Windows 10: Help needed in debugging bugcheck: 0xC000021a'

Discus and support Help needed in debugging bugcheck: 0xC000021a' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 system continues to 'blue screen' with the bugcheck: 0xC000021a at startup and then will come up after a subsequent press of the restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by clk1946, Sep 10, 2015.

1. clk1946 Win User

Help needed in debugging bugcheck: 0xC000021a'

My Windows 10 system continues to 'blue screen' with the bugcheck: 0xC000021a at startup and then will come up after a subsequent press of the restart button (I turned off 'automatic restart'). I installed Whocrashed to provide me with some information helpful information, but the information given is not very helpful in diagnosing what is causing this BSOD to occur. According to Whocrashed, an error occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem - this is anything but helpful.
    The following information is included by Whocrashed: Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFC000B0E975F0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x1, 0x80071D0000)
    Error: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED.

I've had to restore my system a couple of times from a saved system image. The system runs without problem for a day or two and then start BSOD'ing with the above bugcheck.

Any help would appreciated - I am on the verge of restoring my 8.1 system.

:)

clk1946, Sep 10, 2015
  2. 新艳刘 Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) IntcDAud.sys ntkrnlmp.exe firefox.exe

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff801725fe348}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeAccumulateTicks+124ea2 )

Followup: MachineOwner

新艳刘, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Driver Verifier debugging help needed for blue screen

The sfc /scannow found no integrity violations.

The dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth found no problems.

The dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth was ran anyway.

chkdsk found no bad sectors.

chkdsk /r was ran anyway.

There have been no further crashes.

The prior crashes and the driver verifier crashes seem to have not created dmp or minidmp files that could be recovered and analyzed. The software whocrashed and the software bluescreenview did not find them. The everything search software using *.dmp
    and *.minidmp did not find them. The last one found was on 9/20 or 9/21 when the windows 8.1 was upgraded to windows 10 with remote partner support.

Turning on the computer and pressing the F2 key opens the UEFI diagnostics on this HP notebook. Running the full studies or the loop studies until failure stops prematurely when it displays short DST failure. Googl searches indicate that this could be
    impending hard drive failure or software problems. On of the software problems producing short DST failure according to the Dell web site is created by improper sequence in loading drivers.

There is already a driver problem by driver verifier.

If possible I would like to clean up this computer so that the software problems can be reduced or eliminated to see if it is an impending hard drive failure. Ccleaner is regularly run on this computer (memory dumps, chkdsk file fragments, windows log files
    are all unchecked)

How do you run a disk cleanup (including system files)? What pitfalls are there? For recovery I have windows 8.0 disks and do not have window 10 disks.

Once it is cleaned up if you suggest I will run the driver verifier again to see if removing this driver works or if there are other problem drivers. Any thoughts on how to find a better driver? If a driver is not found will the computer function with
    windows automatically installing default drivers?

questions_, Sep 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

5. clk1946 Win User
    I'm attaching the results from Windbg's analysis of a full memory dump. Hopefully there is some useful information in the three screenshots. Attachment 37167Attachment 37168Attachment 37169 I hope that these uploaded png files are readable. BTW, one of the first things that I did after installing Windows 10 was to disable automatic driver updates.

clk1946, Sep 12, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I'm sorry, but I cannot read 2 images properly.
    Please use the tool from BSOD Posting Instructions and upload the zip file.

7. hawkman Win User
    just click on them they magnify on every left click

Roy

hawkman, Sep 12, 2015
  8. clk1946 Win User

You beat me to the punch - thanks hawkman.

Axe0, hopefully you can read them once the text is magnified. I tried to minimize the amount of information that I thought would be relevant and incisive to someone familiar with Windows internals.

clk1946, Sep 12, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please read BSOD Posting Instructions and upload the zip file
    Just those images is NOT enough.

In fact, if the dumps only reveal that what you see in the images, then your windows would be corrupted. And that is just a thing that I don't beleave since there are other causes for this error.

