Windows 10: Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

Discus and support Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi There, I am now stumped .............. Background: 1) Have previously upgraded & dumped a Win7_64 Ult [SlicBios] into Win10_64 Pro and achieved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stanhere, Dec 28, 2015.

1. stanhere Win User

Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

Hi There, I am now stumped ..............

Background:
    1) Have previously upgraded & dumped a Win7_64 Ult [SlicBios] into Win10_64 Pro and achieved successful online activation.

2) Following 1) & starting with a 'fresh' {OFFLINE} install of W10_64 Pro, whereby I tweaked & added a successive number of programs etc to create a series of ever-larger, incremental, un-activated backup images.

3) Overall, I ended up with total of a chain-of-eight, un-activated images, all created on \ from the same machine & unaltered hardware ...throughout 1) & 2) above.

Dilemma:
    Though I can now delete & restore any of the 1st six images [on the same computer] and repeatedly achieve near-instantaneous online activation, my latest two, more complete backups; #7 & # 8 will NOT activate.

Tried & Failed:
    Have twice tried in-vain to back-door an activation solution for images #7 & #8, to wit; Used 'gatherosstate.exe' on my 6th backup image AFTER its online activation to create a {clean/good?} 'GenuineTicket.xml' file.

Then after restoring to my 7th or 8th image, I copied over this 'special' XML file to the correct ....... Clipsvc\GenuineTicket directory, AFTER first stopping Windows 10 "clip service". Thereafter, I rebooted [which re-started clipservice] and connected to the internet. Voila!!!!!!, but NO activation success!

HELP Please:
    It may well be that I briefly went online during a net-framework or new program install after my 6th & before my 7th backup image.

In any event, does anyone know of a viable work-around to activate my final two (7th or 8th) backups?

Thanks-for-Listening & Happy New Year,

:)

stanhere, Dec 28, 2015

2. How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

hello my name sahil please my help to how to actived win10

sahilsimarnjeet, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

1. Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery - Similar Threads - Help Please Win10

2. the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help: Hi, so long story short, I bought The Sims 4 today on Origin. To play it you need to download the launcher, so I tried, but then a message popped up and said something like ''MSVCP140.dlll is missing, delete the program and reinstall it to fix the issue.'' I did, and it still...
  3. PLEASE HELP SOLVE MYSTERY

PLEASE HELP SOLVE MYSTERY: For about two months now my Dell Latitude E5570 has been giving me an extremely hard time. Before I get into detail of the issues at hand, I have combed through thread after thread and I can't find any resolution to my problems, or really even something close to what I'm...
  4. win10 to win10 network credentials mystery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 to win10 network credentials mystery: I have a media server that is running win10. I just got a new win10 machine in my office and I'd like full access to the shares on the media server. I go to the media server and open credentials manager and add the credentials for the new machine machine name, local...
  5. Help with Win10 BSOD please

Help with Win10 BSOD please: I have ongoing BSOD problem. The machine restarts randomly, between 2 and 48 hours apart. I have updated all of the software and drivers I can find. I haven't had much luck finding anything from the memory dump file. Can anyone assist please? Memory dump analysis is here:...
  6. Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery: [ATTACH] Inherited PC. Person that died was educated in computers. Trying to wipe PC clean for personal use. I get stuck at the screen below every time. Disables my mouse and keyboard to select anything. I think he rigged it to be this way. I burned a Win10 ISO USB to wipe...
  7. need help with activation PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need help with activation PLEASE HELP: Hello my name is Landon and I have been trying to activate windows on my computer for a while now , I received my PC as a gift and when I got it windows 10 Pro had already been installed on it, all of a sudden windows has stopped working , and will not reactivate , the...
  8. Activation help please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation help please.: Hey! I'm Kyle and I need help with something, I have got a new computer now so I don't use my old one as much but my old computer was activated. My new computer isn't activated so I was wondering if I can get rid of the activation on my old computer and get it back on the...
  9. Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help: Since a couple of weeks now i have the command prompt popping up every hour or two. It's just a flicker, gone so fast that i cannot read what is causing the popup (the prompt seems empty btw). I looked in Task Scheduler but there are no tasks shown that did run in the last...
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590