Windows 10: [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups

Discus and support [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 forams plz halp mi. Iz ther a wai tu maek all apps list insted of groups (0-9, A, B, etc.)? when wif win7 i crated mi own foldrs in all aps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by at0msk, Jul 30, 2015.

1. at0msk Win User

[Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups

Win10 forams plz halp mi. Iz ther a wai tu maek all apps list insted of groups (0-9, A, B, etc.)?

when wif win7 i crated mi own foldrs in all aps menu. pls wni10 farum halp mi.

:)

at0msk, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

help me get rid of the explorer search bar from the top of my screen?

Use the Snipping tool to take a picture of the thing you are referring to and post it here.

The Snipping tool is in the Start menu, All apps list within the Windows accessories group.

Tryx3, Jul 30, 2015
  3. "All apps" list from start menu show no apps at all!

Hi Joao,

I understand that you are facing issues with the All apps list in start menu, be rest assured we are happy to help!

Please follow the methods below and check if the issue can be fixed.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
    Enter.

3. After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

1. Right click on the
    Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the
    Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
    Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. To close the
    Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press
    Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

If the issue persist, create a local user account and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status of the issue. We are happy to help!

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. at0msk Win User
    Hehe. Thank you for the response. I had fun writing that post. I had taken a look at that guide and I figured manipulating the Apps list would be similar to Windows 7, etc. I'm really just looking to abolish that ghastly grouping view and just get a simple list of apps much like the All Apps menu was in 7. I don't care for how much the 0-9, A, B, etc. headers clutter up the All Apps menu.

I had created my own folders in my Windows 7 install for Apps and such but I am not losing any sleep if I need to just dump those folders and lump all the apps in there. Thought there might be some customization option I wasn't finding through all of my digging.

at0msk, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could use a 3rd party program like the free Classic Shell to do so.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. at0msk Win User
    *Shudders*

at0msk, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's a nice program with a proven track record if you wanted to give it a try.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  9. at0msk Win User
    OK I'll *pin* it to my list of 3rd party customization apps to try. In the meantime I'm going to be emptying some folders.

*pictures dumping bag out on to table*

Thanks for your help. *Smile

at0msk, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    LOL, you're most welcome mate. *Smile

Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups - Similar Threads - Help Start Menu

2. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  3. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  4. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  5. Start Menu No Default Selection For "Pinned Tiles" vs "All Apps"

Start Menu No Default Selection For "Pinned Tiles" vs "All Apps": Here is the answer to that question which the microsoft moderator said you cannot do. Settings->Personalization->start Set "Show app list in Start menu" to on. this will now default to apps and not show the pinned tiles first....
  6. Remove all groups from start menu

Remove all groups from start menu: I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space between them. I want to use that space. But it seems impossible to have no groups or just one. Whenever I try to get all the...
  7. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. question about "all apps" list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    question about "all apps" list in start menu: When programs appear in the all apps list of the start menu I usually click don't show this in the list option, well now none of the apps are ever showing there, imagine that lol, is there anyway to get them to start showing again? 22952
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...