Windows 10: Help setting up Windows Edge

Discus and support Help setting up Windows Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Internet Explorer for many years and find it exasperating that some of the features I have become used to do not appear to be in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fordtman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. fordtman Win User

Help setting up Windows Edge

I have been using Internet Explorer for many years and find it exasperating that some of the features I have become used to do not appear to be in Windows Edge. Can anyone tell me:
    1. How to remove the extra spacing in the HUB Favourites drop down list so all the entries are closer together?
    2. How do I search a web page for a string as you could in IE?
    3. Can you run more than one version of Edge like you could with IE and still can with file explorer?
    4. Delete an entry from the favourites drop down list (not the favourites bar). I imported all of my favourites and favourites bar from IE and ended up with one URL at the top level of the Edge favourites drop down list which I cannot remove? Could be a bug?

:)

fordtman, Aug 12, 2015
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Is there a help site for setting up the new Microsoft Edge?

Unfortunately, there is no 'help' site for Edge. This forum really only source.

Edge is still very much in development stage & is missing several features & functions that are available in IE.

New features & functions will be added as they become ready for general use.

Personally I have stopped use Edge on a regular basis and have stuck to IE & Firefox

When I do use Edge & have a problem I > I select 'app options ' (circled) > then select "open with Internet Explorer' then work as normal.

Help setting up Windows Edge [​IMG]

Shilohbob, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

1. Not sure what you mean by 'extra spacing'.

2. Click Settings.

3. Right click on an item.

Edwin, Aug 12, 2015
  5. fordtman Win User
    Sorry my request was not very clear. The spacing I am referring to is the distance between lines in the favourites list as shown by the lower arrow in the following image. I have a large list of "Favourites" that I could see all of in IE in the one drop down list, now I have to scroll down to get to the lower ones. Removing or shrinking the icons would be a great help if it can be done

IE Version:

I have tried to remove the entry shown by the top arrow using the "Remove" method you refer to but it won't disappear.
    I must have been looking at the "Find on page" heading and not seeing it. Next time I'll call in my grandson.

I could run two versions of IE by right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting IE again. This allowed me to view two different IE windows (one on each monitor, I have two monitors) and compare the pages. I don't seem to be able to do this with Edge.

fordtman, Aug 13, 2015
  6. fordtman Win User
    Seems like nobody can answer my questions so I am going back to IE until Microsoft get their act together with Edge. IE is a far better implementation.

fordtman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help setting up Windows Edge - Similar Threads - Help setting Edge

2. Help with Microphones set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Microphones set up: The microphone hasn't worked in a few weeks. I have tried everything to get it back online. I need for Zoom meeting, but, I have to hook up my phone and use it that way. I need to know how to do it. I have tried support, and they can't fix the problem. Suggestions.?...
  3. Help setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help setting up windows 11: Hi I am trying to set up a new windows 11 PC for my business. I'm trying to add my Microsoft account so I can proceed with the setup of windows but it is telling me that my Microsoft account does not exist. The error reads "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  4. Help setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help setting up windows 11: Hi I am trying to set up a new windows 11 PC for my business. I'm trying to add my Microsoft account so I can proceed with the setup of windows but it is telling me that my Microsoft account does not exist. The error reads "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  5. Help setting up windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help setting up windows 10: Hey everyone! Recently I decided to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I thought I'd just back up my laptop, and take itto a tech shop to format it and install Windows 10. And it went pretty good! Well, until I actually got the files back on the PC. Then I was treated to a...
  6. Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?: I had installed Edge Chromium (Enterprise) from the below link WITHOUT setting Group Policies and I am just curious as to why these settings are greyed-out? I have no problem with it on leaving these settings turned OFF. But just out of curiosity. Maybe the Enterprise...
  7. Multiplayer set up help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiplayer set up help :: Howdy! I'm having trouble with the new website setup and accessing the option to enable multiplayer on my account. I'm sure the answer is fairly obvious, but it has me puzzled. I'm trying to play Minecraft but every time I try to open a realm it says "You can't play...
  8. help with setting up cortana

in Cortana
    help with setting up cortana: need some help with set up. seems im missing something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-setting-up-cortana/6037bc19-fb94-440d-8632-21dd3c3363e1
  9. Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support': Hi, So my windows 10(Laptop) keeps blocking me with popups of the windows help and support which opens up in edge. It keeps continuously opening a large no: of the same link in a large no: of tabs. Whenever this happens my mouse cursor freezes and I'm not able to use the...
  10. set up help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set up help: is it possible to make the start up menu on the left side i do not even know what to call it look like windows 7 with extensions tiles etc while staying in windows ten. please be nice im old and easily addled and apt to be contused again i bow 2 u 75697