Windows 10: help! The default font in Windows 10 Mail is too small

Discus and support help! The default font in Windows 10 Mail is too small in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I believe the default font is Calibri 11. That is much too small for my eyes. Is there any way to change the default font? I know his question was... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Barbs, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Barbs Win User

help! The default font in Windows 10 Mail is too small

I believe the default font is Calibri 11. That is much too small for my eyes. Is there any way to change the default font? I know his question was asked before but I am hoping someone has a new solution or Microsoft has remedied this.
    It is a hassle to change it every time I want to send an email

:)

Barbs, Jun 19, 2017

2. How can I change the default font size for both incoming and outgoing mail in Windows 10?  The default font is so small that it is almost impossible to read.

I access mail by clicking the start button, then the tile for mail. I believe this is the Windows 10 mail app. it allows me to access several email accounts. there are settings for a default signature etc. yet I am unable to find a setting for a default
    font. this email app is useless to me if i can't read what i am typing in too small a font. changing the font in each email is an unacceptable solution.

JuliaMarsh, Jun 19, 2017
  3. How can I change the default font size for both incoming and outgoing mail in Windows 10?  The default font is so small that it is almost impossible to read.

How can I change the default font size for both incoming and outgoing mail in Windows 10? The default font is so small that it is almost impossible to read.

JuliaMarsh, Jun 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi Barbs,

There is still no change to this situation as far as I know. Crazy but true!

Are you using a particularly high definition monitor? Sometimes the native resolution can end up making things even smaller. You may be able to adjust this by making everything larger by a Settings > system > display setting called scale and layout.

See Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 for more information.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Settings > System > Display > Scale > increase upwards from 100%, It does work on the Mail App.
    This goes back to Windows 3.1 as far as I can recall.

Various other Applications and Windows have the same small fonts.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. help! The default font in Windows 10 Mail is too small - Similar Threads - help default font

2. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  3. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  4. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The font, is just too small . . .

The font, is just too small . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.The default font, is just too small.As I grow, older. I just need it bigger.These are, the instructions I follow,To get the fonts bigger:Font SizeGo to the search tabThen Search "Make text Bigger"From there you can adjust font...
  6. taskbar font size too small WIndows 10

taskbar font size too small WIndows 10: All of the information I can find on this problem is well over 8 years old. None of the "fixes" work. How can I make the type on Chrome Windows 10 taskbar large enough to read for anyone over 30 years old?...
  7. graphics and fonts too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics and fonts too small: Why when I open some programs the everything is minimize? in other words the letters(font) and graphics are too small to be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-and-fonts-too-small/43715194-4209-4328-ac98-d79cc02d549e
  8. Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10

Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10: why do i have too small fonts in the applications in windows 10 tho i tried to fix the resolutions but still nothing works. also i dont have the option (advanced display setting)...
  9. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...
  10. Fonts Blurred / too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Blurred / too small: Hi, I have an original Acer laptop Aspire E1-522 with AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and a brand new Aspire F5-573G_115C_1.18 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN 10 Office 2016 - incoming email is printed CALIBIRI but but is almost too small to read