10. clk1946 Win User
    I'm attaching the zip file - Attachment 37389 .

clk1946, Sep 12, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Do you have any devices recently installed? If so, remove these devices and see if it helps.

Please do the following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again

If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

12. clk1946 Win User
    I went through the 'clean boot' process and ran SFC with no negative results just before starting this thread. Just after my initial submittal, I installed some Microsoft fixes, and since then I've had no BSODs. I did not want to prematurely announce that my system was stable until I got a good three days of running without any BSOds. I also noticed that NTKRNLMP.EXE was updated as a result of one of the fixes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will review whatever is available regarding the fixes that seem to have relieved my problem.

clk1946, Sep 14, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Good to hear that *Smile
    Glad the problem is solved *Smile

14. clk1946 Win User
    My Windows 10 system has retrograded yet again to the same OxC000021A bugcheck. I am attaching 3 pages from Windbg's analysis output which points at NTKRNLMP.EXE again, but at a different location. In order to get Windows to come up again, I had to do a System Restore from a date prior to the last cumulative Microsoft update that was applied. The effects of this restore is yet to be seen/experienced - right now I'm focused on getting this information out to anyone that might be able to help in understanding why the system continues to act unpredictably. BTW, I am keeping the two full dumps if anyone needs additional information. I am not a Windbg expert, so other than provide some screenshots of Windbg's output, my help in this area is limited.
    Attachment 41041 Attachment 41042Attachment 41043

clk1946, Oct 3, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please use the tool and upload the zip file.
    There are some causes for this crash, but the files needs to be analysed to point to 1 of the directions.

Thema:

1. Help needed in debugging bugcheck: 0xC000021a' - Similar Threads - Help needed debugging

2. Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug: Was looking at a memory dump to a now frequent BSOD occurrence. I got this from the analysis but, I don't understand what is causing my computer to crash.CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in anMP system within the...
  3. Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug: ******************************************************************************** ** &nbs...
  4. Need help debugging this BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help debugging this BSOD.: Hello! I went through two consecutive BSODs and I need some help as to what this error is. Below I've posted the dump files.Thank you!Specs:CPU - Ryzen 9 7900xGPU - AMD Radeon 7900XTX Sapphire nitro+RAM- gskill ripjaws s5 series 64gb ddr5 4800mhzMOTHERBOARD - MSI B650 MAG...
  5. Need help debugging this BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help debugging this BSOD.: Hello! I went through two consecutive BSODs and I need some help as to what this error is. Below I've posted the dump files.Thank you!Specs:CPU - Ryzen 9 7900xGPU - AMD Radeon 7900XTX Sapphire nitro+RAM- gskill ripjaws s5 series 64gb ddr5 4800mhzMOTHERBOARD - MSI B650 MAG...
  6. JIT debugging. Need HELP!

JIT debugging. Need HELP!: I am running a analysis software on my PC and one day it shows a microsoft .Net framework problem. The details is as below:See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  7. Need help with a BugCheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a BugCheck: Hello All, I built a new PC for my wife to play some games on, she had been running into errors with World of Warcraft and I am working with their support on that. Additionally there has been about 4 times that the computer completely locks up, no errors just is...
  8. BSOD bugcheck - help needed

BSOD bugcheck - help needed: I keep getting BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffff8d05caa4b140, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9a98571a-ff32-4c7e-bd35-e01ee935e0a9. Any...
  9. Need help Crash Dump Debugging

Need help Crash Dump Debugging: So my PC has been BSOD like crazy in windows 10. I have tried debugging using WinDbg, all crash dump errors point towards ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1164c ) Please advice, what am I missing? I have attached the crash dump files. Thanks in advance....
  10. BSOS ntoskrnl.exe?? Need help debugging

BSOS ntoskrnl.exe?? Need help debugging: I have an Dell optiplex 380 that keeps getting random BSOD. I have ran BlueScreenViewer and it comes up with ntoskrnl.exe. I can't pinpoint the issue. This computer had windows 10 installed about a week ago on fresh install....
Tags: