Windows 10: Help required with Networking/router

Discus and support Help required with Networking/router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hope someone can help. I'm getting to grips with my new Cambridge CXN streamer. I'm ok with connecting an external USB stick to my PC as the CXN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gwladok5, Sep 8, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Help required with Networking/router

Hope someone can help.

I'm getting to grips with my new Cambridge CXN streamer.

I'm ok with connecting an external USB stick to my PC as the CXN recognises this through my Windows 10 library.

However, when I connect the stick to my (BT) router, although Windows sees it in the Network section & I can access it & play music, when I try to add the stick to the library, it says its not indexed.

There doesn't seem to be a way of adding the stick to the index section for Windows to include it when plugged into the router.

Is there a solution to this?

:)

gwladok5, Sep 8, 2016

2. Cant connect to network

It could be that your router or network is using a specific band requirement? Do you know what band (AC, N, G) your router is configured to use and what your network adapter on your computer is using?

MikeSnyder61704, Sep 8, 2016
  3. DWO'sXbox Win User
    Focus will sometimes disconnect from wireless networks and refuse to reconnect

Like the title says. My phone will connect to a network just fine (thus far with my work network and my home router, both secured), but then after awhile disconnect and when I go to reconnect it gives the "phone couldn't connect to wifi network" screen.
    I know I have the password right.

Anyway, I've got a Belkin router, which is broadcasting my SSID, the router will allow all 802.11 devices, and it does not require static IP address or filter any MAC addresses.

Help?

DWO'sXbox, Sep 8, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

If you map the drive you should be able to index it.

sml156, Sep 8, 2016
  5. gwladok5 Win User
    Any chance of you talking me through that?!!

gwladok5, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Sep 9, 2016
  7. gwladok5 Win User
    Thanks for the reminder about Tutorials Kbird!! The drive is now showing: Music(\\bthub4\usb3) (Z*Smile

I can also add this to The Library but for some reason I can't add it to the Indexing section. My Cambridge CXN streamer doesn't find it on the network.

Any clues?

& Thanks

gwladok5, Sep 9, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help required with Networking/router - Similar Threads - Help required Networking

2. Router and network indicating differently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router and network indicating differently.: New RAC2V1S router to serve as router and server for 6 movie HDD's via USB. Router reports nothing connected to WiFi but all my PC's show in net on PC. Router does not show in net but streams the movies all of which list on my movie player. Why does router not show up in net...
  3. Help with Windows Network with Two Routers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Windows Network with Two Routers: I'm struggling to setup my home network using a new router I just bought, and could really use some help. The basic architecture is I have a cable model plugged into a Netgear router in my office. That is hardwired to a few devices and has an ethernet cable running to my...
  4. Network list of neighbors routers

Network list of neighbors routers: In the lower right corner of the screen when I click network settings, there is a list of wi-fi's from my neighbor's around me. Can I delete this list or hide it?...
  5. Networking with 10 and router

Networking with 10 and router: I have a Dell and Lenovo desktop connected with a router. The Lenovo can access the Dell files. The Dell can ping the Dell by name or IP but can't access the files. Message says to check with system admin. I have checked everything I can think of but no change. What else...
  6. Need help to restore my "wifi" routers as available networks.

Need help to restore my "wifi" routers as available networks.: Help........ I did a Windows 10 update today and the option for "wifi" on my computer is gone. My "wifi" routers are fine and every other device in the household is working and connecting just fine. I have already rebooted everything. It's not that. I have reinstalled...
  7. router help

router help: is it possible someone can tell me where to go and get help with a router setup. I bought a used router off ebay and I think I need software . I am a total dummy when trying this. The type is a Linksys mod. WRT54G v5. Thanks Ben 72551
  8. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  9. Running a network without a router

Running a network without a router: Our holiday cottage will soon have a Dell Small Form Factor Windows 10 Pro PC. It would be handy if visitors could access the PC via WiFi, but would that necessarily involve having a router? I've worked with routers ever since the inception of Ethernet, but I've never come...
  10. Phantom router on network

Phantom router on network: Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is. Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the...