Windows 10: Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10

Discus and support Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Going BONKERS over this (Build 10166) Two computers on a LAN REDSQUIRREL running W10 PRO X-64 on a physical laptop logged on with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jul 10, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10

Hi there

Going BONKERS over this (Build 10166)

Two computers on a LAN REDSQUIRREL running W10 PRO X-64 on a physical laptop logged on with a LOCAL account, BLACKDOG running W10 Enterprise X-64 with an Ms account.

1) REDSQUIRREL does not even SEE BLACKDOG. (Redsquirrel with Local account, Blackdog with Ms account)

2) Blackdog throws up enter User name and password -- but won't work even though password is correct.

Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10 [​IMG]

If I logon with an Ms account on both machines they work fine.

Build 10166 used on Both machines.

( I will have to use Local accounts eventually in any case -- also I can't access my media server (Linux) unless I use a Local account - but I'd still like the system to work properly with Ms accounts too - in order to get the Insider builds).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 10, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Connecting to Network Attached Storage

Hi!

Let me clarify The problem child and blind child would be W10. So running join a work group on W10. Most Win OS default to WORKGROUP. But with the home group enabled on 1 computer. I would try to create a new home group on the W10 machine and have all machines
    join it. Except NAS. Removing the current home group first.

What is the name of the W10 machine? localhost@9010? if so change the name before you create home group. I know the issue is W10 can not access NAS, But remember the error:

Windows cannot access \\DISKSTATION

Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found

The W10 is not really part of the network. So if the W10 creates the Microsoft network, it should then be able to find the network path. The other 2 machine join that network then you should have a local network with access to NAS on all machines.

Teddy2016, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

More test results:

W7: After creating a Home net group on W10 machine, the W7 machine stated, that there were no Home net group in the system and prompts me to create one. I expected in contrary an order to join one.

W10: After creating from new a Home net group on W7, W10 prompts me to join this one, but ending finally also in a "not found on system"

I removed both Home networks.

W7 explorer shows me the W10 machine, but could´nt access it.

W10 explore showed me the W7 machine, accessable and adding a legitimation for "everybody" on W7 allowed me to open a dataset in the W10 explorer.

Summary:

It was not possible by no means to connect a W10/W7 and a W7/W10 by a Home net group.

By the basic workgroup the W7 explorer showed me the W10 machine, but did´nt allow to acess it, the W10 explorer worked without problems with the W7 machines objects.

hagenvontronje, Jul 10, 2015
  4. Saltgrass Win User

This type of situation has caused me some problems for quite a while. But you haven't indicated if the computers were set up using a local or Microsoft account, which effects the actual folder designations

So, possibly some observations.

If you use a PIN to sign in, certain systems may not even be seen to allow for a Credentials dialog to be offered.

The user name on a Microsoft system is the entire e-mail address.

And even though you may get an "Unable to Access" error, letting it finish indexing may allow access the second time. Why the system is not set up to give it time to index prior to showing the error message, I don't know.

I have suggested during an install, an option to use a Local Name instead an e-mail address when logging on with a Microsoft account be offered. But so far so such option. And I don't mean an option to install as a Local or Microsoft account, since that is already a possibility. I have been installing mine using a Local Account then switching to a Microsoft Account after the install is completed.

Saltgrass, Jul 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10 - Similar Threads - Help Network Gurus

2. copying w10 to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    copying w10 to a new machine: I seem to recall a license for W10 allowing you to place the OS on two devices at once.My old machine is temporarily inaccessible and I have a new laptop I'd like to set up with the platform. How can I do this?...
  3. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating from one W10 machine to another: I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is quite seamless, how about for Windows? What are you guys using? Tks. submitted by /u/Marathonmax [link] [comments]...
  4. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  5. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...
  6. Cannot access W7 machines FROM W10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot access W7 machines FROM W10: Hi there W10 still seems to have some type of networking problem - OUTGOING is OK -- W10 CAN see W7 HDD's and access them. W7 CAN see W10 computer but cannot access any HDD's. W7 CAN access W10 if you specify the actual IP address for example L: \\192.168.x.x rather...
  7. Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work: Hi there trying various VM's on a HOST W10 under VMWARE WORKSTATION 10 -- (XP / W7 / W8.1 / W10 / Linux ) -- all these fail to start network either in BRIDGED or NAT mode. If the HOST is now a W8.1 system connections all work for these machines Still looks like...
  8. Booting issues with w10 machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting issues with w10 machine: Hi Last year a bought a new machine. I also ordered a w10 copy but when I got the machine it was already installed. The very first night I booted it it refused to shut down with some error (can't remember which one) and I had to use system restore. This happened 3 times in...
  9. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...
  10. W10 re-installation for a machine that was upgraded from W81 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 re-installation for a machine that was upgraded from W81 to W10: I have a Linx 8 tablet that originally came with Windows 8.1. I then upgraded to Windows 10 via the free update route during the year that it was offered. However, the OS has become corrupted and the only thing that I have to be able to restore is the original Windows...