Windows 10: Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features

Discus and support Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 Pro a week ago on a new PC and everything was fine. Today I moved all my data and installed a couple of applications -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gravi0774, Jul 6, 2018.

1. gravi0774 Win User

Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features

I installed Windows 10 Pro a week ago on a new PC and everything was fine. Today I moved all my data and installed a couple of applications - Lightroom, Quicken, etc. There hve been NO Windows update in a week. Suddenly I find that:

- Right click on start menu does nothing

- Win X key is disabkled

- Can't get to Control Panel unless I run "control.exe"

Looks like my account (admin) has a policy enabled. Do I need to re-install Windows?

Thx

:)

gravi0774, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 6, 2018
  3. How to turn off/ disable touch screen feature in Windows 10?

Hi Issac,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touch screen feature on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do lets us know the make and model of your device?

Follow the below steps to disable touch screen feature:

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Pen and touch icon.
    • Click on Touch tab.
    • Uncheck the checkbox next to Use your finger as an input device.
    • Click Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features - Similar Threads - Help Please Disabled

2. Please Help, Need To Disable New News/Ad Feature - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help, Need To Disable New News/Ad Feature - Windows 10: I have to get rid of the new brightly colored news/ad tab beside the Search section. My mouse constantly slides the cursor over it and this brings up a window on news. It is very problematic for me. I am sick of it. I need this feature disabled. Does anyone know how I can...
  3. Please Help, Need To Disable New News/Ad Feature - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help, Need To Disable New News/Ad Feature - Windows 10: I have to get rid of the new brightly colored news/ad tab beside the Search section. My mouse constantly slides the cursor over it and this brings up a window on news. It is very problematic for me. I am sick of it. I need this feature disabled. Does anyone know how I can...
  4. Please Help, Need To Disable New News/Ad Feature - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cortana is disabled Please help

in Cortana
    Cortana is disabled Please help: I need help whenever i go on Cortana it just says "Cortana is disabled" is there anything i can download to reset Cortana or something Please help me I need to use Cortana...
  6. Cortana is disabled Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is disabled Please help: I need help whenever i go on Cortana it just says "Cortana is disabled" is there anything i can download to reset Cortana or something Please help me I need to use Cortana...
  7. Cortana is disabled Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please help me disable this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me disable this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jonbalooshi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcf3mn/please_help_me_disable_this/
  9. Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.: I used the following commands I found online (at this link) to disable Windows Security but it is causing issues after the most recent Windows update. How do I reverse these commands and get Windows Security back to normal? In the command prompt, type: reg add...
  10. Please help me disable Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please help me disable Windows Update: Just yesterday, I used the Run command (or whatever function it is) to go into the different Windows services to disable certain ones I've been told I don't need. I also disabled Windows Update because I've gotten totally fed up with getting updates and then having my...