Windows 10: Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

Discus and support Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ouch. Hopefully slipstick will have answer. Real long shot, wonder if it has to do with support, 2007 being off. Shouldn't but I wonder. Hope... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

Ouch.

Hopefully slipstick will have answer. Real long shot, wonder if it has to do with support, 2007 being off. Shouldn't but I wonder.

Hope if you get an answer you will post back here. Would be interested in outcome.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
  2. rwsadd Win User

Not win 10 but please can anyone explain in mega simple terms how to remove this cr*** from my sister's win7 laptop, don't even know how it got there (wouldn't be so bad if it displayed mail correctly instead of being totally broken and takes some deciphering).
    She is with plusnet I googled this and found some answers but goes straight over my head so any answer needs to be very simple please.
    I'd be very grateful for any help.

:)

rwsadd, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Please Help Removing a Device (work computer) from my Microsoft Account

The computer is not a Microsoft account computer. I do not want to access my stuff on this device and I do not want others to either. I am currently using my personal computer and I am next to the work desktop.

BUT the stuff on the work computer on the desktop is under my personal Microsoft sign in. That stuff needs to be accessible to the next "staff" that uses the work desktop.

If I do as you suggest, does the stuff on my screen stay there?

What happens when I remove the work desktop from my Microsoft account?

Connie AVaughn, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

Please Help Removing a Device (work computer) from my Microsoft Account

I signed in to my Microsoft account on a work computer in order to access my files. Now Microsoft/Windows thinks it is MY computer, but it is not. What happens when I click "Remove Device" from my Microsoft "Manage Microsoft Account-Manage Devices page?

They have totally screwed up what devices are mine. One computer I do not even have anymore, it doesn't recognize the replacement at all. And my original 8.1, isn't listed at all, but I can get into Microsoft with it.

Connie AVaughn, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Clintlgm, Apr 12, 2018
  6. I believe your sister is using webmail and within webmail she installed squirrel mail.

I imagine you go to their site, enter credentials and login. That is where you see Squirrel mail.

I would call plusnet and ask them to fix / reset / adjust her account.

(Answered to save you having to get new account.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  7. rwsadd Win User
    Thank you for the reply, she has asked Plusnet who don't seem to have a clue what to do.
    I will see if I can visit Squirrel site and logon but not knowing she had installed this I don't know what logon is, her lap top is going into PC repair shop in morning as she now has a problem whereby sometimes when booting it can find user profile and goes into safe mode, if you re-boot it'll the go normally.
    I assume somehow registry has somehow gotten corrupted, (probably her ruddy boyfriend shutting down whilst it's doing a windows update or something).
    I have an issue myself actually, I'm running win10 on my desktop with MS office 2007 using outlook for email, my problem is that it used to show thumbnails (saved searches in eBay etc') after allowing to download images.
    Now even after allowing and checking all settings finding no obvious reasons for this it won't show pictures and have to open everything to see what they are (ruddy frustrating).
    Thanks in advance.
    Richard

rwsadd, Apr 12, 2018
  8. Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

Just to be sure.

I assume she starts a browser and head to website, plusnet, where she logs in and that is where she encounters Squirrel.

Is that correct?

Or is she clicking on an app?

Would be interested to know which browser she is using, maybe this is an extension ( or Add on ) that we can remove.

For your issue check your trust Center setting in Outlook. Trust Center... (been a while since I've had 2007) Click file, then Options, should be a bottom of list.

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  9. rwsadd Win User
    She is logging into Plus net as far as we know, some mails come into her correct plus net inbox but some go to squirrelmail, as I said it doesn't display properly either, one thing plus net did say was that it is because win7 doesn't support it??.
    As for outlook settings look OK see picture

rwsadd, Apr 12, 2018
  10. If she is logging in then Plusnet has to fix. Ask for second level support (which will offend first level) and sometimes you have to push firmly.

See picture.

So have you added ebay to safe senders? The very first check mark says DON'T, second line says it is okay if safe sender, third line if in Trusted Zone.

