Windows 10: HELP - To install windows10 MBR Partician table

Discus and support HELP - To install windows10 MBR Partician table in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone help me.. i have windows7 installed on my hard drive and wat to make it dual boot with windows10.. but when ever i tried to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dinarsam, Jul 29, 2017.

1. dinarsam Win User

HELP - To install windows10 MBR Partician table

Hi, can anyone help me.. i have windows7 installed on my hard drive and wat to make it dual boot with windows10.. but when ever i tried to install windows10 it gives me following error - " WINDOWS CAN NOT BE INTALLEDoN THIS DISK. THE SELECT DISK HAS MBR PARTICIAN TABLE. ON EFI SYSTEM, WINDOWS CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED TO GPTDISK."

I have created bootable USB using rufus...using
    1. Partician scheme - MBR partician scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers
    2. File system - NTFS

:)

dinarsam, Jul 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 home fresh install from new OS CD

doing a fresh install of windows10 on a clean hdd, but keep getting error mssgs; the selected disk has an MBR partition table. on EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GPT disks., and several error code as to not being able to extend partition Error:0x8004240e,
    any help would be appreciated . .

Moved from Insider

dionsmith62, Jul 29, 2017
  3. qinada Win User
    Windows Installation

On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. If you use MBR disk, you will receive this error message: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. You can convert MBR to GPT and try it again.

qinada, Jul 29, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

When you start the PC tap F8 to get to your boot menu (not the Bios) then choose the normal usb stick option, the one that does not have UEFI in it`s description.

You can then do a legacy install of W10

I have.

If you are only going to do Legacy MBR installs then go into then Bios and set it to Legacy boot only, if it has that option.

I have mine set to Legacy & UEFI and always install in Legacy mode on a MBR drive, I see no advantage to UEFI and I like having 1 partition.

AddRAM, Jul 29, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    You can see here the 2 choices the boot menu gives me for the Lexar usb stick, one choice is UEFI (at the top of the list) the other choice is for a Legacy install (5th on the list)

Choose that to do a Legacy install.

AddRAM, Jul 29, 2017
  6. dinarsam Win User
    Thanks for the help... it worked for me... just did following as you suggested

dinarsam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP - To install windows10 MBR Partician table - Similar Threads - HELP install windows10

2. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  3. The selected disk has an MBR partition table [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The selected disk has an MBR partition table [Fix]: [IMG]Some users have reported that when they try to install Windows OS on their hard disk, the installation process is interrupted. As soon as they press the Install now button in the Windows Setup process, the Windows installation fails, and the Windows Setup shows Windows...
  4. Windows cannot be installed to this disk because it has an mbr partition table.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk because it has an mbr partition table.: So I was trying to install windows on my laptop and then windows threw this error at me. Obviously, I need to convert my disk to gpt but let’s say that’s not an option. I am using Uefi hybrid boot mode so could I use legacy boot mode to bypass this error?...
  5. Windows cannot be installed to this disk because it has an mbr partition table.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk because it has an mbr partition table.: So I was trying to install windows on my laptop and then windows threw this error at me. Obviously, I need to convert my disk to gpt but let’s say that’s not an option. I am using Uefi hybrid boot mode so could I use legacy boot mode to bypass this error?...
  6. Windows 11 Install - new build, error "The selected disk has an MBR partition table"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Install - new build, error "The selected disk has an MBR partition table": Following a previous response to this issue, I've run 'diskpart', selected the disk, cleaned the disk, and ran 'convert gpt'. Same issue repeats.The disk is showing in setup as 'Disk 0 Partition 1 total size 2048.0 GB free space 0.0 MB type primaryThe SSD is an ADATA SU635...
  7. Windows 11 Install - new build, error "The selected disk has an MBR partition table"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Install - new build, error "The selected disk has an MBR partition table": Following a previous response to this issue, I've run 'diskpart', selected the disk, cleaned the disk, and ran 'convert gpt'. Same issue repeats.The disk is showing in setup as 'Disk 0 Partition 1 total size 2048.0 GB free space 0.0 MB type primaryThe SSD is an ADATA SU635...
  8. Windows10 update broke table pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 update broke table pc: Microsoft wanted to update windows and force restart, so I allowed it. After update My windows starting is stuck in a loop and cant start. After the logo, it flashes "Undoing changes done to your computer" and restarts the startup. How can i either reverse the update or get...
  9. Installing Windows 10 on SD drive with MBR partition table on EFI system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on SD drive with MBR partition table on EFI system: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an SD drive. I keep getting this message: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks" I went into the BIOS to disable the EFI Boot...
  10. mbr to gpt help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mbr to gpt help: till now my partition was gpt uefi bios but with rufus I had to create with ntfs as iso was 4200mb and I had to select other os in bios instead of uefi now my all partitions are ntfs in ssd I have 3 drives now if I use uefi usb iso will all drives be converted to gpt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recovery partician?

2. error 0x8004240e on installing win10

3. error 0x8004240e