Windows 10: Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space!

Discus and support Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows10, my computer has started to create temporary files in in the c:\Windows\Temp files. Ever second it creates files such as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LukeMoore1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space!

After upgrading to Windows10, my computer has started to create temporary files in in the c:\Windows\Temp files. Ever second it creates files such as AppXDeploymentServer, AppxErrorReport or AppXPackaging and most files are 5000kb in size. How can I get rid of this? It's affecting my PC as it fills up the disc space in no time.

:)

LukeMoore1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi Dennis,

Deleting temporary files is one way of to free up space on your drive.

For us to properly isolate your concern and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you were running the Disk Cleanup utility?
    • Can you confirm that the only files you cannot delete were all temporary Internet files?
    • Was there a lock displayed beside the temporary Internet files?
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to run a disk clean up.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 11, 2018
  3. How to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files?

Hi Wes,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Have you checked the boxes Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files while you run the Disk cleanup?

Kindly be informed that if you want to delete the temporary files, you need to check the Temporary files box while you run the Disk cleanup. You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run
    faster. It can delete temporary files and system files, empty the Recycle Bin, and remove a variety of other items that you might no longer need. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open run command prompt.

• You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete temporary files and system files, empty the Recycle Bin, and remove a variety of other items that
      you might no longer need.Type cleanmgr in the run text box and hit
      Enter key on the keyboard.

• In the Drives list, tap or click the drive that you want to clean up, and then tap or click
      OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, select the checkboxes (Temporary files and
      Temporary internet files) and for the file types you needed, tap or click
      OK, and then tap or click Delete files.
    Now check if you are able to delete the temporary files after running the Disk cleanup.

Reference: For more information on how to use the Disk cleanup, you may refer to the below help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...nup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-8

The steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 also except how to open the control panel in the step 1. Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Control panel” to open Control panel.

You may also refer to the section Delete Temporary files in the below help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space!

Low Disk space and no storage

Hi Katie,

There are times when your Windows PC will let you know that it's low on disk space to prevent information loss. When your PC doesn't have enough disk space, it will affect the performance of your PC. Please answer these questions so we can isolate the cause
    of your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How much disk space is available at this time? Can you provide me a screenshot of the current disk space?
    • What is the current OS Build of your PC? Click the Start button, then type
      winver, and then press Enter to verify this information.

You can also visit this
    article
    on how to free up more drive space to improve the performance of your computer.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Noela Tum, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space!

1. Help, PC is creating temporary files every second and affecting disk space! - Similar Threads - Help creating temporary

2. Every Few seconds my PC freezes HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every Few seconds my PC freezes HELP!!!!: Every Few seconds my PC freezes HELP!!!! this problem started to occurer a few days ago but over time its coming more freuqwent and i dont know why but i think it could be some of my Hardware is broken or not working proply HELP please...
  3. Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space

Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space: Recently I got an error that kept popping up on my screen saying that windows could not install an update due to low disc space. When I clicked on the link attached to the notification it took me to a page that listed the types of storage that where occupying my disc and gave...
  4. my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in: hey, for some reason, every time I log into my user in my PC, a new temporary user is created. i cant think of anything that triggered it. [ATTACH] so my questions are: 1) does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? [yes, i tried restarting] 2) is there a...
  5. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock temporary files in disk cleanup: I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-temporary-files-in-disk-cleanup/8a176a71-939f-4cb6-8926-ed3edf35d2fa"
  6. windows created a temporary paging file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows created a temporary paging file...: I recently got this error message every time I started my machine. [ATTACH] I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file on C driver. Why??? [ATTACH] I don't have this issue before. I don't change any setting on my computer recently. The error...
  7. PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDump .dmp file created in temp every 5 seconds.

PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDump .dmp file created in temp every 5 seconds.: I noticed the problem after I copy text and paste it. It pastes this text. C:\Users\krise\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-10--16-41-13_.dmp When I navigated to location folder, I found .dmp...
  8. Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0: Since upgrading to windows 10 from 7 a few months ago I have been unable to use edge or cortana. Edge will sometimes load a website but VERY slowly - about 10 mins. Chrome works fine. All other aspects of the upgrade work fine. The only strange thing I have noticed is that...
  9. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appxerrorreport

2. appxpackaging temp files

3. appxerrorreport_

4. c:\windows\temp appxerrorreport,
  5. AppxErrorReport_,
  6. help pc is creating temporary file second