Windows 10: Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter?

Discus and support Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've tried more times than I can count to update a friend's old laptop. It was stuck on 1703 and never installed 1709 due to a no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LadyDee, Aug 5, 2018.

1. LadyDee Win User

Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter?

Hello, I've tried more times than I can count to update a friend's old laptop. It was stuck on 1703 and never installed 1709 due to a no longer supported intel network wifi link. I finally did a fresh clean install of 1709 and ultimately purchased a TP-Link WIFI adapter and all was fine with 1709. Laptop network ability turned off.

So now I want to go from 1709 to 1803 and downloading and updating of course fails again.I want to try a clean install again. Here is my question.

I made a DVD with version 1803 (she has no usb boot). So, should I turn on the useless network switch or leave it off during an install? Also should I simply remove the USB WIFI adapter during the install or does Windows fresh install need to have it plugged in during the process? I will be formatting of course so the WIFI adapter probably won't even be able to work???

I do also have a 1709 install DVD so if all else fails, I can re-do that version but I'd like to try for 1803 just once.

Thank you for your advice, Donna

:)

LadyDee, Aug 5, 2018

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Aug 5, 2018
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter?

Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter?

1. Help Pls - Clean install network off - using usb adapter? - Similar Threads - Help Pls Clean

2. Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install: Good morning all, I'm doing a full CLEAN lnstall, I have my Windows OS Recovery USB Prepped' and all the Original Drivers Backed up to my ExHDD' In trying to find out is if I should Use the DELL recovery USB or the Windows recovery USB? its all about installing; replacing the...
  3. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, After clean installation of windows 10 I have this message. your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and we will restart for you. Stop code: critical process died. Then it goes back to a blue screen that says just a moment...
  4. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, I have to do a clean install of windows10 every 2 to 3 months now. I am doing something wrong here. My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 320. I follow all clean install instructions but when I get to the drivers page where u have to delete them all and choose where u want to...
  5. USB Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Network adapter: Hello, I have a laptop with windows 10 school license. Tha laptop has no lan plug rj45. I use it with wifi for online school, but I no longer have wireless, and I bought a plug and play usb lan adapter. Big surprise when I connect it to the laptop and windows told me that...
  6. Windows says I’m using a usb network adapter

Windows says I’m using a usb network adapter: [IMG]My computers been having a lot of internet problems and i noticed that the driver says im using a usb adapter but the adapter is internal also when i click on the wifi icon on the bottom right it only says network & internet settings change settings such as making a...
  7. Uh help with Network adapter?

Uh help with Network adapter?: So I have this odd issues every now and then were my Desktop will say my network is unidentified. Now my OS is Windows 10 and I use an Ethernet cable wired straight to my modem. Now I have two modems in my house, one connected to a router for WiFi access and the second one is...
  8. Help with Network Adapter & Sleep

Help with Network Adapter & Sleep: Hi there, Basically if my computer is in sleep mode for a while and i turn it back on, the network adapter disables itself. I then have to go into the network settings and activate the network adapter in order to get a connection. Why is this? and how do i fix it? I've...
  9. Clean install using USB, cannot verify key as no network

Clean install using USB, cannot verify key as no network: Having a frustrating day. My kids Windows 7 machine had major issues, so decided to do a fresh Windows7 install. Format disk etc. install worked, windows update did not. Would do nothing but say "checking for updates", for hours, and hours. Spent 6 hours trying to fix that...
  10. Clean install from usb help

Clean install from usb help: I have purchased Windows 10 home to do a clean install. I am able to boot from the usb and select custom for a clean install and seems to be setting up ok but when it get to the end it wants to go through the whole set up again. Can anybody help please? 87696