Windows 10: Help needed with running the set up again

Discus and support Help needed with running the set up again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I am trying to help my mother to set up her Win 10 installation. During set up she entered a non microsoft email adress (***@telia.com) and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laros6006, Aug 12, 2016.

1. laros6006 Win User

Help needed with running the set up again

Hi!
    I am trying to help my mother to set up her Win 10 installation.
    During set up she entered a non microsoft email adress (***@telia.com) and then she entered her password. What she failed to do was to tab to the password box, so in reality she added the password to the email adress. (***@Telia.compassword)
    Then she initiated the set up. Since the password box was empty, she was asked to enter it and she did and the installation started.

Somewhere during that process, she got cold feats and tried to back out of the whole thing, but the installation continued running.

Now she is stuck with a complete installation but she can't log in.

The screen say welcome " ***@Telia.compassword " but it is not accepting any of the passwords she have entered during the set up. We cant change the password as the email adress the system tries to send the reset instructions to isn't a valid email adress.

I guess the only thing we can do is to run the installation all over again, but since we can't log on to her computer anymore, I have no idea on how to help her with that.

Is there any thing we can do to work around this?

:)

laros6006, Aug 12, 2016

2. Help with voicemail set up needed!!!

On my 5300 with v3.92 firmware, this can be set at

Menu > Messaging > Voice Messages > Voice mailbox no

fred_be9300, Aug 12, 2016
  3. fudgefase Win User
    Help with voicemail set up needed!!!

Thank you so much - that seems to have worked! I knew I just couldn't see it for looking! Again, many thanks.

fudgefase, Aug 12, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What was she using to install Windows 10 with? If it was USB flash drive or a DVD and you want to do a clean install (which will erase the hard drive) then just boot the computer from the Windows 10 flash drive or DVD and when it asks for upgrade or custom install. Select custom install and you will be shown a list of partitions. Select each partition on the hard drive you want to install Windows 10 onto and click delete. Do that for each partition until there is nothing but one big unallocated space. Select that and click next to let Windows 10 create the partitions it wants and then install.

If you need to make a Windows 10 USB flash drive for installation, you can use the Media Creation Tool:
    Windows 10

You want the dowload tool button on that webpage.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2016
  5. laros6006 Win User
    Hi!
    No it was done by clicking on one of those "upgrade to win 10 for free now"-pop up's from microsoft.

laros6006, Aug 12, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is only for upgrading previous versions of Windows to the latest Windows 10 and never should have asked her to create a new user account.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2016
  7. laros6006 Win User
    That sounds plausible, but somehow she managed to mess up the email adress and password during the process.

Any ideas on how we can sort it out?

laros6006, Aug 13, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2016
  9. laros6006 Win User
    Thanks a lot. I will try that.

laros6006, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help needed with running the set up again - Similar Threads - Help needed running

2. Need help again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help again: Need help with thisDRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentiallyallow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.DESCRIPTIONA driver overran a stack-based buffer or local variable in a way that wouldhave...
  3. Need help again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help again: Need help with thisDRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentiallyallow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.DESCRIPTIONA driver overran a stack-based buffer or local variable in a way that wouldhave...
  4. Need help again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help setting up bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help setting up bluetooth: I recently installed a wifi card that comes with Bluetooth. I’ve double check, made sure everything was plugged in nothing. I’ve also installed the drivers for the card and still nothing. So is there anything I can do to get Bluetooth to show up? submitted by /u/FuryYT...
  6. Need help setting up bluetooth

Need help setting up bluetooth: I recently installed a wifi card that comes with Bluetooth. I’ve double check, made sure everything was plugged in nothing. I’ve also installed the drivers for the card and still nothing. So is there anything I can do to get Bluetooth to show up? submitted by /u/FuryYT...
  7. Need help setting up bluetooth

8. Need help setting up bluetooth

9. run set up wizard again

in Windows 10 Customization
    run set up wizard again: My PC is running on epic games launcher and not on set up wizard How to run set up wizard again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-set-up-wizard-again/45090299-0747-4a27-b1e8-be2dc7493db4
  10. Need Help with setting up Windbg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help with setting up Windbg: I seem to be suffering from a severe lack of knowledge and experience in this area. I am trying to read dump file created by Windows 10 but keep seeing errors about ntoskrnl.exe and symbol errors. I have gone through the tutorial by Golden. I notice the Executable search...