Windows 10: Help required re ID Error 414

Discus and support Help required re ID Error 414 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gwladok5, Apr 28, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Help required re ID Error 414

Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this.

I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't fathom out how to clear it. I've tried Windows components in Programs but only Media Player is showing. There is no mention of any Media process running in task manager or task scheduler. I have run Autoruns & unticked everything I can see highlighted in yellow. I have deleted various 3kb files in System32/tasks/microsoft/windows/media center but these reappear after rebooting. I have searched the Registry but cannot find any reference to MCUpdate.exe which I suspect is recreating the items i've deleted. I can't see any ref to the exe at all on my system.

HELP!!!!

:)

gwladok5, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 28, 2016
  3. After update to win10 mediacenter removed but tasks from tasksheduler related with mediacenter not cleared

NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscoveryW1 error: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe.

and other events with ID 414;

Maybe will helpfull for other people; and maybe ms will apply fixes in future;

max optimus, Apr 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please make a screenshot of the event log you mean and post it, this makes it clearer for us.
    A little research shows that this event log is about a configuration problem with the DNS server, I can't confirm this since I don't have this event ID + the research shows that it applies to Windows 2008.

5. axe0 New Member
    Could you make a screenshot of the tasks in task scheduler Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ and post it please.

6. gwladok5 Win User
    Sorry AXEO, where is that? In Task Scheduler itself?

gwladok5, Apr 28, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    That is in task scheduler itself yes, an easy way to open task scheduler: search "taskschd.msc" (without quotes)

8. gwladok5 Win User

Sorry, cannot see a specific section Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\

gwladok5, Apr 28, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Double click on 'Task Scheduler Library' in the left upper corner, then double click 'Microsoft', then double click on 'Windows' and then on 'Media Center'.
    Attachment 77404
    I don't have the Media Center part which is why it isn't showing in the picture.

10. axe0 New Member
    Alright, there it is the PeriodicScanRetry task.
    Please select this task and make screenshots of the following parts
    • General,
    • Triggers,
    • Action,
    • Condition,
    • Settings
    Also see if the MCUpdate.exe file is present in following directory
    %windir%\ehome\

11. axe0 New Member
    Is the file present in the directory?

12. axe0 New Member
    The problem is a missing file, the task can't be performed due to the missing file what causes the event error to show up.
    See if a reinstall or repair or something of media center/player helps.

13. gwladok5 Win User

Thanks but I thought Media Center is dead in Windows 10?

gwladok5, Apr 29, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    What was your previous OS?
    I suspect you had Media Center installed in your previous OS? and the tasks just haven't been removed

I wouldn't call it 'dead', but yes it isn't supported for Window 10 + removed when doing the upgrade (which I forgot about, thanks for the heads up *Smile ).

15. gwladok5 Win User
    Thanks for all your help. I will look for a Windows Media Center download & report back. Can I be really cheeky & ask for your help on the remaining event error?

gwladok5, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Help required re ID Error 414 - Similar Threads - Help required Error

2. Case ID: 1050527433 Re-activation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Case ID: 1050527433 Re-activation issues: I tried this but nothing worked but it did remove the product key:slmgr.vbs /upkslui 4After reusing the troubleshooting, it still says that I have a different digital license but I neither signed in to windows 11 nor applied any manual activation....
  3. Help required

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help required: I was running the insider 19645 build till this morning but then i got a notifcation saying this build of windows is going to expire soon, i then updated to 20161 but the notification didn't go away Edit: I'm on Windows 10 Preview Release Pls help me submitted by...
  4. Help required on error code 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help required on error code 0x80070424: This error has become persistent now, even after formatting my PC twice. I have Googled this error, and the resolved searches on this site don't help. I have attached images of commands performed from previous help threads from this site. Let me explain Hardware Custom...
  5. Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors: Hello all. I am just sitting here stunned. I have the same error repeating over and over. I stopped counting them after 1000. My guess is that there at least 5 thousand of these things (maybe 10). Its in the Application log of my event viewer. There is one every second since...
  6. Re: error -- The image part with relationship ID rid24 was not found in the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re: error -- The image part with relationship ID rid24 was not found in the file: I have an extensive set of notes constructed from text plus images copied and pasted with the Snip tool on Windows 10 Pro. Suddenly, all of those images are blank except for the error message above. Essentially, that's many, many hours of work down the tubes. My...
  7. several error id 513 & 8193 help

in Windows 10 Support
    several error id 513 & 8193 help: Hi i start to get this errors first id error 513 source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Code: Encryption service can not process the OnIdentity () call in the object writer system. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer...
  8. 414 Events for MCUpdate

in Windows 10 Support
    414 Events for MCUpdate: "Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PeriodicScanRetry definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %windir%\ehome\MCUpdate.exe." i seem to have acquired these in my events log, but use NOD32, never used McAffee - how do...
  9. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 Support
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  10. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error: I'm getting the following error: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe. <Event...