Windows 10: Help setting up email and calendar...?

Discus and support Help setting up email and calendar...? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just installed the official W10 release on my Surface Pro 3, and it looks and feels really slick. However, should it really be easier to set up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by OppfinnarJocke, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Help setting up email and calendar...?

I just installed the official W10 release on my Surface Pro 3, and it looks and feels really slick. However, should it really be easier to set up connection to Exchange mail and calendar in Android than in W10? In Android it took me like three minutes, I have now fiddled with this in W10 for more than 30 minutes an hour.

OK, rant over... Does anyone have any tips to get this working?

I am trying to set up the mail client to connect to my university Exchange server. This worked and was easy to set up in W8.1, but it seems impossible to get it working in W10. Any hints?

Thanks (and sorry for the vague question, but by now it seems that I have tried *everything* and I just want some help in finding what else to try).

:)

OppfinnarJocke, Jul 28, 2015

2. help setting up email

Yes I put in my name when I set up the account. I use my work pop3 for the incoming mail server, but could not send with it. So I used the verizon smtp outgoing mail server when setting up the account. I only have the option to put the name in the setup
    of the incoming mail.

I'm trying to reset the Active Sync Wireless account, its different than just ActiveSnyc. Its the wireless one I can't reset.

golfnbike13, Jul 28, 2015
  3. help setting up email

When you setup the account, did you change the "from area" to have your name?

The easiest way to fix it is to delete the account and set it up again being careful to add your name in the Your Name area.

For the ActiveSync account, open ActiveSync on your device, Press Menu, then press Options. Make sure the name of the PC is highlighted and press Menu and choose Delete

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Help setting up email and calendar...?

Talking to myself here... *Smile

My email server uses port 587 for SMTP. I tried giving the server name as "smtp.server.se:587" but that did not work either. Anyone having any ideas for this?

OppfinnarJocke, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Help setting up email and calendar...?

1. Help setting up email and calendar...? - Similar Threads - Help setting email

2. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calendar settings: My friend searching something in my settings and accidentally made some mistakes. I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them and I don't know how and I don't want to mess settings as well. I have Windows 11....
  3. calendar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calendar settings: My friend searching something in my settings and accidentally made some mistakes. I have Chinese character in my calendar. I want to remove them and I don't know how and I don't want to mess settings as well. I have Windows 11....
  4. Email set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email set up: Choose which account to send the email from - is not set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-set-up/be9b2881-a488-4d5c-9afb-1ae288e2a183
  5. Email add set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email add set up: i have just bought a new pc and installed microsoft office apps and want to set up my outlook account. I have an existing email which I set up on my IPAD but it wont set up on this PC. the address is @me.com. How can I set this up on my new laptop...
  6. microsoft email and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft email and calendar: can i move an email into calendar by drop and drag? you can in Outlook, but i cant seem to get it to work in new email program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microsoft-email-and-calendar/72302879-a5d6-4e3c-a99a-06127633bf30
  7. Gmail Calendar Not Showing Up in Win 10 Calendar - Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail Calendar Not Showing Up in Win 10 Calendar - Help: I added my gmail account to win 10 to connect with my gmail calendar. But when I go to the win 10 calendar i dont see any of my events scheduled. How do i fix this? 114649
  8. email setting help needed

in Browsers and Email
    email setting help needed: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10 installed I am not getting emails in the mail centre or the action centre despite that option turned on how do I get my emails to appear in action centre ????? 32554
  9. Set up Charter email?

in Browsers and Email
    Set up Charter email?: Having an issue with setting up my Charter email account. I cannot find what the server setting should be..it lists only 1 box for server and not an outgoing or incoming as I am used to seeing. My Charter account is what I use for Microsoft so it wont let me delete it and...
  10. Set email reminder in Calendar app

in Browsers and Email
    Set email reminder in Calendar app: I cannot find any way to set an email reminder for an event in Windows 10 Calendar app. Using Calendar at Outlook.com this is an option. Is this by design or am I missing something? 72090