Windows 10: Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

Discus and support Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. I would like to download the latest version of Windows 10 and keep it in my pen drive. The normal way to do that is download it using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdityaSoni, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

Greetings.

I would like to download the latest version of Windows 10 and keep it in my pen drive. The normal way to do that is download it using Media Creation Tool and download the iso. But the problem here is my internet connection, which is damn too slow. It takes about 40 hours to download the whole 3-4 GB file. I have to use my internet for other purposes, hence cannot dedicate my entire bandwidth for 40 continuous hours to Windows 10.

I've been through the download process before, I wanted an iso of the anniversary update. I did download about two-third, and boom, power-cut. That's another problem in the place where I live. We have power outages. Randomly. It started downloading again from the start. So it took about 6 days to download. And I could not use my PC's net for anything else. I could but it was terribly annoying. I also play few online games. That was completely impossible in that week.

Now the question: is there any way to (reliably) pause or limit the download rate? Or any priority system so as to give my browser or steam higher priority than Media Creation Tool. I'm okay with keeping my pc on for more amount of time.

-Aditya Soni

:)

AdityaSoni, Apr 18, 2017

2. Downloading Windows 10 on a slow Internet connection

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to use an Ideal Internet Connection and Install Windows 10 using the media creation tool. Check the below link:
    Windows 10 herunterladen
    Suggest you to Use the media creation tool from the below link to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10, either to 32 or 64 bit download, as you require. You can also create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC with the same.

Download Windows 10

Also suggest you to refer the following wiki article created by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

Hope this will help you to fix the issue. Let us know in case of any concerns, we’re glad to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Downloading Windows 10 on a slow Internet connection

Downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet....Any Alternative..?

So, I have a slow internet connection. The download speed rarely goes up 40 kbps. I have a Win 8.1 Home 64 Bit ver.

Yesterday I got the notification that your Windows 10 is Downloading....Yay!! And it was already 82% done. Another Yay!!

So I waited for few more hours and after 100% it gives me an error and starts downloading from beginning....0% Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet. :(

So I keep the PC on for the whole night, This morning it is 67%... As the PC was on for a long time I gave it an hour off and when I turn it on, it starts from 0%....I thought it will resume from 67%.... but it did not...

It is not possible for me to download the whole 2701 MB package in one go.. And at last to find that it has corrupted and I've to download it again...

So what I'm asking is ..

1. Isn't it suppose to resume from where I leave it...? Am I missing something...?

2. What steps should I take to confirm that I don't get any errors and have to download it again. It did really happen one time but just want to be sure that it doesn't happen again...

Aditya Soni, Apr 18, 2017
  4. asusG Win User

Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

Hello

If there is a PC repair shop near your home , they should have high speed internet and be glad to download it for you while you wait. Bring proper media to save it and pay them for the time, which should be very little $$.
    good luck!
    welcome to the forum*Smile

asusG, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Thank you for such a quick reply. And also for welcoming. I'm merely a few hours new to the forum.

About your solution, Internet cafe's won't allow me to download anything beyond a few 100 MBs. Also, I'm from a remote location, (hence the slow net and power outages). Now going to the city for 3-4 gb... *Huhmight be worth it, but only if I'm out of options at my own place. *Smile

Are there any official torrents available for Windows 10. Those too will work for me *Party

AdityaSoni, Apr 18, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    I would try this tool Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool I don't know if it can resume a download though, I guess you would have to make sure you don't close the program.

There is a thread on Tenforums on a few ways to download Win 10, I would read all of posts to learn more.
    How to Download Creators Update ISO via MS w/o Media Creation Tool - - Windows 10 Forums

There is one way there that suggests you go into developer tools and spoof the browser to a Apple Ipad, that's the way I downloaded it. After I got the download link I used a download manager that can resume downloads

The Microsoft site says the download links only work for 24 hours so i'm not sure if it would work for you.

It's against TenForum rules to post Torrents, You probably could find one but you never know if its malware or not.

sml156, Apr 18, 2017
  7. Thank You. I'll give that tool a try.

And for torrents, I did say 'official' or legal. But if it's against the rules, I'm very much inclined to follow them. Thanks for notifying.

I'll reply in a few day about the suggested methods. Thanks again.

AdityaSoni, Apr 18, 2017
  8. Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

Okay so this works for me, when using Internet Download Manager. The link expires in 24 hours, but I use 'refresh the download link' feature in the 20th hour or so, and continue the download. I'm able to pause multiple times, without caring for data loss. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

-Aditya Soni

AdityaSoni, Apr 23, 2017
  9. sml156 Win User
    Your welcome I'm glad it worked.

This is the first I have heard of refreshing the link, I will have to remember that.

sml156, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

1. Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet. - Similar Threads - Help regarding downloading

2. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  3. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  4. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Internet download speed slow.

Internet download speed slow.: PC originally Win 8.1 - updated to Win 10. Have superfast broadband. Internet download speed significantly reduced/throttled. Can only be rectified by going into Safe Mode with Networking. What is the cause of this? Is it possible to restore full download speed in Normal...
  6. Regarding Windows 10 download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Regarding Windows 10 download: Hi , I have bought my laptop with lifetime free Windows 10 and Ms Office, now my OS crashed , how i can download my free OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-10-download/c885b909-4e55-442b-a3d7-fa6661f9549f
  7. Need help regarding internet sharing.

Need help regarding internet sharing.: Hello! I am a windows user. Recently I am experiencing the need to share mobile data from my laptop to other devices. I have a D-link modem via which I access Cellular data. Now I want to share this data via hotspot to my mobile. I have used the mobile hotspot function. But...
  8. slow internet download

slow internet download: Hi, first of all I am virtually computer illiterate so my apologies in advance. My internet download speed is randomly so SLOW. Sometimes, right when I start up my PC it will download fast but then it'll change to a very slow download speed that is frankly unacceptable. I...
  9. regarding windows 10 slow movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding windows 10 slow movement: hi, We have purchased new windows 10 for our computer but after the installation windows 10 our system is very very slow. Any command or software not working. The cursor buffering & buffering. Please resolve this problem?...
  10. Internet slows down on downloads.

Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296