Windows 10: Help needed writing batch script!

Discus and support Help needed writing batch script! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here. The scenario is that I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thebritton, May 18, 2018.

1. Help needed writing batch script!

Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here.

The scenario is that I'm trying to write a script that incorporates the result of a ping to an IP and then based on the result do different things.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to achieve:

--

ping IP

if ping successful, do this

otherwise

do this..

--

I'm a complete novice at script writing so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

thebritton, May 18, 2018

2. Writing batch files

I haven't done any coding for a very long time and I am looking for a tutorial and command list for making a batch file in win10. All I can seem to find are videos or sites that tell you that you use notepad to save a file as a .bat with virtually no info
    on the actual programming/scripting. I know it'll all come back to me once I do one or two basic files, but I need a detailed refresher. Any suggestions?

(Specifically, I need a program to replace lines in one text file with lines from a different text file.)

CosmicCowboy, May 18, 2018
  3. Batch Programing <ping localhost> writing to desktop

I was writing a batch program on the new windows 10 and when I put ping localhost >4 it printed a debug script to my desktop. I was just wondering if windows intends this to be a debugging option or is it not supposed to be there at all?

NathanHastings, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Help needed writing batch script!

1. Help needed writing batch script! - Similar Threads - Help needed writing

2. Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list: Hi, I would need help to write a bat file to shutdown all the computers listed in the text file. Can someone help me please?This script will extract the list of computers name from the text file and loop to shutdown each computer....
  3. Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list: Hi, I would need help to write a bat file to shutdown all the computers listed in the text file. Can someone help me please?This script will extract the list of computers name from the text file and loop to shutdown each computer....
  4. Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  6. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  7. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  8. Need Help Regarding Powershell Command in Batch Script to Mount Wim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need Help Regarding Powershell Command in Batch Script to Mount Wim: Please Help. I want Powershell to show Grid View as Output of Wim Indexes then when a user select one from menu & press OK it will then mount the selected wim. Get-WindowsImage -ImagePath "\install.wim" | Out-GridView -PassThru -Title 'Select Windows Image and press OK'|...
  9. Batch Rename Script Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch Rename Script Help!: Hello! I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being the number page it is). The code I have is below. It works fine with out the pipe sort command but it sorts the by the ones...
  10. Write a batch script to read list of db names to connect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Write a batch script to read list of db names to connect: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I am new to batch scripting. I want to read a file that has database names and connect to each of them to get status. I'd like to do this from cmd command. I really appreciate if I can get some help here. Thanks in advance....