Windows 10: HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

Discus and support HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden on 4/27, one right after the other, none of my browsers would start. I could start them only once and then they failed each other time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rzn6jw, Apr 27, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

All of a sudden on 4/27, one right after the other, none of my browsers would start. I could start them only once and then they failed each other time I tried to start them. Worked OK until then.

Running Win 10 Pro AE 64-bit. Last update was KB3150513 on 4/22. I thought it might have been a browser messing with something common to all browsers, so I restored a backup of my C: drive to 4/23. Browsers worked once and then failed. So, they worked OK from the backup on 4/23 to 4/27 but a restore to 4/23 fails. Even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and it did the same thing.

Can't think of any hardware issue that would cause only browsers to fail. I have included the errors for both IE and Firefox (they both look identical).

Hope you can help.

:)

rzn6jw, Apr 27, 2017
  2. swroop Win User

Nokia 5800 default Browsers Doesn't opens up

Hi,

Default browser on Nokia 5800 is started giving problems suddenly. Whenever i try to select any URL to go to, it immediately closes down. How can I re-install the default browser.

The problem started when I was accessing secure Outlook Web Access connection for my mails. suddenly the browser crashed and since then i am not able to open it again.

Kindly help.

swroop, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Outlook email- suddenly less space for the content of messages

Hi Don,

Have done that and made IE11 my default browser.

However, for some reason my e-mail page has suddenly come back to the original layout! I don't know what I did and I don't care.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Ted

FalconFielder, Apr 27, 2017
  4. torre Win User

- Did you reset Edge and IE ? There is a tutorial on how to reset Edge. Just use search box above.

- sfc/scannow

- AV scan

- Or reset Win10 instead of backup drive ?

- Have you had previous problems with the Anniversary Edition (AE) MSN keeping it updated ?
    (Assume you are not running the latest Creator Update)

torre, Apr 28, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    I don't use Edge. Tried sfc/scannow but came up clear. Tried using Windows Repair but got error message ' ..could not repair'.

I don't think update has installed CU, but I'm on build 14393.

Just for the fun and giggles, I'm going to try to uninstall KB3150513 and see what happens.

Back later but if anyone else has some tricks, please don't hesitate to add your comments.

Thanks.

rzn6jw, Apr 28, 2017
  6. for my two cents.... disable all your AV's and try. Any chance you are running Malwarebytes 3.x.

Love the product but recently it has been causing me grief.

14393 is Anniversary, not CU.

torre mentioned AV scan, did you?

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    Yeah, I'm running MalwareBytes v 3.0.6.1469. What did it do to you?

Ran MalwareBytes and Norton AVs and both came up clean.

Since this issue happened sometime shortly after the KB3150513 update was installed, I removed it and I'm going to do a reboot and see what happens.

Back soon.

rzn6jw, Apr 28, 2017
  8. rzn6jw Win User

Well, that didn't work.

Still mystified why these browsers aren't working. MS should know how to fix this with IE (even with a reset in options, IE still won't start).

Got to be something with Win 10 when you uninstall and then reinstall a program and it still won't start.

Hope the hotshots see this and give some hints.

Thanks. Coming back to this tomorrow.

rzn6jw, Apr 28, 2017
  9. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 28, 2017
  10. When you start a browser and it shuts down what is being recorded in the event logs?

On Malwarebytes just weirdness. We installed in one of my seniors classes and one user couldn't log in. ??? Ran system restore and problem solved. Another customer said his updated, wasn't running real time as trial was over, and got two errors, one Norton Family protection was complaining. Third instance customer calls complaining websites being blocked. Uninstalled MBAM and disabled Eset. Issue gone, re-enable Eset everything still okay. Now this could have just been the two products not sharing well. Additionally following this forum you just see the words. Again I'm a big supporter and user. This is likely not MBAM acting alone but more the way products are interacting.

11. prikker Win User
    prikker, Apr 28, 2017
  12. TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
  13. rzn6jw Win User

OK, downloaded and installed 64-bit Firefox. Installation went OK and Firefox opened to my home page. Exited Firefox and it refused to start, again with the same error code.

Going to uninstall MalwareBytes and reboot. Back shortly.

rzn6jw, Apr 28, 2017
  14. Can you share error code?

15. rzn6jw Win User
    Two error files from MMC (there's also a '.wer' file but I can't open it):

Fault bucket 108877925392, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: firefox.exe
    P2: 52.0.2.6291
    P3: 58d41a2d
    P4: StackHash_f9d1
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 00000000
    P7: 4000001f
    P8: PCH_40_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x000C9598
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERAB6E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml (this is empty)

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_firefox.exe_6bb146bc1f633ce92dbb2a7b34d3 e3526efd5bc_1a2ca2d0_2f7db021

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: e954fe08-5828-4aa3-b7e7-688383772bc8
    Report Status: 0
    Hashed bucket: 60b2305da8e9dc3aa0522c6a70e3186e

and

Faulting application name: firefox.exe, version: 52.0.2.6291, time stamp: 0x58d41a2d
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0x4000001f
    Fault offset: 0x00a60d04
    Faulting process id: 0x33e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c142806e9c98
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: e954fe08-5828-4aa3-b7e7-688383772bc8
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Except for the name of the application (Firefox or Internet Explorer) these error messages are exactly the same.

rzn6jw, Apr 29, 2017
Thema:

1. HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. - Similar Threads - HELP Suddenly browsers

2. Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop: Hi, Since last week, my word documents will not attach in outlook, Edge, Chrome or emclient. Even if I use gmail, it crashes. It's fine with word 2003 so have been saving docs in older formats. It's also fine on the Win 2007 computer which I prefer to keep off the net. Have...
  3. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  4. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  5. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers: I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In Firefox, it closes the menu gar and address bar, but leaves the tabs and bookmarks toolbar open. In Chrome, it closes the address...
  7. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  8. All Browsers Crash On Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Browsers Crash On Start: I just came across a problem where all browsers I try to install except for Microsoft Edge crash when asked to start. I was using Opera and the it stopped working, and after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, the application would crash on start, with no error...
  9. All browsers suddenly stopped auto login

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers suddenly stopped auto login: Hi all. Over the last few days every single browser that I use has suddenly stopped auto login to all relevant sites. I usually only use Firefox but when this started I tried Chrome and Edge. The problem is the same on all of them so I don't believe this is a browser problem...
  10. Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages: Hi, I've had my computer for around 4 years. I've never seen this problem before. About 3 weeks ago, I started experiencing internet problems on my computer. It started not being able to join Minecraft servers. It gave me an error. But then I could only open Youtube. Then,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browsers dont start