe /m {aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee} to force your own but for some reason when I try that, it still assigns it's own anyway. I know there are ways to assign OS loader GUID outputs from bcdedit to a variable in batch but I am...