Windows 10: [Help] Remote Desktop Connection

Discus and support [Help] Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you modify the 'Remote Desktop Connection' application to login as the host account rather than remote account? For example, My main PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomMartow, Jan 16, 2016.

1. TomMartow Win User

[Help] Remote Desktop Connection

How do you modify the 'Remote Desktop Connection' application to login as the host account rather than remote account?

For example,
    My main PC shall be called the remote account and the HTPC downstairs will be called the host account.
    On my Main PC, I will remote into the HTPC downstairs and move some stuff around. When I turn the display on for my HTPC downstairs I come to a lock screen. I don't have a Mouse and Keyboard for this PC and I don't want one, there is enough remotes etc downstairs.
    To fix this problem before, I have had splash top installed where I will remote in from my phone or main PC and unlock the HTPC and then all it good.
    RDC is the fastest and most stable of them all so I would prefer to use that.
    Is there anything I can do?

:)

TomMartow, Jan 16, 2016

2. How do I set up remote access on windows 10

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would like to Remote Desktop Connection is only available on Windows 10 Professional.

I suggest you to refer to the article “Connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Connection”, and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ect-using-remote-desktop-connection=windows-7

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 16, 2016
  3. ej0924 Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection Manager and .vdp file?

I'd like to use Remote Desktop Connection Manager to connect to a remote desktop. However, I have to access the remote desktop through an .rdp file. Is there some way to use Remote Desktop Connection Manager with this file?

Thanks!

ej0924, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Tom, welcome to the Ten Forums.

The easiest solution to do would be to use the tscon command on the remote host, your HTPC, as told at the end of Part Three in the Ten Forums tutorial RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

[Help] Remote Desktop Connection [​IMG]
    Tip To unlock the remote host automatically when you finish the remote session, give this command in an elevated command prompt on the remote host:

Code: tscon 1 /dest:console[/quote] This will end the remote session and unlock the remote host, restoring the current local user's desktop.
    Instead of disconnecting the remote connection as usual, run the tscon command on remote host. If you want to make it simpler you can create a shortcut for the tscon command on remote host desktop.

5. TomMartow Win User
    This will end the remote session and unlock the remote host, restoring the current local user's desktop.[/quote]
    Instead of disconnecting the remote connection as usual, run the tscon command on remote host. If you want to make it simpler you can create a shortcut for the tscon command on remote host desktop.

Kari Can I not make this happen automatically?

TomMartow, Jan 18, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Please, how much more automatically you think it could be made?

If you followed my suggestion in my last post you have a shortcut on your remote host desktop to run the tscon command by double clicking it. Instead of closing the remote session from your remote client with one mouse click and leaving the remote host showing the Welcome screen, you'd need to use a double click instead on remote host to automatically close the remote session and sign the current user back in on remote host. A double click instead of a single click.

Short of the remote desktop connection telepathically monitoring your thoughts and closing the session and signing the current user in on the remote host as soon as you think of it, it can't be more automatic. Sadly the telepathy and computers work not well together.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [Help] Remote Desktop Connection - Similar Threads - Help Remote Desktop

2. Help with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Remote Desktop Connection: I can RDP to my computer name - MAIN-PC from within the LAN. I use microsoft account to logon normally. I can RDP to the MAIN-PC computer from WAN but got the "remote desktop connection your credentials did not work" error. I know the password and the logon name is correct...
  3. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  5. remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote desktop connection: Hello --- I just installed a norton360 I had on the computer Norton Security and now with N360 I can seem to access that computer using the "remote desktop connection" tool ---- that OS is WIn10/Pro which supports remote access Is there a way to tell if the ports used...
  6. Help with remote desktop connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with remote desktop connecting: I am setting up my work computer so I can remote log in from home & work from home. I have everything set up & working via the built in remote desktop app on my laptop however the issue I am having is when I remote in the computer I am remoting into gets logged out which is...
  7. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  8. Remote DeskTop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote DeskTop Connection: I‘m trying to connect remote desktop win7 with my win10 PC. But I find there is no password entry box. I've no idea how to continue. Is there a good solution? Thanks for attention.[ATTACH]...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...