Windows 10: Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell?

Discus and support Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some code written that works on text files. It can work on multiple files. Something like this: myprogram.exe myfile1.txt myfile2.txt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by starengine, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell?

I have some code written that works on text files.
    It can work on multiple files.

Something like this: myprogram.exe myfile1.txt myfile2.txt myfile3.txt

I want to have a Windows interface so I can run my code as described.

I have a solution! Problem is that on 2 laptops it doesnt work. (All other laptops it works!)

I have a DOS batch file written with this:

myprogram.exe %1

I put this in the sendto folder.
    Now I can select multiple files, right click and choose the SendTo option and then select the batch file.
    Works nicely - except for 2 laptops. Grrrr!!!

(I simplified the above just for illustration. When the code gets executes, there are spaces and the full paths are used for everything - not a problem.)

Is there another way? Like say maybe using Powershell? (Which I've never used before)
    Or is there an environment setting I can change on my laptops?

Thanks.

:)

starengine, Aug 21, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

Selecting & viewing multiple files to send it through bluetooth

You can select one file at a time to share via BT.

garym123, Aug 21, 2017
  3. ketan_gs Win User
    Selecting & viewing multiple files to send it through bluetooth

Is there any solution foe selecting multiple files including songs, videos documents via blutooth ????????

ketan_gs, Aug 21, 2017
Thema:

Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell?

1. Help selecting multiple files & passing to a program. Use Powershell? - Similar Threads - Help selecting multiple

2. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  3. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  4. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  6. How do I add file extensions to multiple files using powershell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I add file extensions to multiple files using powershell?: Bunch of files with no extensions, all in one folder. Want to make them all png submitted by /u/granitefloors [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6wo2q/how_do_i_add_file_extensions_to_multiple_files/
  7. Using multiple security programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using multiple security programs: Dear members, just want an answer to the question.. I have XFI advantage securitythrough Comcast along with windows defender .....do I need to also have something like Nortonwhich I use to have through Comcast before they switched? [Original Title: Anti virus]...
  8. Problem Selecting Multiple Files

Problem Selecting Multiple Files: Suddenly I can't select multiple files in Windows 10 File Explorer. While holding CTRL or SHIFT, I select the second file and the first one is deselected. This is very annoying when I want to do a group action. What has happened and how can I fix it?...
  9. Unable to install program using Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install program using Powershell: Im running a windows docker container and I want to install it some programs but I cant download any, [ATTACH] I also tried to install chocolatey with powershell but t doesnt work [ATTACH] Ive also tried to download the ;Numpkg file and install it manually but it...
  10. Program auto select in powershell

Program auto select in powershell: Hello everyone I'm beginner programming powershell, now i want to program powershell auto select card wifi in Sharing tab, when my customer open file *.ps1 .Powershell will auto select card wifi and customer don't need select, can everyone can help me :( , Thanks very much....