Caledon Ken, Apr 13, 2018
  11. rwsadd Win User
    I've tried without tick in first and no different
    Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please [​IMG]

rwsadd, Apr 13, 2018
  12. rwsadd Win User
    Sorry forgot to say she's using internet explorer

rwsadd, Apr 13, 2018
  13. Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

Okay for sister open IE, click on gear, click on Manage Add-on. See under any of the heading if you see anything squirrel. Likely in first section Tool Bars and extensions.

For you I would run disk cleanup to get rid of and temporary cache info. Right click C:, properties, in General tab is cleanup.

Please also ensure your AV is disabled the next time you test just for the test.

slipstick.com is a great resource for all things Outlook.

14. rwsadd Win User
    Hello again
    Looked in "manage extension" in her browser but no mention of squirrel anywhere.
    As for my outlook I've tried clearing cache before, I've now done a clean up as you suggest and disabled AV but to no avail.
    I've now joined forum on slipstick and will be posting later as now getting ready to go out to tea.
    Thank you for assistance.
    Richard

rwsadd, Apr 13, 2018
  15. Hopefully they will have answers on Outlook.

You might try the process to add to "Safe Senders"

Squirrel mail is looking more and more like plusnet issue.

Thema:

Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please

1. Help removing squirrellmail from win7 please - Similar Threads - Help removing squirrellmail

2. Please help me to remove a infected pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me to remove a infected pc.: My dad's pc was infected. I suspect it was Trojan, keyboards are malfunctioned some keys like 'a s d g h 4' worked but do not show this alphabets instead it shows ā ś ḍ ĝ and rupee symbol. I do not know how to fix please help. Cannot connect to wifi or open any programs....
  3. Please help me to remove a infected pc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help me to remove a infected pc.: My dad's pc was infected. I suspect it was Trojan, keyboards are malfunctioned some keys like 'a s d g h 4' worked but do not show this alphabets instead it shows ā ś ḍ ĝ and rupee symbol. I do not know how to fix please help. Cannot connect to wifi or open any programs....
  4. Help me remove excludeproc.d please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me remove excludeproc.d please!: I've had this issue for a while now, where my pc would run very slow unless I had task manager opened. No virus scanner I tried could find anything, until a few days ago when the Windows Security Scanner found "VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D". Every time I delete it through...
  5. Help me remove excludeproc.d please!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me remove excludeproc.d please!: I've had this issue for a while now, where my pc would run very slow unless I had task manager opened. No virus scanner I tried could find anything, until a few days ago when the Windows Security Scanner found "VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D". Every time I delete it through...
  6. I cannot remove this from my recent. Help me remove it please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot remove this from my recent. Help me remove it please.: [ATTACH] I'm trying to remove it from recent activity but it isn't going. How can I remove it? Please help me. https://preview.redd.it/paiihs9s8bk61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=999a26f78cf4c6b0eec4f5b66fb6cb2b218af878 submitted by /u/Novice358 [link]...
  7. PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account: I am super frustrated and about to throw the laptop out the window and go buy Apple instead. I am just about done with Microsoft. I initially set-up my daughter's laptop Dell Inspiron 14-5000 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop i3 with screen time, but would now like to remove it. On...
  8. Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10: I'm slightly confused about importing my old Win7 Outlook.pst into my new Win10 with Outlook 2016. There are already about 3 weeks of emails and addresses on the new Win10 Home and I simply want to ADD the same from my Win7 so the Win10 will have the combination of both....
  9. can someone please help remove this icon please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can someone please help remove this icon please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuttus92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emt78e/can_someone_please_help_remove_this_icon_please/
  10. Help me please with removing icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me please with removing icons.: Are there any regedit settings or a Windows 10 taskbar tweaker like that of Windows 7 that can perform the following as I have searched in vain and found nothing so far. Simply, I would like to remove permanently (not disable) from the far right of the taskbar the "show...