Windows 10: Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?

Discus and support Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is that when I connect my Motherboard to my ASUS VS247HR 23.6 Monitor via HDMI, I get display/video output fine but no sound through its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoldanLT, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RoldanLT Win User

Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?

My problem is that when I connect my Motherboard to my ASUS VS247HR 23.6 Monitor via HDMI,
    I get display/video output fine but no sound through its speakers.

Device Manager Screenshot:

Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor? [​IMG]

Hardware and Sound:

Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor? [​IMG]

System Specs:
    :)

RoldanLT, Oct 5, 2016

2. HDMI SOUND OUTPUT NOT WORKING

Since recently sound output from laptop to tv via HDMI cable hasnt been working. I have tried the options of opening control panel and right clicking in the sound menu to reveal HDMI selection but there is none..... Please HELP

AnnetteKatipa, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10

OS = Windows 10 Home

Make & Model of the system? – ASUS Zenbook Manu. Part#: UX330UA-FB100T

How are you connecting the external monitor (via what cable type?) Micro HDMI to HDMI or DVI

Make & Model of the internal video card? ASUS standard

Device driver version installed for said video card? Intel HD Graphics 620 – driver version 21.20.16.4550

I’m beginning to believe this is a hardware issue with the ASUS HDMI port. Another ASUS laptop of similar vintage works fine

Thanks for helping

NickCrossMilton, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Checking your monitor specs it does not have built in speakers. It has an Earphone jack : 3.5mm Mini-Jack (for HDMI Only)
    So you can plug in speakers there or on the sound jack on the MB.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor? - Similar Threads - Help please sound

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  6. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  7. no sound on my asus monitor

no sound on my asus monitor: i just purchased a new monitor and cannot for the life of me figure out why i cannot get any sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-my-asus-monitor/84404031-68d1-45e8-9a1f-8a597477ca47
  8. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI: I've been trying to connect a TV/monitor to my laptop and I've not been successful with Windows 10. I can confirm that this is not a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable, nor the monitor as it is working without issue on the other side - Xubuntu 18.04. Looking around the...
  9. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.: I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the...
  10. [Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.: As the topics aid above ,I have a problem with dual monitor via HDMI. I want to connect my laptop to the second monitor via HDMI cable. I can connect it with out any problem but the the second is display Not optimus , recommend 1600*900 60Hz And the font in the...