Windows 10: Help need this for remotely shutting down computers...

Discus and support Help need this for remotely shutting down computers... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need help for remotely shutting down pc from another desktop I need your help, shutting down other computer is "access is Denied" pls. help... 24965 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hacker5066, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Help need this for remotely shutting down computers...

Need help for remotely shutting down pc from another desktop I need your help, shutting down other computer is "access is Denied" pls. help...

:)

hacker5066, Oct 2, 2015

2. Remote shutdown from Windows 10

I have 3-4 PC's in my family, and I frequently need to do remote shutdown of the computers( In Same WiFi network ), but since I've upgraded to Windows 10; I'm not able do do it. It's showing error 53. So please help, It's very annoying for me to shut down
    all PC's manually. Please Help!

Rishabh kothari, Oct 2, 2015
  3. joyclay Win User
    I can't shut down my computer from the shut down on my compurer it running windows 10

I can't shut down my computer from the shut down on my computer it running windows 10 need help.

joyclay, Oct 2, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Help need this for remotely shutting down computers...

From the remote PC:
    • Open registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
      Add a DWORD: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and set the value to 1
    • Win+R->secpol.msc:
      Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment-> Force shutdown from a remote system and Add Everyone to the list
    • Open Device Manager and right click on the Network Adapter->Properties->Power Management and put a check mark on: Allow this device to wake up the computer.
    • In the BIOS, enable Wake On Lan

From the desktop:
    Open Admin command prompt and type:
    shutdown.exe /s /m \\XXX /t 00

where XXX can be: Computer Name, LAN IP or Network Mac ID of the remote PC

topgundcp, Oct 2, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Heck I just use Alt +F4 then I get a menu which pops up and gives me 4 choices to what I want to do on my remote computer. This is when I am ON the remote computer from my main computer.

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  6. A member on here was doing that way and has now frozen his computer and lost his right click on his mouse/ he did it on his main computer and it happened

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I've had no problems doing it on mine. Maybe he had other issues that affected his computer.

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Please read the question before you answer. OP did not log into the remote computer, just want to send a command to shutdown.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help need this for remotely shutting down computers... - Similar Threads - Help need remotely

2. Computer shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shut down: HelloI had downloaded AMD graphic and my computer started acting up. It would shutdown within 5 min.I managed to uninstall amd graphics.Then I was doing an reset of the computer. But at 36% it automatically shut down .Please help me what should I do?...
  3. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  4. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  5. PC shuts down, need help with memory.dmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down, need help with memory.dmp: Hi everyone, I'm experiencing an issue with my home PC. Everyday when I get home and boot the PC it works fine for around 5-15 minutes, then the screens go black, the GPU fan goes to 100%, then the PC restarts. After that, everything works fine. I can play games and do...
  6. PC shuts down, need help with memory.dmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down, need help with memory.dmp: Hi everyone, I'm experiencing an issue with my home PC. Everyday when I get home and boot the PC it works fine for around 5-15 minutes, then the screens go black, the GPU fan goes to 100%, then the PC restarts. After that, everything works fine. I can play games and do...
  7. PC shuts down, need help with memory.dmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Shut down a computer remotely with shutown -s

Shut down a computer remotely with shutown -s: I recently had to a clean reinstall on my Windows 10 computer. I added the "Remote Desktop Users" group to "Force shutdown from a remote system" and "Shut down the system" under local security policy, as I want everybody I enable to remote into the computer to also be able...
  9. Help on Computer Shutting Down

Help on Computer Shutting Down: Hello -I am looking for help on fixing unwanted shut down on my computer. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and which was kindly answered ( thank you ) . That has helped but the problem seems to have returned today. ( I couldn't return to thank those that replied as...
  10. Need help computer shuts down By itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help computer shuts down By itself: Hi, I'm having a problem when I'm on my computer programming or playing a game, my system just shuts down by its self , and when I have closed all windows, its fine all day. Like I will be playing a online game and if anything is open it works for like 5 minutes then it just...