Windows 10: Help needed with AOMEI Backupper

Discus and support Help needed with AOMEI Backupper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just got up the momentum to do a system backup only to find Backupper (Standard) is not showing the C drive. It shows other drives, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Feb 4, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper

I have just got up the momentum to do a system backup only to find Backupper (Standard) is not showing the C drive. It shows other drives, including the target USB. But it says the program cannot find the system partition. If I try another option it displays all the connected drives but what should be th C drive is shown as empty with its total GB unused and the label 'unallocated'.

I emailed AOMEI for help but they are away for two weeks attending a Spring festival!

Can anyone advise on how to get the C drive and contents shown?

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper [​IMG]

:)

clayto, Feb 4, 2016
  2. qinada Win User

How to transfer ssd to new computer with windows 10 without formating?

You need to make a backup of SSD with a backup and restore software which supports restoring to a dissimilar hardware. One good solution is AOMEI Backupper with dissimilar hardware restore feature (Universal Restore).

qinada, Feb 4, 2016
  3. DippyT Win User
    Backup Problems/Errors

I've downloaded, installed, & successfully run the Free Version of "AOMEI Backupper Standard". No problems. Therefore, I'm switching from Microsoft Windows 10/7 Backup & Restore to the aforementioned 3rd party AOMEI Backup & Restore Utility.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions & help in this matter.

DippyT, Feb 4, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Post an image of disk partitions using disk management.

You could try Macrium Reflect Free instead. If that doesn't work, I would be very surprised.

cereberus, Feb 4, 2016
  5. clayto Win User

This is perfectly normal is it not? Can it help explain what is shown in Aomie? I want to use Aomie, I have some experience with it.

clayto, Feb 4, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Your tablet was designed to run using Wimboot and use a GPT disk type on a 32-bit OS:
    Windows Image File Boot (WIMBoot) Overview

AOMEI Backupper shows your C drive as MBR disk type so I doubt that AOMEI would support this type of partition arrangement. Just my guess, You'll get a better answer from their forums. Or try Macrium as suggested above.

topgundcp, Feb 4, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    Just tested Pro version on GPT disk..

It appears GPT not supported by backupper...

Kyhi, Feb 4, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

I have extensively tested all the main players, and Macrium is the only tool I found that works properly on 32bit eufi tablets.

cereberus, Feb 4, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Sure does. Even with free version.

topgundcp, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Clint Win User
    Works on mine too.

Clint, Feb 4, 2016
  11. clayto Win User
    This is from AOMEI'S web page :

"AOMEI Backupper supports almost all storage devices recognized by Windows, such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, SSD, USB external disks, hardware RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and so on. Additionally, AOMEI Backupper supports MBR and GPT disk standards and works effectively with UEFI boot."

clayto, Feb 5, 2016
  12. Kyhi Win User
    Attachment 62701

program does not find system partition on mine

v3.2

EDIT:
    Had to re-run the installer to fix
    So my guess is, it was missing Registry Entries

13. cereberus Win User

I tried it yesterday on my Linx tablet and it failed miserably on trying to restore.

Then used Macrium Reflect and restored it in 11 minutes.

cereberus, Feb 5, 2016
  14. Kyhi Win User
    it's not my backup choice either.. Just testing, confirming and offering fix..

15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Another one for Macrium reflect -- I used it also to copy Linux install from HDD to SSD - done no probs very quickly. I used to use Acronis but I've switched. I simply run Macrium from a USB / ISO - when backing up / restoring I prefer to do it stand alone.

I've cloned a few VM's too with the ISO - using the Server version.

I switched from Acronis -- activation too much of a problem, hideously complicated interface and uses system service which are hard to uninstall. Acronis started going downhill IMO after about 2012.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Help needed with AOMEI Backupper - Similar Threads - Help needed AOMEI

2. Aomei Backupper Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Aomei Backupper Restore Problem: Aomei Backupper Professional Verion 5.3.0 installed. (Windows Version in my Signature) Everything seems to work ok until I try to RESTORE System Image. When the restore process gets to the "select destination for the file you wish to restore" screen. The only drive showing is...
  3. AOMEI Backupper

AOMEI Backupper: I am a long time user of Image For Windows and Macrium Reflect, but in the past few months, I have been testing AOMEI Backupper. I think the main reasons that I started exploring other backup options are: I am a data security freak, and love imaging applications. *Smile Since...
  4. BSOD when AOMEI Backupper starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when AOMEI Backupper starts: Have had two occurrences of this BSOD but since the AOMEI product has previously been running for quite some time with no problem I think this was triggered by something else. I suspect that it has something to do with the "sleep" facility used by aVast Clean Up. 112535
  5. Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?: I recently had my PC technician over to try to backup my pc. He went and got a program called Aomei Backupper. On the site it strangely had the option to download from Cnet so he did. In the end it wasn't to our liking cause it was limited in what it could do so we...
  6. BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC while using AOMEI Backupper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC while using AOMEI Backupper: I have previously backed up successfully without issues. Last night I tried backing up, expecting to see successful completion in the morning, but instead I found my computer had restarted. I downloaded the latest version of AOMEI Backupper & tried again. This time I was...
  7. Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5

Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5: AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 is free today. Key features: System, disk, partition, files and folders backup and restore; Restore a system backup image to dissimilar hardware; Support full, incremental, differential, and automatic backups; System and disk clone for OS...
  8. Aomei Backupper Pro free

Aomei Backupper Pro free: You can get Aomei Backupper Pro on giveaway. The key given at the link also works for the just released Backupper Pro v4.0.2 Seems to be going to the 8th January. AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway 73717
  9. AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition for Lifetime – Unlimited Giveaway

AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition for Lifetime – Unlimited Giveaway: Hi all fellow members, While Macrium Image is still my Favourite Imaging and backup software I have been testing AOMEI Backupper. I have found on http://www.thewindowsclub.com/giveaw...sional-edition a free pro giveaway of [img] Download here:...
  10. aomei backupper rescue media: no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    aomei backupper rescue media: no mouse or keyboard: I don't know if this is specific to windows 10, but I discovered that when booting from the aomei rescue media, whether CD or flashdrive, I ran into a tough problem: no mouse or keyboard. Impossible to do anything. And since Aomei doesn't offer pre-OS, you are pretty much...