Windows 10: Help regarding network and homegroup stuff

Discus and support Help regarding network and homegroup stuff in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 Home (I believe?) to Windows 10 using the manual upgrade program. It installed just fine. I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlueWisp, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BlueWisp Win User

Help regarding network and homegroup stuff

Hello,
    Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 Home (I believe?) to Windows 10 using the manual upgrade program. It installed just fine. I'm running Windows 10 right now. Having a blast, liking it more than W7.

Thing is, for some odd reason, I can't do too much stuff:
    - Can't activate Windows 10, keep getting a Try Again Later prompt.
    - Can't open the store nor use Edge. Store gives me an 0x80072ee7 error.
    - Can't use Windows Update, says that I'm not connected to the network.
    - Network and Sharing Center says that I'm not connected to any network. But I'm using a WiFi connection and I can access the internet just fine.

I googled a bit and nothing helped me.

Any idea what's happening? It's bothering me quite a bit.

HP ProBook 4530s Laptop. 4 GB RAM. 500 GB Hard Drive.

:)

BlueWisp, Aug 5, 2015

2. Homegroup setup won't accept password

Thank you for letting us know these details. Network sharing is the best workaround for this kind of scenario, since Home users do not have an option to create a homegroup. You can also check this article for future reference regarding the homegroup setup:

HomeGroup from start to finish

Feel free to write again if you need more help.

Regards.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Loraine Mon, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

You don't know which OS you were using before?

That laptop typically comes preinstalled with 7 Home Premium 64.

Uninstall anything related to hardware that you had installed in Windows 7. You might not be able to discern what you should uninstall.

If you screenshot tyour "Programs & Features" list maybe I can spot something.

Hydranix, Aug 5, 2015
  5. BlueWisp Win User
    Yeah that's the one I had. Didn't remember the name.

Is this a hardware problem? I had no troubles with Windows 7 at all.

BlueWisp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help regarding network and homegroup stuff - Similar Threads - Help regarding network

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Network stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network stuff: So a months ago we bought a wireless wifi, we used and it went fine, but a couple days later my wifi gets really wierd, it gets "spikes" if you know what i mean. Basically it would go to 8kbps when normally it should be 3-5 mpbs to 0kbps on repeat. Does anyone know how to fix...
  4. Network stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network stuff: So a months ago we bought a wireless wifi, we used and it went fine, but a couple days later my wifi gets really wierd, it gets "spikes" if you know what i mean. Basically it would go to 8kbps when normally it should be 3-5 mpbs to 0kbps on repeat. Does anyone know how to fix...
  5. Network stuff

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  7. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  8. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  9. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  10. Homegroup Problems - Help

Homegroup Problems - Help: I've updated two of four PCs from Win 7 home premium to Win 10. The Win 10 PCs can see each other on the network, are not able to access each other. Attempts to access results in an error message that reads to recheck the name of the device or check with the network...