Windows 10: Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!"

Discus and support Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Is it cables or my devices -- I have decent wifi speed on both 2.4 and 5 GZH band, and WAN Ethernet of 1 Gb but the 2 LAN port I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!"

Hi there

Is it cables or my devices -- I have decent wifi speed on both 2.4 and 5 GZH band, and WAN Ethernet of 1 Gb but the 2 LAN port I'm using on the router only show 100 mb

Any ideas (I have to have LAN for those 2 pieces of kit).

Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!" [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 5, 2016

2. NetworkUXbroker.exe Runtime error

Hi Rajiv,

For me the wifi worked the same before and after the fix.

Regards,

Keshav.

KeshavRathi, Sep 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration

I'm running windows 10 and my computer is unable to be directly connected to the internet always comes up with "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I tried multiple cables and restart the computer and router multiple times still doesn't work.
    I am able to connect to WiFi on the same router and same computer, but they are slower . so could i get help to get my Ethernet cable to work

coreypidgeon, Sep 5, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

I have had that happen with a bad cable, You could also try to uninstall and then reinstall your Lan card.

If I remember correctly you run other OS's in a virtual machine, You could assign that card to a virtual machine and see if it changes.

sml156, Sep 5, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    Check your routers manual for the specs for those LAN ports to make sure what they are. Then check for a router firmware update.

Plankton, Sep 5, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Cheap LAN cables -- I shouldn't be such a cheapskate --especially as the devices sit right under the TV next to the router -- 0.5 metre length plenty !!!

Fixed now -get full spec LAN cables if you want speed --I usually skimp on cables as they are often overpriced for what you actually need but in this case it definitely paid off to change them

Thanks
    !!

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!" - Similar Threads - Help router LANports

2. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  3. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  4. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  6. [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  7. 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz: I have a laptop with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Network Adapter version 12.0.0.938 . I have wifi network with 300mbps bandwidth. When i connect to 2.4Ghz network I get the speed of 150mbps but when i connect to 5Ghz network,I only get 72.2mbps. When i speedtest my iphone using...
  8. Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate)

Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate): I have contracted a plan of 50 megabytes and it was always wonderful until a few days that out of nowhere I started receiving only 6 megabytes, by cable. With the other devices over WIFI I am doing excellent and I enjoy the adequate speed. I clarify that I did not touch any...
  9. Wifi is Running 10x slower than Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi is Running 10x slower than Ubuntu.: The wireless connection on my windows os is sitting around 5mbps download, however the same system is sitting around speeds of 50mbps when booted into ubuntu. I'm using an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. I have updated the drivers, switched performance mode on, and limited the...
  10. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...