Windows 10: Help retrieving Microsoft Office 2013 product keys.

Discus and support Help retrieving Microsoft Office 2013 product keys. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I need help on retrieving a microsoft office product key. I'd upgraded my sister's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without saving any of its... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Perseides, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Perseides Win User

Help retrieving Microsoft Office 2013 product keys.

I need help on retrieving a microsoft office product key.

I'd upgraded my sister's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without saving any of its files (clean install). Now I was told that she does not know her microsoft office keys.

Is there any way for me to retrieve the keys? It's a student key which was given by her Uni and she does not keep the keys.

:)

Perseides, Oct 13, 2015
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Asus Vivo Smart Tab - windows reset

Can you please follow the below procedure and confirm that you are able to retrieve your Office 2013 Product Key, to be saved and used for your further installation?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-your-micro...

Ugo Lopez, Oct 13, 2015
  3. ConnieYX Win User
    Did upgrading to Windows 10 cause my Office 2013 to deactivate?

Did upgrading to Windows 10 deactivate Microsoft Office 2013?

I purchased a computer with Windows 8 on it 2 years ago. Since then I have been using Microsoft Office 2013 with no problems. I upgraded to Windows 10 and in the past month I have been receiving count down messages when I use Word that my product is set
    to expire in xxxx of days. Today it expired and Word now only works as a read only program. I tried to reactivate it but I received a notification saying I needed the product key. I don't have the product key. In a conversation I had with Microsoft (in which
    they said there was nothing they could do), they suggested I contact HP, the maker of my PC, to see if they had the product key since I know I did purchase a subscription (there is no record of it in my Microsoft account) and I don't remember downloading or
    installing Office at the time I set up my computer.

I called HP and with my product information, they confirmed that indeed, Windows and Office came pre-installed. HP offered to retrieve the product key on my computer for me for $99. They also said that Windows 10 had caused Office 2013 to be deactivated.

I did a search and found a tool to retrieve my product keys. Two keys were found for Windows 10 and for Windows OEM. The key for Windows OEM didn't work and I received a message from Microsoft saying that: The Product Key entered was not recognized as a valid
    Product Key. Please check the characters entered and try again. You may need to use www.office.com/setup instead to download your new Office product. Or you may be entering a Product Key for an older version of Office that uses a different download site. If
    you need further assistance, please contact support to get additional information.

I contacted Microsoft Tech help again with my new information and they said I need to contact Microsoft Office Help. I did and I re-explained the problem to them. They said I should contact HP. When I asked if there was anything else I could do there was a
    long wait and then the call terminated (I was hung up on.).

At one point it was suggested that the problem was related to a problem with the upgrade process not with Windows 10 itself. I did have problems upgrading and had to contact Microsoft to upgrade a second time.

Is there anything else I can do to get my Office 2013 back?

Thanks for any suggestions or help in advance.

ConnieYX, Oct 13, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Backup? Otherwise ask the university.

altae, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Help retrieving Microsoft Office 2013 product keys. - Similar Threads - Help retrieving Microsoft

2. how to retrieve ms office product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to retrieve ms office product key: I purchased MS Office 2016 but never activated it as I ended up working on another system. I would now like to activate it on another laptop. How do I retrieve the product key?...
  3. how to retrieve ms office product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to retrieve ms office product key: I purchased MS Office 2016 but never activated it as I ended up working on another system. I would now like to activate it on another laptop. How do I retrieve the product key?...
  4. how to retrieve ms office product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  6. product key retrieval

product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  7. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  8. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Hi, I have reset my computer and can´t remember the product key for my MS Office - student. I made the purchase online. Have gone through my email but still can´t find it. How can I retrieve it?...
  9. product key retrieval

product key retrieval: Tricky question : I have a surface pro3 purchased with original OEM version of Win10 home. Boxes thrown away years ago. It was upgraded by corporate IT to Win10 enterprise and in doing so they completely wiped the restore drive. I now wish to use this PC with Win10 home...
  10. Microsoft office 2013 licence key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office 2013 licence key: Hi, how do i find the licence for the installed Microsoft office 2013? Thank you 77780