Windows 10: Help please!

Discus and support Help please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have been having some issues since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a couple of months ago, and for some reason never put together... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Niveus, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Niveus Win User

Help please!

Hi everyone,

I have been having some issues since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a couple of months ago, and for some reason never put together the upgrade with the issue.

This is in part due to the fact that it originally only happened when I played League of Legends. Whenever I would load into the game (full screen), both of my monitors would go completely black. I could still hear the sound inside of the game, but was unable to see anything, or do anything (could not alt tab for example). I exhausted support from the LoL support team, and they suggested it could be a hardware issue. I did some more research, and found that some had issues similar to this due to a cpu over heating issue. So I went and got some new cpu heating paste, put it on, and tried it again. It worked for one match, and then the issue started up again. Now it is affecting other programs, and is driving me insane!

I thought it was the driver, so I tried to uninstall all of my drivers, and roll it back, didn't work, so I went back to fully upgraded drivers, still didn't work. Now a friend has told me that it could be the windows 10 free upgrade because the upgrade is very buggy as its effectively a mask and causes a lot of issues. Was really hoping I could get some help with this. Thanks in advance!

:)

Niveus, Feb 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Feb 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Help please!

Your friend needs to zip it. Windows 10 upgrade is not buggy. Your friend is the one who is buggy by sticking their nose in on something that does not help you out. Regardless of the upgrade from 8 to 10, the Display should still work. My guess is that the LOL config still thinks that it is trying to run in Windows 8.

This issue is common when upgrading from 7 or 8 to 10. The best way around the problem is to do a Fresh install of Windows 10, by downloading the latest ISO from microsoft.com and burn to a DVD, then install Windows 10 as a clean install. Then install all programs would be the best way around the problem and you should be back in business.

See this. Will Windows 10 and League of Legends be Friends? - GARENA LOL SUPPORT

It appears that even Garena does not even have a clue in how to make their product compatible with Windows 10.

bro67, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

Help please!

1. Help please! - Similar Threads - Help please

2. tpm2 problem can you help me please/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tpm2 problem can you help me please/: tpm2 problem can you help me please windows 11 23h2 won't inssall even though TPM2 is enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm2-problem-can-you-help-me-please/170ed9af-8ff0-4ccc-9596-5e63c9c129e7
  3. tpm2 problem can you help me please/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tpm2 problem can you help me please/: tpm2 problem can you help me please windows 11 23h2 won't inssall even though TPM2 is enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm2-problem-can-you-help-me-please/170ed9af-8ff0-4ccc-9596-5e63c9c129e7
  4. Loud short continuous loud beep please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud short continuous loud beep please help me: My gaming laptop is working fine but after being on it for a while it starts to make loud short continuous beeps. I don't know what it is or why or how to fix it. This has only started on the 17th April 2024....
  5. Loud short continuous loud beep please help me

Loud short continuous loud beep please help me: My gaming laptop is working fine but after being on it for a while it starts to make loud short continuous beeps. I don't know what it is or why or how to fix it. This has only started on the 17th April 2024....
  6. Help me to unblocked my computer please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me to unblocked my computer please: My computer is blocked for security reasons but I don’t know what to do, someone could help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-unblocked-my-computer-please/ee98eafd-eacf-4be8-b4b0-ebcc6e681d5f
  7. Help me to unblocked my computer please

Help me to unblocked my computer please: My computer is blocked for security reasons but I don’t know what to do, someone could help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-unblocked-my-computer-please/ee98eafd-eacf-4be8-b4b0-ebcc6e681d5f
  8. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.: Hi! Microsoft Community Team This is Rukhsar husain. I am facing some problems related to WiFi signal, Internet connection with devices and my phone from 2 days. I am not able to solving this problem I try to many time with multiple ways but didn't solve. Please please please...
  9. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.: Hi! Microsoft Community Team This is Rukhsar husain. I am facing some problems related to WiFi signal, Internet connection with devices and my phone from 2 days. I am not able to solving this problem I try to many time with multiple ways but didn't solve. Please please please...
  10. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing