Windows 10: Help sorting user account name?

Discus and support Help sorting user account name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Help sorting user account name?

Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand.

I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is .

I’m trying to determine what Microsoft creates that folder name based on?

I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

Trying to ascertain 1) how to change that username folder to match and 2) find out if it’s possible for Microsoft to create the username for my profile instead of klepp.

Is this something saved in the cloud and associated with my Microsoft account? If so can I change it?

Or does Microsoft try to use the prefix of your email but omit numbers for whatever reason? (If this is the case, I can live with it much easier)

Case you can’t tell I’m a bit ocd Help sorting user account name? :)

:)

klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 29, 2018
  3. User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Help sorting user account name? - Similar Threads - Help sorting user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User name account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name account: When I set up my new computer I mistyped my user name. I ran the userpasswords2 to update the user name but when i look in file explorer under Users it only has the old name. How do i rename this folder?...
  6. Inconsistency in Sort By Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inconsistency in Sort By Name: Hello, Currently, I'm using windows 10 build 1809 I'm really wonder about the sorting by name in explorer and CMD of windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I use dir command to list out all the file in the folder. You can see the same of the priority of files name in CMD and power...
  7. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  8. User account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account name: How do I change the user account name of a non-administrator account on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-name/9bb32d57-f261-4420-80b6-229a8e4367c1
  9. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  10. Change user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. press windows key r then type netplwiz.under users for this computer double click on your user account.change the user name then click on apply.click ok.restart the pc.